Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Stormtrooper Commander Figure (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a feeling this one will follow the same path that the Remnant Storm Trooper has taken. If you want one (or two) get them quick or pay aftermarket prices once they sell out quickly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! **ROTS Darth Vader voice**

I've got a feeling this one will follow the same path that the Remnant Storm Trooper has taken. If you want one (or two) get them quick or pay aftermarket prices once they sell out quickly.

I hate the Rogue One Stormtrooper design but I have to admit I regret not getting a couple Remnant variants despite what I would consider subpar weathering. I could have had a pair of them for a little under $400 I think.

I hate the Rogue One Stormtrooper design but I have to admit I regret not getting a couple Remnant variants despite what I would consider subpar weathering. I could have had a pair of them for a little under $400 I think.
Same boat as you. The remnant design grew on me though, then it sold out when I wanted to get one. Annoying.

Does the RO helmet have it? Thought it was only present on the ANH bucket.
Not the RO, ANH for sure ... not certain whether or not it disappeared when they made the eyes a little larger on the ESB buckets or on the ruined-mold ROTJ helmets.

I believe some of the Remnant troopers had R1 armour with replica ANH helmets though.

Same boat as you. The remnant design grew on me though, then it sold out when I wanted to get one. Annoying.

Same thing for me...

Removable pauldron confirmed. Articulation looks good. Bought.

One gripe: it doesn’t look like the eyes are green anymore; looks like they painted over the semi-transparent lenses with black paint 😕

Watching the unsealed and noticed something I missed ... the shoulder pauldron is OT-style as opposed to the more structured, ribbed style of the Rogue One stormtroopers' orange pauldrons.

Maybe it was some sort of issue with my screen but the lighting made it very hard to see the weathering on the figure. Dude kept talking the great weathering and details and I thought, if you say so buddy.
Also, foot print base again. Again. I feel like every other figure in my collection has that bloody base. Grumble over.
Looking forward to getting mine in hand so that can get a decent look at the weathering with my own eyes.
Good shout on the pauldron.

The weathering on the proto definitely shows a subtle grey wash that I can't see in the blown out Instagram pics from earlier or on the Sideshow unboxing, but what I'm seeing in each case is a bit of blow-out on the armour so it may still be there.

Does the RO helmet have it? Thought it was only present on the ANH bucket.

It’s very iconic to the ANH stunt in particular, but the Stormtrooper Commander on Tython does actually have the horizontal scar and bump above the left eye.

It’s an oddly specific look, and also a bit oddly specific that Hot Toys went to such great lengths to match this suit from the show including other details.

Not the RO, ANH for sure ... not certain whether or not it disappeared when they made the eyes a little larger on the ESB buckets or on the ruined-mold ROTJ helmets.

I believe some of the Remnant troopers had R1 armour with replica ANH helmets though.

Yes, Season 1 Nevarro Remnant Stormtroopers were reused Rogue One Stormtrooper costumes but with ANOVOS OT Stormtrooper helmets.

Watching the unsealed and noticed something I missed ... the shoulder pauldron is OT-style as opposed to the more structured, ribbed style of the Rogue One stormtroopers' orange pauldrons.

This is accurate to the show, along with the inclusion of the OT E-11 instead of the RO E-11 design with flashlight.

@endo1 and I had fun combing over the Tython episode to see who had what. It was a pretty mixed bag of props.

Again, I find it really odd Hot Toys tried so hard to make this figure as accurate as possible when details got overlooked for other figures. eg. The wrong helmet on the Remnant Stormtroopers and the wrong E-11 blaster for IG-11.

They could’ve just as easily re-released the RO Stormtrooper base figure again with all RO specific accessories and most people wouldn’t know or care. I appreciate the great lengths they went to, but it’s still really weird to me they did that for a trooper with very little total screen time.

AF8EDB08-E95B-4DED-8B82-7B39C63AB5CC.jpeg

You know what I might use it for? My ANH sandtrooper Squad Leader! His is going to deteriorate sooner than later, sadly.

Sandtrooper owners, grab the stromtrooper squad leader or a loose pauldron from Ebay.

Glad I POd two. One will be de-pauldroned and have the helmet swapped with the broken one that comes with the Boba Fett. At least I hope it’s a swappable helmet that comes with Boba, and not a hollow one like the helmet that comes with Wicket.

Proto pics seems to have helmet bump above the left eye lens or either it is a illusion of the lighting and shading in the weathering.

4901457B-2EF7-49F2-B3CE-66EF09F75017.jpeg

B1072220-3F5A-4861-B07B-D07AD276D1CC.jpeg

85696C05-2CF3-4AC1-AB4F-4DA369273A91.jpeg

From SS unboxing...

1D745DCA-372E-42C4-AB45-8F3BE751A640.jpeg

ADF3117A-3ED4-4213-A14A-21C5AC7647A3.jpeg

So apart from the lighting in the video, I'm not seeing the bump? Looks more like a light or faint scuff.

Proto pics seems to have helmet bump above the left eye lens or either it is a illusion of the lighting and shading in the weathering.

View attachment 551175
View attachment 551176
View attachment 551177

From SS unboxing...

View attachment 551178
View attachment 551179

So apart from the lighting in the video, I'm not seeing the bump? Looks more like a light or faint scuff.
I see what you mean, but looking closer at those proto pics, it looks like a trick in the lighting. All I see is a dirt scuff on an otherwise smooth recast of the RO helmet. (which didn't make it into the final product)

Back