Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A white eyes custom would be cool to see. Messed around in Photoshop to see what it would look like.

Might attempt it once this figure releases with an extra sculpt if I can grab one.

cVcfjP7.png

A white eyes custom would be cool to see. Messed around in Photoshop to see what it would look like.

Might attempt it once this figure releases with an extra sculpt if I can grab one.

cVcfjP7.png
You know I actually love how in the film he uses the high tech contact lenses for when he is recording stuff etc. I was hoping they continue to use it for later so he can use it as detective mode, similar to the games and they go full white, That would be awesome.

This suit is so weird. I've seen so many different looks to it. The stunt guy was in light rain and the lighting was so stylized in this movie. The suit looked incredible in the movie and I loved loved the fighting. The other Batmen looked restricted, this one didn't.

Batman was a step behind the entire movie. In my mind's eye, I like to believe Batman knows he needs to upgrade to perfect his craft and not let the seawall or deaths happen again.

Would you say that this is the best Batman figure Hot toys has produced?

I guess this is a separate but related question; is this new figure the most quintessential Batman figure in your opinion? If not what is?

Btw this is an honest question I’m not trying to start **** here

I guess this is a separate but related question; is this new figure the most quintessential Batman figure in your opinion? If not what is?

Hard to say off the prototype. Old Medi/DX builds used to be the pinnacle of Bale/TDK but that was a very long time ago.

They've nailed the DX Balemans and same with this one. Can only judge it in totality when it releases. The last DX Bale, they failed to paint his inner eyelids black. New one has a duckface plate. Affleck BvS Batman had a weird thigh padding issue. All not huge issues to me. In all honestly, I think they nail all the Batmans. I'll straight up murder someone if they try to take my Armored or Knightmare Batman lol.

They've nailed the DX Balemans and same with this one. Can only judge it in totality when it releases. The last DX Bale, they failed to paint his inner eyelids black. New one has a duckface plate. Affleck BvS Batman had a weird thigh padding issue. All not huge issues to me. In all honestly, I think they nail all the Batmans. I'll straight up murder someone if they try to take my Armored or Knightmare Batman lol.
They really forgot to paint his eyelids? I have the first version. Great figure.

Thanks matticus!

I think the new Batman figure is really interesting and I am considering getting it, but over the last few days I have also been looking over previous versions for my one Batman for my home collection (remember I have Arkham Knight Batman in my office and I love it).

I am starting to lean towards the BvS version because It is consistent with what I think of when I think of as a single great representation of Batman. If you only could had one Batman would would you be ok with that one? Also what is the thigh issue?

And yeah if I decided to have multiple versions of Batman in my house I would HAVE to have the Armored and Nightmare versions, they look amazing.

Finally, if anyone else wants to weigh in on this feel free, I specifically asked matticus
because of his knowledge and passion for this hobby, but thankfully there are a ton of helpful knowledgeable people on this forum

They really forgot to paint his eyelids? I have the first version. Great figure.
The lining of it that closes shut. They fixed it for the new one.
Thanks matticus!

I think the new Batman figure is really interesting and I am considering getting it, but over the last few days I have also been looking over previous versions for my one Batman for my home collection (remember I have Arkham Knight Batman in my office and I love it).

I am starting to lean towards the BvS version because It is consistent with what I think of when I think of as a single great representation of Batman. If you only could had one Batman would would you be ok with that one?

And yeah if I decided to have multiple versions of Batman in my house I would HAVE to have the Armored and Nightmare versions, they look amazing.
Everyone is different. I forgot about Arkham Knight Batman. He is incredible and I own him as well. Armored BvS if I had to choose one.

I own Arkham Knight, Bale DX12, BvS Armored, BvS Regular, BvS Knightmare. Bale is probably my least, but every time I look at it, it is really impressive. I'll be getting this new Batman for sure. Just like ice cream, you can enjoy all kinds of flavors even if you like one more than the others.

No West or Keaton for me. While I love the older, gritty and bitter Batfleck, I did pass on his JL suits. Don't like the cowl or the thicc armored one. I'll pass on Kilmer. Don't think I'll upgrade to new Baleman. There will be a new Keaton and Affleck in The Flash.

No real complaints with the sets, but it would’ve been nice if they’d included a separate empty cowl. That’s like 2¢ of plastic.

That way it’d be easier to put the headsculpt on a body with a suit holding the cowl for an about to start/just finished a night on the town look.

As it is the headsculpt doesn’t work on it’s own unless you’re going for the super sleep deprived look. Though maybe they’ll recycle the sculpt for a Bruce Wayne figure.

Yeah that'd be great!! I think all Batman figures that have unmasked head sculpts should have an empty cowl included. If I'm not mistaken, the only Batman figures to deliberately include it were the TDK Armory sets and the QS001 SS Exclusive (and the empty cowl was the exclusive item, arrgghh).

Having three versions of the figure available has probably helped. If one retailer is hypothetically allowed only 50 of a figure from Sideshow, they’d have 150 of this Batman spread across the three versions available. Instead of everyone ordering the same figure this has spread the field. No surprise the cheapest one sold out first at BBTS.

Oh dang they're all sold out at BBTS, and that's even with a customer limit :horror

After going back and forth a bit, I bit the bullet and ordered the deluxe with the Bat-Signal. I definitely want all the bells and whistles with this guy, and only debated getting the signal because I have the Nolan version. 2023 is going to be a really expensive year if they make a new Keaton and Affleck from the Flash, and more characters from The Batman. I'm kinda hoping the popularity of this movie took Hot Toys by surprise, and if they do make Riddler and Catwoman, they release them a bit later down the line. Otherwise, my wallet might never recover...

