Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly like this leaner approach to Batman he portrayed. It's nice to see a bit of a change from the thiccboy look that's predominated for a while now. I know the meatheads who live for these actors and their physical transforms were devistated, but a roided up battinson wouldn't have fit what this version was trying to convey.

One of the things I noticed was that while he was suited up, they did a really good job to make him look BIG. Not as in buff, but he really appeared to tower over most everyone, and was still the biggest person in the room usually. Where he obviously wasn't as bulked as say, Battfleck, he had a different sense of size that was imposing, and that was a really cool take.

Yeah, I love how much he towers over everybody in the film. It helps his supporting cast is all much shorter than he is, Zoe Kravitz has to lean her head back as far as it goes just to make eye contact with him. Affleck is taller but spends the bulk of his screentime standing next to guys like Cavill and Mamoa or fighting big CGI monsters, so his Batman doesn't *feel* as tall as he actually is.

Its interesting to me that the “comic accurate” crowd doesn’t seem to be picking this suit apart the way they did TDK suits.

I enjoyed The Batman and liked this version of the character and suit. Even so, IMO it’s one of the least “comic accurate“ suits we’ve seen and has a lot of off the shelf military/police equipment like the belt, holster, gloves, boots, etc. that really don’t scream Batman to me. It’s a super low tech cobbled together suit and I like it because, like TDK suit, it’s believable but this one skews even more realistic and less sci-fi.

TDK suit is still my favorite. I prefer the character as shown in TDK and my personal preferences skew towards the high tech look. It’s armored but very sleek and looks like something designed by a defense contractor, believable near future tech. The suit has been drawn that way in comics, New 52 Justice League for example. It’s somehow the only modern suit to fully embrace a gold belt.

All that said, I’m excited that there’s a new Batman that didn't have character breaking traits from film one. For me the suit design is superficial, I care more about whether the character is worthy of being called a hero and is in a good movie. The Batman checks those boxes and I’m excited to have the DX19 and this in my collection eventually.
I've never really been a fan of the TDK suit. It's probably one of the ugliest live action Batman suits for me. The entire body just being this one suit fabric with segmented padding running through the entire thing just never looked good.

I've always loved the Begins suit the most out of what Nolan did. It was simple, had a strong silhouette and design that ran from head to toe. Same for Keatons suit, which was a really simple and a strong design that had a imposing presence and look to it.

I like Pattingsons suit since it gives me a streamlined TDK suit vibe. Less busy lines/details and more simple shapes that flow into one another better. It also fits the story and character with him being a very early Batman. It looks like something he could have stitched and put together.

bCOv8qz.png
JZvWY1K.png

As a figure I like the TDK suit the most. The 1/4th TDK suit is my favorite batman figure at the moment, even with the flaws they never fixed for the reissue.

I don't mean they will be white the entire film. Just when he uses them they go white or at least the pupils are like white grey, and are somewhat still visible. This is the example I mean, in Arkham Knight when Batman talks to someone on his holo screen his eye reflects what he's watching and also when he's using the tech of his cowl. The eyes go white but his pupils are still there but very subtle.
Oh I know what you mean, I've played/own the games :wink1: I still don't think I would like it though. Even if it's done like the games where you can still kind of see his pupils, I still think it wouldn't convey the same way as without and may detract from the scene rather than enhance it. I understand the comic/cool factor of it, but, like I said, I just think Pattison did so much with his eyes that even for those little moments that they may change to white for the instances you've mentioned, I wouldn't want them to be white. Maybe my mind could change later, but with the movie still very fresh, I'm not quite ready for tweaks as I thoroughly enjoyed it as it.

Its interesting to me that the “comic accurate” crowd doesn’t seem to be picking this suit apart the way they did TDK suits.

I enjoyed The Batman and liked this version of the character and suit. Even so, IMO it’s one of the least “comic accurate“ suits we’ve seen and has a lot of off the shelf military/police equipment like the belt, holster, gloves, boots, etc. that really don’t scream Batman to me. It’s a super low tech cobbled together suit and I like it because, like TDK suit, it’s believable but this one skews even more realistic and less sci-fi.

