1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard.

Yeah the head on this is definitely too big - the size inconsistency between all the various Hot Toys Terminator figures is pretty frustrating actually. But in the case of MMS238 it's the worst of all because compared to the body it makes him look like a 'reasonably' built man instead of the mega-built man he was in T1.

I used to think Hot Toys had recognized that Arnie was bigger in T1 than in T2 when they made the T2 DX10 with a slimmer body. But then they went and used that same slim body for T1 MMS238 AND made the heads huge which threw that theory right out the window. DX10 being slimmer than MMS117 had just been a happy accident. Hot Toys weren't in fact being as observant as I gave them credit for.

But anyway, yeah I remember back in the day we were all using the spare MMS136 head in our Police Shootout kitbashes, with custom Gargoyles, jackets from the old MMS02 'Hamburger head' figure and AR-18s from, I think, an old Aoshima Endoskeleton figure. Obviously using that head improves the proportions and it is a better likeness overall than MMS238. Just goes to show newer isn't always better. Other than the pants and boots this figure was overall a step-down from MMS136 in the sculpt, the display options and general effort put in.

I once owned a good customized version of the MMS136 head in question but sold it along with my entire kitbashed figure.

IMG_7494.JPG
IMG_9559 (Medium).JPG

I can't paint for ***t so it wasn't my work, I originally bought it from someone else. Wish I still had it but a guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

You mention you're using the Phicen M35. That one has huge legs if I'm not mistaken - I'm surprised if the pants fit on that. I think I tried putting the MMS136 onto the M34 but didn't really like the way the clothes looked on it myself.

I found some old photos I took

WOW. How did you do this?? I've also swapped out my MMS238 head for the MMS136 (which actually looks fantastic) but here in Dubai I don't think there's anyone that can do the kind of custom work you did to the head, fantastic work! Any tips would be appreciated!

Welcome aboard.

Yeah the head on this is definitely too big - the size inconsistency between all the various Hot Toys Terminator figures is pretty frustrating actually. But in the case of MMS238 it's the worst of all because compared to the body it makes him look like a 'reasonably' built man instead of the mega-built man he was in T1.

I used to think Hot Toys had recognized that Arnie was bigger in T1 than in T2 when they made the T2 DX10 with a slimmer body. But then they went and used that same slim body for T1 MMS238 AND made the heads huge which threw that theory right out the window. DX10 being slimmer than MMS117 had just been a happy accident. Hot Toys weren't in fact being as observant as I gave them credit for.

But anyway, yeah I remember back in the day we were all using the spare MMS136 head in our Police Shootout kitbashes, with custom Gargoyles, jackets from the old MMS02 'Hamburger head' figure and AR-18s from, I think, an old Aoshima Endoskeleton figure. Obviously using that head improves the proportions and it is a better likeness overall than MMS238. Just goes to show newer isn't always better. Other than the pants and boots this figure was overall a step-down from MMS136 in the sculpt, the display options and general effort put in.

I once owned a good customized version of the MMS136 head in question but sold it along with my entire kitbashed figure.

I can't paint for ***t so it wasn't my work, I originally bought it from someone else. Wish I still had it but a guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

You mention you're using the Phicen M35. That one has huge legs if I'm not mistaken - I'm surprised if the pants fit on that. I think I tried putting the MMS136 onto the M34 but didn't really like the way the clothes looked on it myself.

Hello and thank you for the welcome!

Yes, I managed to fit the pants on and it actually looks great, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Most especially during the police shoot out, you can see those trousers were pretty tight around his quads. I used the M34 for the Dutch Schaefer model taking into account he was 'smaller' there than in T1, and that worked fantastically as well. Once I can, I will share pictures with you.

That custom head is amazing, I can't believe you sold it! Do you know if there's a way to get in touch with the person who worked on it? Would appreciate any info greatly!

As for this MMS238 issue (I can't believe I only realized years later lol), I've currently swapped out the head for the BD MMS136. If I can get someone to do custom work on it here in Dubai, I would, but I don't think there's anyone who can. Either way, I'm gonna be fitting the spare M35 body I have for this too, so I'll have absolute uniformity between the MMS136 and MMS238 in my display. Right now I'm looking for the same MMS238 pants (it's always a hit or miss with Hot Toys isn't it, fricking beige yellow pants on the MMS136) to replace the Tech Noir model with, but that's a real mission on ebay.

And you're right about the DX10. I noticed this too, compared to the MMS117 there's a massive difference in chest size. Also, it seems the DX10 arms are slightly bigger than the MMS117, which I think are a bit 'small' comparatively.

hey,
well the tailor i had for the project kinda disapeared on me.
Im trying to find other option but its a pain to find something not overtly expensive or not busy.
I will post here if i find someone.

