Hot Toys- Terminator 2: Sarah Connor full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I think this figure is a great representation of the character and a fantastic looking figure in it's own right. With that said I can't say I'm as enthusiastic as everyone else. I really like the accessories, especially that rifle. I saw some of the detailing on it on ebay and I'm completely blown away. Probably the most impressive "gun" since the MMS DX Batman sticky bomb gun. The knife and sheath doesn't disappoint either. I'm not going to buy it right away though. I suspect this one will be the kind of Hot Toys figure that goes for significantly less on the secondary market (ala Harvey Dent/Two-Face, Bank Robber Joker, Silk Spectre etc.). You can already kind of see it on ebay now.

If I'm wrong, I really don't have THAT much of an interest in a Sarah Connor figure to begin with. I can definitely live with just focusing and owning T-800 and T-1000 variations. However if Hot Toys makes a John Connor I'll have to pick it up.

I think this one, despite the hair blows the exclusive away. And as much as I hate the exclusive SDCC Sarah Connor I'll no doubt be preordering (or trying anyway) one for that T-1000 head. I'll end up selling her on ebay though. Maybe it'll go for big bucks and I can buy multiple T2 Hot Toys figures.

I think the regular Sarah Connor headsculpt looks a lot better, but I would like to get both of them if possible.

So basically, you're ____ting on everybody who likes this figure and is getting it, because HT didn't make the figure the way you wanted them to... NICE! :rolleyes:

I said shame on Hot toys and basically said we shouldn't play ball and buy both figures when this is an obvious move by hot toys to make more money by dividing what should essentially be 1 figure into 2. By supporting that it encourages them to do it again and again and the only way we stop that practice is with our wallets, by not buying.

You love to get into confrantations with other members and if you want to try and twist my words around to start ____ then go right ahead, I'll ignore you as so many other do. In fact I'll start now. :rolleyes:

I said shame on Hot toys and basically said we shouldn't play ball and buy both figures when this is an obvious move by hot toys to make more money by dividing what should essentially be 1 figure into 2. By supporting that it encourages them to do it again and again and the only way we stop that practice is with our wallets, by not buying.

Really? I don't see how the general collecting community here not buying both figures is really going to affect Hot Toys' business model or their bottom line. I always relish the arguement people make by stating that they're going to hurt a given collectible company by not buying their product. HT will sell both these figures easily, with or without you. Rather than suggest that others should ban to your cause, maybe you should look at the design of marketing two varying figures of the same character as a positive.

For HT, this exclusive Sarah is a simple retool and probably costs them very little. Given that it will have a short run, they stand to make some reasonable money on it and give some people the opportunity to acquire another look for a popular T2 character. I don't see the real problem here being anything more than personal preference. Sorry you don't like the figure...

You love to get into confrantations with other members and if you want to try and twist my words around to start ____ then go right ahead, I'll ignore you as so many other do. In fact I'll start now. :rolleyes:

That's not what you said. What you said is that if "you keep being good boys and buying them" which basically blames us. Personally, I like the figure. She's like the Ultimate Sarah Connor. If you don't that's fine but don't blame us as the reason it's not the figure you wanted. But hey, you go right ahead and "don't buy" this figure with your little temper tantrum boycott. Most of us will enjoy it.

AHHH

Only thing stopping me buying this is... Will they make a 3rd Sarah? I know there no defo answer but what is your opinion.

AHHH

Only thing stopping me buying this is... Will they make a 3rd Sarah? I know there no defo answer but what is your opinion.

I really doubt that they will make a 3rd Sarah Connor. This and the con exclusive are probably all we'll see from Hot Toys. This one has a better headsculpt in my opinion, so I'd say you made the right choice in your purchase.

The only third one we might get would be a Terminator 1 version but that would be a very meh figure.

The only third one we might get would be a Terminator 1 version but that would be a very meh figure.

I would love it!

linda-hamilton.jpg

Yeah, I don't see a 3rd Sarah from T2 happening, though I didn't see a second either, of course now knowing hte facts about this MMS 119 Sarah, I can understand why we're getting 2. Based on the shots of Sarah with the T-800 from OMG, it looks like Hot Toys custom made the body not just the arms but even the height to make Sarah in scale with the T-800, though if that's the case, I still don't get the Pam Anderson breasts, but if it is a pretty unique body, then the second figure is to get more mileage out of the effort to make the body, and it gives them something else to pack a T-1000 head with.

Back