TDK suit is still my favorite. I prefer the character as shown in TDK and my personal preferences skew towards the high tech look. It’s armored but very sleek and looks like something designed by a defense contractor, believable near future tech. The suit has been drawn that way in comics, New 52 Justice League for example. It’s somehow the only modern suit to fully embrace a gold belt.
Pattison's suit is based off of Lee Bermejo's version and it's a pretty close interpretation of that suit with obvious tweaks here and there (cowl, chest symbol, and collar addition mostly). So, in that, it's actually pretty comic accurate. It's just not accurate to the traditional Batman look.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote, but I think comparing the TDK suit to the New52 suit is a bit of stretch. I honestly don't see any connection between the TDK suit and the New52 suit aside from the gold belt and no outside trunks. Batfleck's suit is closer to the New52 suit but is more of combination of New52 and The Dark knight Returns. They both share the grey and black color scheme, gold belt and short ear cowl, but with panel lines and no outside trunks like New52 Batman and then the large Bat-symbol and beefy body of The Dark Knight Returns. Can't say I've really ever scene the TDK suit in the comics other than for cover art purposes.

Oh I know what you mean, I've played/own the games :wink1: I still don't think I would like it though. Even if it's done like the games where you can still kind of see his pupils, I still think it wouldn't convey the same way as without and may detract from the scene rather than enhance it. I understand the comic/cool factor of it, but, like I said, I just think Pattison did so much with his eyes that even for those little moments that they may change to white for the instances you've mentioned, I wouldn't want them to be white. Maybe my mind could change later, but with the movie still very fresh, I'm not quite ready for tweaks as I thoroughly enjoyed it as it.
Ah I get what you mean. Yeah he was awesome when giving glances, and doing his detective work. Pattinson did a fantastic job as Batman just his movements from when he was at the crime scene at the mayors home made me love how he acted. Though as far as the white eyes idea I don't think it would be a bad thing, but it would have to be way later in his career as Batman when his batsuit is more refined, and tech more advanced. And one of the cooler things about the film is he uses his gadgets in situations when it made sense. So I hope the films continue the Noir style detective crime thriller aspect, hopefully they also keep the future stories contained, and not do something so grand as the final moments of the film (even though I didn't have a problem with it myself). They can save it for the final film with Joker being the last Villain of the trilogy.

Ah I get what you mean. Yeah he was awesome when giving glances, and doing his detective work. Pattinson did a fantastic job as Batman just his movements from when he was at the crime scene at the mayors home made me love how he acted. Though as far as the white eyes idea I don't think it would be a bad thing, but it would have to be way later in his career as Batman when his batsuit is more refined, and tech more advanced. And one of the cooler things about the film is he uses his gadgets in situations when it made sense. So I hope the films continue the Noir style detective crime thriller aspect, hopefully they also keep the future stories contained, and not do something so grand as the final moments of the film (even though I didn't have a problem with it myself). They can save it for the final film with Joker being the last Villain of the trilogy.
Agreed :duff: I also hope they keep the focus on Batman rather than divide it equally between Batman/ Bruce Wayne, or worse, focus more on Bruce than Batman. We got so much on screen Batman in this movie, more so than any other film as far as I can tell.

Pattison's suit is based off of Lee Bermejo's version and it's a pretty close interpretation of that suit with obvious tweaks here and there (cowl, chest symbol, and collar addition mostly). So, in that, it's actually pretty comic accurate. It's just not accurate to the traditional Batman look.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote, but I think comparing the TDK suit to the New52 suit is a bit of stretch. I honestly don't see any connection between the TDK suit and the New52 suit aside from the gold belt and no outside trunks. Batfleck's suit is closer to the New52 suit but is more of combination of New52 and The Dark knight Returns. They both share the grey and black color scheme, gold belt and short ear cowl, but with panel lines and no outside trunks like New52 Batman and then the large Bat-symbol and beefy body of The Dark Knight Returns. Can't say I've really ever scene the TDK suit in the comics other than for cover art purposes.
I said New 52 Justice League Batman, which was introduced after TDK but still shows Batman can have TDK look in comics and still be “cOmIc aCcUrAte!”

The suit’s not all black either it’s two different shades of dark grey with black cape, gloves, and boots. You can tell in the film and in photos but I’ve also seen it in person.

Attachments

• A7A96D4C-D152-4CFE-8082-8BB3505523B4.jpeg
    A7A96D4C-D152-4CFE-8082-8BB3505523B4.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 7A9D1C90-3752-4BA1-A5D4-D21B593CA22E.jpeg
    7A9D1C90-3752-4BA1-A5D4-D21B593CA22E.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 83
  • FD6BD316-8494-453F-A05E-7C378DBF3F72.jpeg
    FD6BD316-8494-453F-A05E-7C378DBF3F72.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 87
I’m not a Batman comic purist, and I admittedly didn’t think the suit was my favorite incarnation, but it’s grown on me FAST. I’d still prefer a less incomplete bat symbol on the chest. With the right artist flair, it really pops in certain scenes. Jim Lee’s take on it really made me a believer.
Ef4Do0cWkAEyy1i.0.jpeg

All that’s missing is the white eyes.

