1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash (CW) - The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is it with Hot Toys and zero traps. They just don't pay enough attention to body shape in the end product when the heads and outfits are in place.
Yup I agree. Yet some ppl eat it up like there's nothing wrong.
It wasn’t just too short, he looked scrawny as well.
I felt the same. Once I put him on a Deadpool body, he looked pretty good. However, he still couldn't hold poses well due to the suit being even more tight and restrictive with the larger body underneath. So, I sold it not long after.

Yup I agree. Yet some ppl eat it up like there's nothing wrong.

I felt the same. Once I put him on a Deadpool body, he looked pretty good. However, he still couldn't hold poses well due to the suit being even more tight and restrictive with the larger body underneath. So, I sold it not long after.

Right? If only there was a stock body that had joints made of...oh...I dunno...ratchets?? And outfit made with thinner material?

I’m a supporter of modding the figures you own. But when modding goes wrong and it actually is MORE of a detriment to the figure...it’s just...ugh, fail all around.

I'm starting to hate the super overboard gloss that Hot Toys put on the eyes, makes them look so unnatural.

I don't know what he was thinking when he said the so so toys version looked better. That thing is trash.

I really like this release. Not as solid as the solicitation images, but not a train wreck like all the hyperbole in this thread is saying.

I don't know what he was thinking when he said the so so toys version looked better. That thing is trash.

I really like this release. Not as solid as the solicitation images, but not a train wreck like all the hyperbole in this thread is saying.
Didn't he only say the masked likeness is better? It is, although the paint etc. is obviously better on the HT version.

Yeah I've always hated how overly glossy and grayish they make their eyes, which only contributes to that lifeless look they often have.
You can barely even see any detail on the eyes because they're so damn shiny, they look like they're about to start crying.

Didn't he only say the masked likeness is better? It is, although the paint etc. is obviously better on the HT version.
He said the likeness is better (it's not), and kept saying that if he had to make a choice between the two when he compared them directly, the choice wouldn't be easy, or something to that effect. Even with the incorrect colors on the Hot Toys version, the quality between the two figures is night and day. Toys Wonderland or Comic Sanctorum must have some SoSo Flashes it needs to unload if he's pushing that ugly thing as much.

He said the likeness is better (it's not), and kept saying that if he had to make a choice between the two when he compared them directly, the choice wouldn't be easy, or something to that effect. Even with the incorrect colors on the Hot Toys version, the quality between the two figures is night and day. Toys Wonderland or Comic Sanctorum must have some SoSo Flashes it needs to unload if he's pushing that ugly thing as much.
The underlying likeness is definitely better imo, but only because the Hot Toys one isn’t great either. Everything else about the SooSoo figure looks **** though.

Agreed. I do see a hint more of a likeness in the Soosoo sculpt, but only in a cartoonish way, and only because the likeness is completely nonexistent in the masked HT sculpt.

I definitely can't imagine wanting to display it on the HT figure though.

Neither are worth the money their respective companies are asking for them.
We can only hope a competent 3rd party decides to take a stab at Gustin's Flash in the future.

Neither are worth the money their respective companies are asking for them.
We can only hope a competent 3rd party decides to take a stab at Gustin's Flash in the future.
Soosootoys has improved A LOT since their flash figure. If they take another stab at it and it features the same amount of care and attention like their green vigilante and detective vigilante, it’ll BLOW HT flash figure out of the water.

I REALLY hope SST has something planned for flash.

Soosootoys has improved A LOT since their flash figure. If they take another stab at it and it features the same amount of care and attention like their green vigilante and detective vigilante, it’ll BLOW HT flash figure out of the water.

I REALLY hope SST has something planned for flash.
Yes I'm pretty sure that Flash figure was one of their earliest figures. Their recent outputs quality have been pretty damn close to Hot Toys. They would probably do a better job if they tackled one the shows later seasons.

236557389_1892093180970741_1953330495723996519_n.jpg

Yes I'm pretty sure that Flash figure was one of their earliest figures. Their recent outputs quality have been pretty damn close to Hot Toys. They would probably do a better job if they tackled one the shows later seasons.

236557389_1892093180970741_1953330495723996519_n.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I truly feel Soosootoys, as well as many other companies have already reached, and at times, surpassed HT.

Butcher is a great example of being equal to HT in regards to portraits. Just like how endgames Steve Rogers sculpt captures roughly 85% of Chris Evans, or ronins sculpt captures 85% of Jeremy renner, SST butcher captures 85% of Karl Urban.

