Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is all the latest news just for the Scout with the Speeder?

I'm waiting on the solitary Scout, which Sideshow has down for this month.

Scout - sans bike - Trooper arrived today from SSC. Quick shot outta the box.

7D96E139-5B7D-4508-AB64-019973F7F942.jpeg

Solid figure. I didn’t expect the upper glove piece to be a softer rubber where I thought it’d be a harder material. Fits nicely up to the hands for hiding the wrist joints for poses.
Only gripe is the velcro on the belt is weak... wants to keep coming loose. Mainly due to the plastic part (front) of the belt putting tension on it by wanting to straighten out, if that makes sense. Shouldn’t be too hard to sort out. Weathering is a bit heavy but matches the show.
I don’t have the SSC version but still want a HT ROTJ Scout.

Solid figure. I didn’t expect the upper glove piece to be a softer rubber where I thought it’d be a harder material. Fits nicely up to the hands for hiding the wrist joints for poses.
Only gripe is the velcro on the belt is weak... wants to keep coming loose. Mainly due to the plastic part (front) of the belt putting tension on it by wanting to straighten out, if that makes sense. Shouldn’t be too hard to sort out. Weathering is a bit heavy but matches the show.
Nice mini-review. :clap Great figure but agree that the weathering is too heavy for anyone wanting this as a ROTJ representation. Doesn't look quite right if that's how you're imagining it. Still, have this set up with my sandtrooper and snowtrooper and it looks solid.

Nice mini-review. :clap Great figure but agree that the weathering is too heavy for anyone wanting this as a ROTJ representation. Doesn't look quite right if that's how you're imagining it. Still, have this set up with my sandtrooper and snowtrooper and it looks solid.
I want to display this one with the Sandtrooper as well. I think they'll look great together.

For the velcro belt... do you think carefully applying some heat (hair dryer) to the front part to get it to keep a curved shape would help the velcro stay connected? Or maybe a couple of quick temp stitches with a needle and thread might be effective? Sounds like the anemic velcro spats on the Boba 40th.

I wasn't going to get this guy initially, was going to wait for the ROTJ (whenever that is) as I really wasn't sure about the design tweaks in the Mandalorian version. The longer chest armour, the big abdomen gap chest and belt, the diaperish groin, the long straight upper arm armour etc etc.
The proto pics had that big space between chest armour and belt so I decided to skip it.
Then the reviews showed the final figure doesnt have that gap, the groin piece looks less diaperish too.
The proto was more accurate to the show I think, but the finished article looks much better so I put an order in.
If Hot Toys does a ROTJ that'll be an instant day 1 PO but in the meantime this guy will do nicely.

For the velcro belt... do you think carefully applying some heat (hair dryer) to the front part to get it to keep a curved shape would help the velcro stay connected? Or maybe a couple of quick temp stitches with a needle and thread might be effective? Sounds like the anemic velcro spats on the Boba 40th.
That’s what I was planning (heat gun). Maybe this weekend I’ll attempt a fix.

That does sound like a great line up!

Back