That hot toys jacket is real ****, i had one for backup but it got damaged too.

I contacted Geewiz about this. He ask for the jacket to be sent so he will "re-use original parts like buckles and zippers and convert it to genuine leather. The old jacket as pattern to create a new one made of Genuine Leather. The old flaking jacket will no longer be salvageable."

I am worried if he will be able to replicate it, the work around the shoulders, mainly below wont be easy.

I thought about getting other figure or jaket, but soone ror later the same problem will happen. ****** pleather!!!!!!

My 238 jacket is still ok, I use leather nourishment and Neatsfoot oil, To stop the material from drying out.

opgQ0MI.jpg

Happy about you not having that problem. No offence intended but I have doubts that technique of yours works because its not real but fake leather and you are not bending the arms. Funny but the problem for me is located in one arm only mainly because the shotgun was resting on the shoulder.

Hi guys,

I'm new here, been a collector since 2010 and been watching these forums forever. Finally decided to sign up, nice to meet you all!

I, like a lot of you, have been trying to figure out how to fix my MMS238. I've had it since it came out, and only recently realized during the lock-down that the head is far larger than I like, and it seems to be sculpted on Arnold's stunt double more than Arnold (one of the pics I saw on here proved this). So I took out the extra head of my MMS136, removed the stock head and replaced it.

It's a MUCH better look. Now because the head is smaller, it's proportionate to the body, it actually sits snug into the neck base without the *peg and can be positioned in all the various ways you generally would position it without it falling off. Of course, I would prefer to have it sit on a peg. So I've ordered another Phicen M35 (I replaced my MMS136's body with one because the neck-base being brittle as it is finally gave out, I also replaced my Dutch Schaefer's body as the legs just broke off, clothes are a perfect fit and it looks awesome), and doing the same only makes more sense to match the sizes of the two models together. All I'd need then is to find someone who can do some mods to the spare head (actually planning to buy an extra head for it instead of use the spare) and clean up the blood down the cheeks.

Hope this helps anyone who might be interested. If anyone has any tips on how to get some paint work done, please advise!

I will post images of my setup soon as I cross 5 posts.:wave

Welcome. about time :wave

This is one of my favourite figures. not bothered about the head size, body or any other thing but the jacket material degradating :gah:

Welcome. about time :wave

This is one of my favourite figures. not bothered about the head size, body or any other thing but the jacket material degradating :gah:

Yeah, that jacket issue sucks. Luckily, mine?s really not bad yet. The only thing that bothered me was the skinny neck but posed with his head turned a little, I don?t see it. Still hoping they revisit the QS T1. THAT would?ve been my favorite collectible, I?m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BD head from the Tech Noir figure seems slightly smaller than the Tech Noir head to me

I never thought the Tech Noir head looked pinhead but i did think the BD one looked a bit small

They're exactly the same size. I know because I was annoyed with the MMS238 head size and I put the BD136 next to the regular, and they're the same size, only difference is hair length and the eye. So now my BD136 sits on my MMS238's body!

Any of you guys use dx10 leather jacket for this figure since the jacket flakes after a while?

Both of them will flake. Faux leather only has a lifespan of maximum ten years. So, dx10 and dx13 are not far away, let alone mms117. We need to get a third party company/person to recreate this and the other jackets, otherwise we all have to use a Commando or arrival version of our terminators.

The belt on my MMS117 and DX13 has started to flake. Tried searching the internet for a replacement, no luck.
I guess the belts as well as the jackets start to flake away with time.

Will it look odd though? Since there?s some discrepancy between the t1 and t2 leathe jacket?

Anyone who owns both of them could try it out?
the HT "T1" jacket variant is so terrible and inaccurate in both shape and size that there is really no difference what crap you replace it with. it's still as far from T1 as star wars are from a decent movie.

The belt on my MMS117 and DX13 has started to flake. Tried searching the internet for a replacement, no luck.
I guess the belts as well as the jackets start to flake away with time.

I can’t say it enough. Angelus acrylic leather sealant. It’s less than $10 a bottle.

I dunno if that would help with the belt situation would it?

I retired a few more of my T-800 variants to spare parts yesterday (trying to have a less cluttered and repetitive collection) and in the process 2 more belts completely disintegrated. I just said **** it, whatever. Maybe Hot Toys should launch a replacement program for stuff they have made that suffers this kind of widespread degradat- :lol What am I talking about. As if they'd do something like that.

Back