Affleck’s was easily the most comic-accurate in looks, design, and build, but they just didn’t give his version the best material. Pattinson’s Batman FELT more like Batman to me than almost any other Batman portrayal since… dang, the animated series? He’s one of only two live-action Batman portrayals that doesn’t KILL someone (the other being CLOONEY).

That ultimately matters to me most. It’s not a perfect film, or a perfect design, but it all comes together and felt very authentic.

BB/TDK look like ass now when compared to ninja RP.

Well TDK always looked like ass lol

But BB marshmallow man looks ridiculous now.

BvS still holds up because it was mostly skin tight on Affleck Tank.

Last edited:
BB/TDK look like ass now when compared to ninja RP.

Well TDK always looked like ass lol

But BB marshmallow man looks ridiculous now.

BvS still holds up because it was mostly skin tight on Affleck Tank.
Lmao no Batfleck is the marshmallow man. All puffed up with an off the shelf fake muscle suit with glued down duct tape coating and a bloated puffy bewildered face behind the cowl.

If the gloves are going to come off, The Batman suit looks cheap AF with his baggy cloth pants, skinny neck, blocky chest piece and army surplus store belt. I still like it, and the movie, and ordered the figure, but that doesn’t mean it’s some vision of what Batman OUGHT to look like. I just like it for what it is.

Bale’s still the only one who didn’t need padding or fake muscles in his suit. He’s still the only one thats made me think I could be a hero if I worked hard enough and he’s still the only one I’ve witnessed audiences audibly cheer for every time he showed up on screen.

Lmao no Batfleck is the marshmallow man. All puffed up with an off the shelf fake muscle suit with glued down duct tape coating and a bloated puffy bewildered face behind the cowl.

If the gloves are going to come off, The Batman suit looks cheap AF with his baggy cloth pants, skinny neck, blocky chest piece and army surplus store belt. I still like it, and the movie, and ordered the figure, but that doesn’t mean it’s some vision of what Batman OUGHT to look like. I just like it for what it is.

Bale’s still the only one who didn’t need padding or fake muscles in his suit. He’s still the only one thats made me think I could be a hero if I worked hard enough and he’s still the only one I’ve witnessed audiences audibly cheer for every time he showed up on screen.
Screenshot 2022-03-07 101107.jpg

I said New 52 Justice League Batman, which was introduced after TDK but still shows Batman can have TDK look in comics and still be “cOmIc aCcUrAte!”

The suit’s not all black either it’s two different shades of dark grey with black cape, gloves, and boots. You can tell in the film and in photos but I’ve also seen it in person.
I’ve seen the suit in person too and I still don’t think it looks anything like the New52 suit :dunno Saying “New52 Justice League” makes not difference just b/c one artist gave him a darker shade of grey vs another. Just b/c it came after TDK, doesn’t mean anything. The entire DC comics universe was revamped, not just Batman and they didn’t do it b/c of TDK. The designs itself doesn’t look anything like the TDK suit. However, you obviously think it does, so agree to disagree :peace

Last edited:
I’ve seen the suit in person too and I still don’t think it looks anything like the New52 suit :dunno Saying “New52 Justice League” makes not difference just b/c one artist gave him a darker shade of grey vs another. Just b/c it came after TDK, doesn’t mean anything. The entire DC comics universe was revamped, not just Batman and they didn’t do it b/c of TDK. The designs itself doesn’t look anything like the TDK suit. However, you obviously think it does, so agree to disagree :peace
New 52 Justice league Suit is dark grey segmented armor, just like TDK suit. If you can’t tell TDK suit is not black then yeah there’s not much to talk about.

All grey, all black, and actual. It’s crazy to me how TDK haters can never just share an opinion they have to be factually wrong too.

Attachments

• ADF57683-166B-4B5F-A144-02318C9A7809.jpeg
    ADF57683-166B-4B5F-A144-02318C9A7809.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 66DFA8EE-7A93-4A9D-AF24-9B3E7DF735DE.jpeg
    66DFA8EE-7A93-4A9D-AF24-9B3E7DF735DE.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 51
  • CC00ACA0-F2CF-4219-96C6-EF31FD5DC5BB.jpeg
    CC00ACA0-F2CF-4219-96C6-EF31FD5DC5BB.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 53
Back