Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pants are definitely tight and will get in the way when trying extreme bending at the knees. Also, thighs being made of hard plastic, achieving a better seating pose is nearly impossible.

I have to assume there's some sort of suit under the body. I wonder if just removing that will get him to sit better.

Not sure if there is some sort of fat suit underneath. Doesn't feel like it when handling the figure.

They don't always add a full undersuit, so there may not be one that’s as restrictive as on the Mando figures.

I don’t find the articulation for troopers to be too hindered versus some of their other figures, with some notable exceptions.

Some troopers could actually use a bit of padding for bulk in some places.

Last edited:
Has anyone here tried disassembling the torso on a TT or any other 1/6 bodies and dremel-ing the bottom of the "rib cage" and the top of the "waist" down? Or is it not that simple to adjust the tolerances?

Thanks for the pics guys, gives me an idea of what to expect out of the box. It seems that the scout would have greatly benefited from better ab crunch. I wonder if a body swap would help, or if the costume is too restrictive no matter what?

I know long ago I swapped a HT body into one of the old exclusive Sideshow Scouts so he could properly aim down sight with his sniper rifle.
I think the helmet could use a little more range of motion. Even with more of a crunch you start to run into the issue where he's looking down more than you might want. The SS helmet/neck went really far back IIRC.

Sideshow sent out the single Scout.

First I knew of it was an email from DHL saying that tax was due to be paid.

The item cost $0 + delivery, yet they're charging tax on the full retail price, plus their £11 admin cost. :slap

I expected as much. All these couriers are alike. FedEx used to try it on all the time, ignoring any reward point discounts, so I'd have to fight them for an eventual refund. I'm sure they just pocket the difference after paying HMRC what's actually owed - which is based on the cash amount paid for an item plus its delivery cost.

After filling out a DHL online email contact form, that only allows you to post so much, I stumbled on an actual email address for invoice enquiries where I could paste the evidence from Sideshow's invoice (which DHL obviously already have anyway).

:mad:

Sideshow made a unique "segmented" type body for their Scout to help with articulation - obviously HT didn't get that memo.

Even with the customized Leia/bike I made where there's no armor or jumpsuit it was really hard (ie a lot of dremeling) to get the figure into that tight crunch position. The head needs to be almost looking straight up and the thighs up tighter to the chest than any normal body can achieve.

Sideshow made a unique "segmented" type body for their Scout to help with articulation - obviously HT didn't get that memo.

Even with the customized Leia/bike I made where there's no armor or jumpsuit it was really hard (ie a lot of dremeling) to get the figure into that tight crunch position. The head needs to be almost looking straight up and the thighs up tighter to the chest than any normal body can achieve.

Good to know. There probably aren't any stock bodies in existence that would allow for a completely natural pose on the bike and when I think about the pose required I guess I'm not terribly surprised.

Yeah this pic shows the segmented body the Sideshow Scout body had to achieve the tighter crunch, and I seem to recall it had a chunk out of the rear neck area to help the head look sharply upward.

I don't love these Sideshow bodies (have other issues with them) and didn't really like the look of the Sideshow Scout overall (on-sold mine immediately) but it was good Sideshow made a unique body - sounds like it's what HT should really have done for their Scout.

Nude-Body__41913.1539818142.jpg

Finally got mine in, and like everyone has said...it's so difficult to get him to sit on the speeder correctly. But it is so bad ass still

Attachments

• IMG_2539.jpg
    IMG_2539.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 69
I kind of see what you guys are talking about now. In the show when they're really hauling ass, they're really hunched down with their head tucked way below their shoulders. Seems impossible to achieve in sixth scale without a specialized neck that basically dislodges the head, though. And I still think it looks pretty great in D.R.37 and Tee-Kay's photos!

1625080881263.png
1625080902984.png

I kind of see what you guys are talking about now. In the show when they're really hauling ass, they're really hunched down with their head tucked way below their shoulders. Seems impossible to achieve in sixth scale without a specialized neck that basically dislodges the head, though. And I still think it looks pretty great in D.R.37 and Tee-Kay's photos!

View attachment 529792View attachment 529793
What I did with my Leia custom was dremeled the hip area just above where the legs join and dremeled the neck area behind the head so the neck can swing further. That way you can get a tighter crunch and the head can look straight forward while leaning low.

If someone is really adventurous, they could strip the HT Scout and do that - bit of a pain though. When I get mine I will likely do it.

The single Scout and IG just arrived. 😃

Hey, just an important heads up to all those who order from SSC and like to order figures with a double box...

**Double Boxing** Policy has changed!
https://sideshow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260804035930-Double-Boxing (dated April 13, 2021 17:46)

Apparently they changed their system for double boxing. You can no longer request DB in advance on pre-orders. You have to wait until you recieve the email that the order is being charged and then you can request double boxing at that time. The only way you can select it online in the shopping cart is if the item is in stock and the order has not been charged.

From now on, if you preorder something, as soon you get a charging notice you have to call or chat them to change it to double boxed. You will also be able to "Edit Boxing Preferences" on the order page in your account.

All this is because they state they cannot know the weight of the item when the preorder launches?

Since this change happened April 13th 2021, future preorders will need to be manually requested or adjusted by you on the order page for Double Boxing. Even if you have already requested it for these future preorder releases, you'll have to go back and do it again. Those old DB requests are now void according to customer service. 😬

If you're one who doesn't care about the double box thing, then life is simple and you get to make fun of all of us who do. Lol

Okay that ends this public service announcement. Time to play!

Last edited:
Back