2 figures from HT catalogue that truly capture the actors likeness are count dooku and Dr Strange. And that blows my mind. Just how many figures have they produced? And how many exceed expectations? Not a whole lot. And Which of SST figures reach that level? Arrow and Robin (as well as the almost to be released Nightwing).

I am always excited to see what SST comes up with next. They have become my fav company right now. I Legit can’t stop looking over at arrow and robin.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I truly feel Soosootoys, as well as many other companies have already reached, and at times, surpassed HT.

Butcher is a great example of being equal to HT in regards to portraits. Just like how endgames Steve Rogers sculpt captures roughly 85% of Chris Evans, or ronins sculpt captures 85% of Jeremy renner, SST butcher captures 85% of Keith Urban.

2 figures from HT catalogue that truly capture the actors likeness are count dooku and Dr Strange. And that blows my mind. Just how many figures have they produced? And how many exceed expectations? Not a whole lot. And Which of SST figures reach that level? Arrow and Robin (as well as the almost to be released Nightwing).

I am always excited to see what SST comes up with next. They have become my fav company right now. I Legit can’t stop looking over at arrow and robin.
Which companies have “surpassed” Hot Toys again?
I wish there were more options available as much as the next person, but suggesting that any current mainstream 1/6 figure company has actually “surpassed” Hot Toys is actual nonsense.
Which company is it? Molecule8? :ROFLMAO:
Blitzway came as close as any company has ever come with the Ghostbusters. KA Kim’s prototypes were as good as anything Hot Toys has released. They are among my favorite figures in my collection.
Sadly, anyone who owns these four excellent figures will tell you that as great as they are, they still fell slightly short of Hot Toys in production, particularly due to the paint apps.
Posting the QMX Picard as evidence that a company has surpassed Hot Toys is a tad ridiculous.
A company may surpass Hot Toys someday, I really hope that they do, but it ain’t QMX! :lol

Last edited:
Which companies have “surpassed” Hot Toys again?
I wish there were more options available as much as the next person, but suggesting that any current mainstream 1/6 figure company has actually “surpassed” Hot Toys is actual nonsense.
Which company is it? Molecule8? :ROFLMAO:
Posting the QMX Picard as evidence that a company has surpassed Hot Toys is a tad ridiculous.
A company may surpass Hot Toys someday, I really hope that they do, but it ain’t QMX!

So...let me ask you a legit fair question; why is the idea of HT being surpassed such an inconceivable thing to you? Do you have some personal stake in this? Did Howard chan treat you to dinner at his home or something? Dude, it’s ok for HT to not be on the top anymore. It doesn’t retroactively make your collection garbage. It just means that other companies have produced something that is equal to, and at times better. It’s not supernatural. These things happen.

You’re going to tell me that this:
496C4A97-0FCF-4CDF-998A-CFCE534F0071.png

Is legitimately better than this?

B62B7DF5-4A6A-4CD0-8BA2-645D0496AF1B.jpeg

Or this looks more like the actor...
67CD0A10-6D47-4C12-8172-FD7A5568ED54.jpeg

Than this one?
046A4D32-C009-490E-B535-E5897618BB2F.jpeg

Posting that pic of Picard illustrates that a small company, without the budget of “king HT” mind you, can produce a portrait that rivals HT best sculpts and arguably surpassed some of them.

One more for good measure. You’re going to tell me that this sculpt and paintwork (since you seem a bit fixated on paint work where even the best of paintwork can’t work miracles on a subpar sculpt)

DF2D8FDB-474A-4705-8F64-AA0BB53B01C4.jpeg

Is truly, undoubtedly better than this??

2D11E853-2CE6-4994-9A08-E741722B2762.jpeg

What you’re doing is the equivalent of console warrior-ing. Where you can’t even accept or entertain the very idea that MAAAAYBE another company has produced something that MAAAAYBE better than what the company you’re stanning for has produced.

You bring up GB and the only compliment is “come close to” when in plain sight that it’s actually better than 80% of what HT made. 80% of HT catalogue. EIGHTY. That’s HUGE. The remaining 20% is dooku, 1/4 bale, Dr strange and a few more that I can’t think of at the moment. But they’re there. I acknowledge that HT has some amazing figures...but given their history and huge catalogue...20% is too little.

I’ve provided pics and I think I’ve given some well thought out commentary. Aside from “I fail to see” or “laughable”...please, show me some of HT bangers that’s not Dr strange, 1/4 bale, or count dooku.

Back