You know I actually love how in the film he uses the high tech contact lenses for when he is recording stuff etc. I was hoping they continue to use it for later so he can use it as detective mode, similar to the games and they go full white, That would be awesome.
It could be cool, but I really liked how Pattison used eye movement to convey much with saying so little, if nothing at all. You'd lose a lot of that with his eyes being white while investigating a crime scene. Any other Batman, I wouldn't mind, but this one I actually like his eyes not being white.

It could be cool, but I really liked how Pattison used eye movement to convey much with saying so little, if nothing at all. You'd lose a lot of that with his eyes being white while investigating a crime scene. Any other Batman, I wouldn't mind, but this one I actually like his eyes not being white.
I don't mean they will be white the entire film. Just when he uses them they go white or at least the pupils are like white grey, and are somewhat still visible. This is the example I mean, in Arkham Knight when Batman talks to someone on his holo screen his eye reflects what he's watching and also when he's using the tech of his cowl. The eyes go white but his pupils are still there but very subtle.

njwu6tcz5e531.jpg

Last edited:

"Quintessential" is an interesting word because we've had 10+ live action batsuits and, in my opinion, all these years later we still don't have a "definitive" live action batsuit that feels like it just stepped off the page. You've either got the hard molded rubber of the Burton/Shumacher era, or these more modern armored up suits. The general sense I get is that people prefer when Batman's suit is high tech armor, but I've personally always been more of a fan of the cloth suits, the way he's still drawn in the comics to this day, so my biased opinion is that the more overly complicated the suit, the less "quintessential" it is.

The Affleck BvS suit probably comes the closest to looking like the typical comic suit, being predominantly cloth, but I've never liked how fat the neck on the hard molded cowl is and I dislike how ill defined his bat symbol is. There's also the Arkham City Batman, which is an almost perfect version of the comic suit, but in my opinion, that design's heightened comic book anatomy prevents it from even being in the same category as the live action figures.

The other side of the coin is that regardless of how good or bad the suit looks, I can't fully separate it from how the character is portrayed on-screen. I like the Batfleck suit more than the Dark Knight suit, but I vastly prefer the Dark Knight character to the Batfleck character. If I had only those two to pick from, I'd go with the Dark Knight even if I prefer the look of Batfleck.

With that in mind, this Battinbat figure is definitely my favorite up to date, in that it has the best balance of suit design to character portrayal, at least as it pertains to my personal tastes.

I like that the suit is still predominantly cloth and thick leather, with the armor plating reserved for strategically important areas. I like the way Pattinson carries himself in the role, as even though he's far from the most physically imposing actor to ever play the character, his body language absolutely sells his ability to intimidate. I also think he has the best jawline of any of the various Bat actors, so that even though his cowl isn't my favorite, I think he wears it the best out of any of them.

And lastly there's just the fact that the Hot Toys figure is gorgeous. Irrespective of suit design or character interpretation, I do think this is the best figure of the character to date.

I like the way Pattinson carries himself in the role, as even though he's far from the most physically imposing actor to ever play the character, his body language absolutely sells his ability to intimidate. I also think he has the best jawline of any of the various Bat actors, so that even though his cowl isn't my favorite, I think he wears it the best out of any of them.

I honestly like this leaner approach to Batman he portrayed. It's nice to see a bit of a change from the thiccboy look that's predominated for a while now. I know the meatheads who live for these actors and their physical transforms were devistated, but a roided up battinson wouldn't have fit what this version was trying to convey.

One of the things I noticed was that while he was suited up, they did a really good job to make him look BIG. Not as in buff, but he really appeared to tower over most everyone, and was still the biggest person in the room usually. Where he obviously wasn't as bulked as say, Battfleck, he had a different sense of size that was imposing, and that was a really cool take.

Its interesting to me that the “comic accurate” crowd doesn’t seem to be picking this suit apart the way they did TDK suits.

I enjoyed The Batman and liked this version of the character and suit. Even so, IMO it’s one of the least “comic accurate“ suits we’ve seen and has a lot of off the shelf military/police equipment like the belt, holster, gloves, boots, etc. that really don’t scream Batman to me. It’s a super low tech cobbled together suit and I like it because, like TDK suit, it’s believable but this one skews even more realistic and less sci-fi.

TDK suit is still my favorite. I prefer the character as shown in TDK and my personal preferences skew towards the high tech look. It’s armored but very sleek and looks like something designed by a defense contractor, believable near future tech. The suit has been drawn that way in comics, New 52 Justice League for example. It’s somehow the only modern suit to fully embrace a gold belt.

All that said, I’m excited that there’s a new Batman that didn't have character breaking traits from film one. For me the suit design is superficial, I care more about whether the character is worthy of being called a hero and is in a good movie. The Batman checks those boxes and I’m excited to have the DX19 and this in my collection eventually.

I think for me at first I felt the suit wasn't the best, especially the grapple darts on his wrist. But with time the more I saw it in images, and eventually in the trailers. I've come to accept it, but once I saw the film I now love the design, and think it's one of the better batsuits we've gotten live action.

I'm also someone who wants comic accurate suits but for me it's enough that this suit, and Affleck's where black, and grey. That to me means more then it being all black (not that I had an issue with those suits before) I also felt the design of the cowl being leather is way better as it's easy for him to remove or have it behind his head unmasked.

I also like what they did with the batsymbol on his chest being a utility knife of sorts. (Also real quick going off on my opinion of the suit, did anyone noticed he didn't throw a single batarang in the film Lol) anyways the suit is great I am very excited to get the figure when he drops I think out of all the Batman figures I'll have by the time it's out that one will be the winner for me.

Last edited:
Back