1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it worked great on mine. Both belts were brittle to the touch so I gently brushed them with the Angelus paint and they seem to be holding up pretty well. There’s a slight shine to the pleather now but it’s better than the jackets and belts turning to dust. :lol

So far the only concern I've found with the pleather is at a figure's joints - if the arms are in a bent position for a long time creating a major crease in the pleather that area looks a bit dodgy when you unbend. Talking specifically about the MMS117 or DX13 jackets there. The MMS238 jacket always seemed thinner and flimsier to me so it's probably worse and is likely to degrade faster.

Man, **** Hot Toys.

Not only have they seemingly stopped making cool, new figures, their garbage product don?t even last ten years in the best of conditions. They really are ****suckers. If I could go back to my 2008 self and be like ?hey, don?t get caught up in the hype bro?, I would.

Sealant or finisher? Trying to find it on Amazon and I see paint and a finisher.

It’s the same thing. A paint finisher is something you apply to “seal” or protect your finished artwork.

Man, **** Hot Toys.

Not only have they seemingly stopped making cool, new figures, their garbage product don?t even last ten years in the best of conditions. They really are ****suckers. If I could go back to my 2008 self and be like ?hey, don?t get caught up in the hype bro?, I would.

They're such a boring-a$$ company now. You can't even get excited about the increasingly rarer forays into other licenses like The Matrix or John Wick because you know it'll be one figure and done. Remember the days when we used to make wishlists of licenses we wanted Hot Toys to get?

As far as deteriorating belts and so forth - from past experience (ED-209) we know they don't necessarily learn from their mistakes so odds are they'd do exactly the same thing again were they to revisit the Terminator line.

I dunno if that would help with the belt situation would it?

I retired a few more of my T-800 variants to spare parts yesterday (trying to have a less cluttered and repetitive collection) and in the process 2 more belts completely disintegrated. I just said **** it, whatever. Maybe Hot Toys should launch a replacement program for stuff they have made that suffers this kind of widespread degradat- :lol What am I talking about. As if they'd do something like that.

Know how you feel, bought a DX Indiana Jones nib and in no time his holster disintegrated between picking it up & placing it back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For fun my police shootout with mms136 bd head repainted (with Endo eye added) and the mms238 gear.
IMG_20180916_152639.jpg
DSC_0011_1490955495545.jpg

My mms117 jacket still look great.
It's pleater but very thick so quite resistant.
With pleater lotion it will probably last long.

From day one when I got the mms238 I knew the jacket was going to get ****ed up even if I was carefully. It's paper thin.

I got one of the astoys T2 set and modified the jacket, adding zips mostly.
Looks pretty good, will update with pics.

I tried to contact astoys to ask if they could do a T1 set but impossible to get any email.

I tried to get a customizer to do some jackets but he dissapeared on me and others ask way too much for what I'm willing to pay.

I think the best option would be to get the astoys t2 and have it modified by a customizer.
Or I've seen recently a guy who fixes pleather clothing, peel them and replaces with leather or paint I think.

**** hot toys.

Last edited:
That MMS136 head still looks great, better than the 238 IMO. I'd still love to see a 1/4 T1 police station shootout Arnold. Hopefully the larger scale would encourage a thicker (and possibly real leather) jacket.

It's a shame reading stories of deterioration. Make you wonder if all the MCU figures eventually wither away, then again HT make so many new versions of each character that I doubt their target market holds onto a single costume more than two or three years before upgrading.

The '08-'19 MCU coming to an end doesn't seem to be slowing HT down either. They'll keep pumping out 2.0s and 3.0s into the next decade, I'm sure.

For fun my police shootout with mms136 bd head repainted (with Endo eye added) and the mms238 gear.

That MMS136 head still looks great, better than the 238 IMO.

Yeah the likeness is better and with that head it means your T-800 doesn't suddenly develop a gargantuan round cranium for the second half of the movie. There's one thing I like about the NECA figures, say what you will about the likenesses on those but at least they're consistent - the same clean sculpt is used as the basis for the battle damaged variants so you can see how one plausibly turns into the other. With Hot Toys different sculptors worked on the heads years apart and changed the damn head size to boot. Frustrating lack of consistency.

The '08-'19 MCU coming to an end doesn't seem to be slowing HT down either. They'll keep pumping out 2.0s and 3.0s into the next decade, I'm sure.

