Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that he is not the ROTJ Scout, but the design just looks so off to me. He seems ok on the bike, but when standing something just bothers me about him.

I am curious to hear what those with the SS ROTJ Scout think of them? I’m guessing the bodies are crap, but how Accurate is the design?

I know that he is not the ROTJ Scout, but the design just looks so off to me. He seems ok on the bike, but when standing something just bothers me about him.

I am curious to hear what those with the SS ROTJ Scout think of them? I’m guessing the bodies are crap, but how Accurate is the design?
The ROTJ version has the large box like pockets on the front, over the abdomen whereas the Mandalorian version has smaller ones that sort ride the hips so you end up with a wide hip look. Could be that?
I used to have the SS ROTJ Scout. The body wasn't great, difficult to get into dynamic poses.
Accuracy wise, the helmet, if I recall, was too long and thin and the details on the "mouth" parts were a little off. I think there might have been other inaccuracies too.
Not a bad figure though and the only option if you only want a ROTJ version.

The Scout from The Mandalorian has a lot of little differences to the version seen in 1983. Most notably the longer chest armour and upside down knee guards.

Somebody here (TonTon or Talibane?) highlighted various differences:

Scout ROTJ vs Mando.jpg

Scout ROTJ vs Mando back.jpg

For comparison between the figures themselves this came from a video review:

Scout HT vs SS.jpg

I had the SSC bike and 3 Scouts but sold them all in anticipation of an eventual Hot Toys version.

The bodies were alright on mine as far as articulation goes. They posed up well, but they may have loosened up eventually. I didn’t have them for that long. They were a bit gangly though.

But as ScoutingForToys pointed out, the helmet was off. It doesn’t look bad at first glance, but it’s almost comically off when compared to the source material.

Ultimately not bad, but not person in a suit level of presence.

The Mando Scout from HT looks much better than the RotJ Scout from SS in that comparison. The tiny crotch piece on the SS version makes it look more like a bikini than a codpiece. Also prefer the larger pouches and elongated chest plate on the Mando version.

Received my Scout Trooper + bike set from SS yesterday. It's a really great set. A small thing but I especially like the cuff of the boots. It's a very light material that looks quite natural. You don't have to fight with it like the boots on some of the other HT Star Wars figures, like Han. It moves very well and looks great without futzing it. Some of the more delicate parts on the bike did make me a bit nervous during the setup. I also don't think the magnets for the boots/pedals are strong enough. They don't seem to help much with posing.

I didn't realize it til recently, but the new deep collar on the chest armor makes it look like they're sporting a wife beater - it makes me see these troopers as if they were the empire's corys and trevors - totally inept and comical... Which is what they were.

I didn't realize it til recently, but the new deep collar on the chest armor makes it look like they're sporting a wife beater - it makes me see these troopers as if they were the empire's corys and trevors - totally inept and comical... Which is what they were.
You’re calling shooting a baby toting elderly retiree in the back - along with their beloved pet - inept?

What are the standards? Next someone will say it doesn’t take skill to shoot a bunch of Jawas and frame Sand People for it.

Just like they were in the OT too.

I guess the can shooting scene that drags out would be my first example? I could probably find more instances, but it's just my opinion and some other people, it doesn't have to be yours.

I guess the can shooting scene that drags out would be my first example? I could probably find more instances, but it's just my opinion and some other people, it doesn't have to be yours.
I was just kidding. I agree that the target practice scene with the generator looking device was a bit overlong and on the nose.

I laughed, but it made them look more inept then they should be for the sake of a joke.

The Scout from The Mandalorian has a lot of little differences to the version seen in 1983. Most notably the longer chest armour and upside down knee guards.

Somebody here (TonTon or Talibane?) highlighted various differences:

View attachment 528721

View attachment 528722

For comparison between the figures themselves this came from a video review:

View attachment 528723
Yeah, I posted those biker scout comps a month or two ago.

I am just finishing a complete rebuild of the Sideshow speeder bike (ironically, facilitated by TonTon...:hi5:) and so I have taken a "Speeder Bike 101" course and have very closely studied both the ROTJ and Mando bikes.

The Hot Toys white speeder bike has LOTS of differences from the ROTJ speeder bike. So much so that there is no way Hot Toys could do an accurate ROTJ "version" using their Mando 3D sculpt. The two bikes look very similar overall at a glance but have dozens of minor detail differences that are pretty significant.

Just received my invoice from TBA. $70 for shipping. He's not getting anymore of my business.
I had to pay about $35-40 I think. Hong Kong is restricting heavy shipping so he's had to charge, which sucks obviously. That was the whole reason I went with them. I stopped POing there though mainly when he stopped the 20% down option. I'm not paying 50% for something I'm not getting in 18 months.

Back