Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Stormtrooper Commander Figure (Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see what you mean, but looking closer at those proto pics, it looks like a trick in the lighting. All I see is a dirt scuff on an otherwise smooth recast of the RO helmet. (which didn't make it into the final product)
Thanks Capt. I'm really happy to see this is the case!

Since this will be the first TK I've had to the chance to add to the collection, I have no issues on making this a multi trooper preorder, and it will display fine with RO and current Mando Series. The extra pauldrons won't go to waste, and it is a good base figure for the Tython Fett set, with extra crushed TK helmet.

Let the army building begin!

Last edited:
Proto pics seems to have helmet bump above the left eye lens or either it is a illusion of the lighting and shading in the weathering.

So apart from the lighting in the video, I'm not seeing the bump? Looks more like a light or faint scuff.

The prototype definitely had a bump. But it was more noticeable on the figure than the helmet used in that episode.

Could’ve been just a detail lost in the production version, or LFL might’ve asked to remove it because it was too noticeable. I’m half joking, but maybe Hot Toys removed it because they didn’t want a ton of people asking for exchanges because the bump kind of looks more like a production defect than intentional damage.

I do see a potential marking above the left eye in that screen cap. If there’s some kind of a weathered smudge there, at this scale it would look more closer to the show than what they previously showed.

True true! It was the one issue keeping me from ordering pairs of multiples... but now?

Hold on...
3878164E-3A0C-4B91-956F-C2888AF9CE94.jpeg

I'm hoping that's the case. I was a big fan of the weathering on the prototype; when they're completely clean it's sometimes difficult to even tell them apart
True true! It was the one issue keeping me from ordering pairs of multiples... but now?

Hold on...
View attachment 551195
Yeah there is definitely no time to sit on the fence with this one. Mines just landed in the U.K. & Iv already ordered a second. Gonna have one with the pauldron & one without

I have one on order and planned to order a second but am trying to hold off, as I've been hit with quite a number of other figures invoices coming due. As I mentioned earlier, I have a feeling this one will be tough to find, down the road. I just hope I can weather the current figure flood and the ST Commander is still available then.

I have one on order and planned to order a second but am trying to hold off, as I've been hit with quite a number of other figures invoices coming due. As I mentioned earlier, I have a feeling this one will be tough to find, down the road. I just hope I can weather the current figure flood and the ST Commander is still available then.
Don’t think it’s as limited as some says it is. Coruscant guard was also supposed to be a tiny release. Think it wasn’t popular in HK, only offered a first batch or something.

The issue is, all SW figures sells badly in China/HK. Hot toys’s prime market for Star Wars is the US followed by Europe. All batches/figures to those markets go through Sideshow. Sideshow has the standard 6 limit on this, if it was a limited run, like DS Anakin which lasted half a year, it would’ve been limited to one per customer.

I’m certain you’ll be able to grab this February or March 2022.

Last edited:
Don’t think it’s as limited as some says it is. Coruscant guard was also supposed to be a tiny release. Think it wasn’t popular in HK, only offered a first batch or something.

The issue is, all SW figures sells badly in China/HK. Hot toys’s prime market for Star Wars is the US followed by Europe. All batches/figures to those markets go through Sideshow. Sideshow has the standard 6 limit on this, if it was a limited run, like DS Anakin which lasted half a year, it would’ve been limited to one per customer.

I’m certain you’ll be able to grab this February or March 2022.

Agreed. Though it will be comparatively limited by nature of being an exclusive, it won’t sell out as quickly as some figures from last year which were underproduced and released during a Star Wars figure drought.

The figures from the Krennic, Heavy Mando, Remnant TK, and Mudtrooper era specifically. Those went fast and stock was limited, but that’s not likely to happen again as circumstances are different.

We’ve also had a huge flood of Star Wars figures so they’re sticking around longer as people space out purchases. Which is good, as panic buying due to a figure potentially pre selling out or selling out within weeks is an unpleasant feeling for everyone.

That said, I still wouldn’t wait too long to get this just in case. