Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "later wave" order from TBA just shipped. Both excited and anxious. Excited to finally get my hands on this and anxious to see how the nex EU customs regulations taking effet on july 1st will pan out. Will definitely be a test to see if ordering from HK is still a worthy option in the coming months.

My "later wave" order from TBA just shipped. Both excited and anxious. Excited to finally get my hands on this and anxious to see how the nex EU customs regulations taking effet on july 1st will pan out. Will definitely be a test to see if ordering from HK is still a worthy option in the coming months.
Keep us posted, please.

What are they exactly ?

edit : forget that

Currently, goods are therefore still tax-free when imported into for example Germany,
  • if they have an actual value of up to 26.30 € (full tax rate 19 %)
  • or up to €71.35 (reduced tax rate 7%).
From 1 July 2021, however, these thresholds will change dramatically. After that, goods imported into Germany will only be tax-free

• up to an actual value of goods of € 5.25 (full tax rate 19 %)
  • or 14.25 € (reduced tax rate 7 %).
This means that for all goods with a higher value than the threshold values mentioned, either the margins of the sellers will be reduced by the import duties to be paid or the goods will become more expensive for the consumers by the import duties to be paid. Consumers will have to decide whether to accept the higher import duties (e.g. if they buy goods in China) or whether they prefer to buy from intra-European traders. This effect is intended by the legislators, as the new customs regulation is intended to end the preferential treatment of non-European traders and to create fair competition between domestic and foreign mail-order traders.

The UK has had something similar since January 1st of this year.

VAT (and Duty if applicable) is taxed on the value of Goods and Shipping, unless the item is a Gift valued at £39 or less.

With Goods valued under £135 the seller is supposed to collect tax, and be registered for VAT with the UK so they can repay it.

With Goods worth more than £135 the VAT is payable by the customer to the delivery company either before the goods are delivered or when you collect them.

Customs Duty is charged on all goods sent from outside the UK if they're worth more than £135, and is applicable to the price paid for the goods and postage, packaging and insurance.

The EU version:

201909811_10225274910002570_2646943269280296796_n.jpg

Got mine in yesterday. It’s a great set. Trooper and IG both have a helluva hard time sitting on the bike properly so I just have the scout standing next to the bike leaning on it, and put the messenger bag with Grogu around IG11.

mine is on its way, well should be here today i think, hopefully i have time to actually open it up and chase my dog around the house with it :)

Out of interest how much did TBA charge for shipping to France for this? I ended up canceling my order with TBA and switching to the single scout.

Out of interest how much did TBA charge for shipping to France for this? I ended up canceling my order with TBA and switching to the single scout.

Box being heavier than normal (2KG+), they had to resort to EMS and charged 240HKD.

They also argued that HK Post recently raised their fees in their communication.

The Single from Sideshow is still in the 'Preparing to ship' stage.

I forgot how long some had to wait for their Mandos to actually get shipped out.

Last edited:
Couldn’t get the scout to sit on the bike and look good so I went with Enzo’s pose. Really awesome set and the figure is amazing. Really has that guy in a suit look.
Supposedly my last payment cleared but no ship e-mail yet. Think I will steal the pose tho and use the Trooper as a background character, since I am stealing the bike for IG. Probably.:unsure:

The UK has had something similar since January 1st of this year.

VAT (and Duty if applicable) is taxed on the value of Goods and Shipping, unless the item is a Gift valued at £39 or less.

With Goods valued under £135 the seller is supposed to collect tax, and be registered for VAT with the UK so they can repay it.

With Goods worth more than £135 the VAT is payable by the customer to the delivery company either before the goods are delivered or when you collect them.

Customs Duty is charged on all goods sent from outside the UK if they're worth more than £135, and is applicable to the price paid for the goods and postage, packaging and insurance.

The EU version:

View attachment 529170
Thanks for that Asta.I hadn't been able to find anything on gifts. But this could be there way forward I think. 👍🏻

For those lucky enough to have this set, does the bike + base feel worth the extra $235 over the cost of the scout trooper alone?

Back