Never thought it would. Inevitably, the end of Phase 3 and the gap until phase 4 was only ever going to mean they catch up on the backlog of past MCU stuff and make 2.0s, 3.0s and 4.0s of MCU stuff already done. Time to tackle other licenses? Pffft.

Thanks guys.
Yes the mms136 looks great a d has the perfect proportions for the mms238.
Some pics of my custom head, thinking about selling it coz I'm not using it anymore but damn that was my grail pet project thanks to commando for making it rea.
JointPics_20200823_180018.JPG

My custom mms238
Body swapped , jacket astoys modded.
IMG_20200823_174836.jpg

As for the mms238 jacket fix I have two new leads I will share with you if they are relevant.
One is fixing it with leather paints, the customizer is doing it for rather cheap.
The other is replacing the pleather by real leather I have yet to know how much this one would cost.

My MMS238 jacket deteriorated like you wouldn't believe it. I ended up buying another one, and with that, replacing the pants and boots off the MMS136. At least some benefit came out of it.

I have the MMS117, the DX10 and the DX13. So far that biggest issues I've had are the belts. Only the DX10 belt is still intact in perfect condition. But the MMS117 and the DX13 belts are done. I ended up ordering almost similar looking/style belts off eBay to replace them and I've been maintaining the pleather and leather with conditioner. Might try this Angelus sealant. Also on another note, I've had my MMS117 since 2010. Nothing has deteriorated on the leather, I don't think it's faux leather. Certainly doesn't feel like it. And I just removed it recently trying it out on a Phicen body.

It really is a pity how they deteriorate over time, but overall, aside from these issues, my models are all in excellent condition.

I recently restored my Evil Superman as well. Suit faded like crazy. Managed to repaint it, and more matching to the movie too. I will post pics soon as I can.

My MMS238 jacket deteriorated like you wouldn't believe it. I ended up buying another one, and with that, replacing the pants and boots off the MMS136. At least some benefit came out of it.

I have the MMS117, the DX10 and the DX13. So far that biggest issues I've had are the belts. Only the DX10 belt is still intact in perfect condition. But the MMS117 and the DX13 belts are done. I ended up ordering almost similar looking/style belts off eBay to replace them and I've been maintaining the pleather and leather with conditioner. Might try this Angelus sealant.

It really is a pity how they deteriorate over time, but overall, aside from these issues, my models are all in excellent condition.

I recently restored my Evil Superman as well. Suit faded like crazy. Managed to repaint it, and more matching to the movie too. I will post pics soon as I can.

Have you got a link to the replacement belts you got.

Thanks guys.
Yes the mms136 looks great a d has the perfect proportions for the mms238.
Some pics of my custom head, thinking about selling it coz I'm not using it anymore but damn that was my grail pet project thanks to commando for making it rea.
View attachment 493865

My custom mms238
Body swapped , jacket astoys modded.
View attachment 493866

As for the mms238 jacket fix I have two new leads I will share with you if they are relevant.
One is fixing it with leather paints, the customizer is doing it for rather cheap.
The other is replacing the pleather by real leather I have yet to know how much this one would cost.

Would you be willing to sell me that MMS136 modded head? I live in Dubai.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-...var=453330006243&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This is it. Ordered a number of them. Those are the closest to the original I could find without being asked to spend $250 on an MMS117 pants, boots and belt set on sale.

Yeah pretty close. The thing that makes the belt unique looking is the two lines around it, made to look like stitching.

The belt on my DX10 is holding up pretty well. I got the DX10 clothes on the MMS117 figure.
The belts from my MMS117 fig and DX13 are not so great.

DX10
MBn2QyM.jpg

MMS117
dPFWs0t.jpg

DX13
0uo5Fdg.jpg

Crazy hey? Like they had full quality control on the DX10 but not the other two. I'm thankful, and not, because now two of them are gonna have different belts, which sucks (unless I remove the DX10 belt).

Tell me, does the belt look brown or black to you? Because I ordered one brown and a couple of black, and I was pretty sure when I looked at mine, it had too much of black to be a brown, but now in these pics it looks brown!

Also, why did you swap the clothes around? You meaning to say you prefer the MMS117 clothes over the DX10?

Yeah pretty close. The thing that makes the belt unique looking is the two lines around it, made to look like stitching.

The belt on my DX10 is holding up pretty well. I got the DX10 clothes on the MMS117 figure.
The belts from my MMS117 fig and DX13 are not so great.

DX10
MBn2QyM.jpg

MMS117
dPFWs0t.jpg

DX13
0uo5Fdg.jpg

Back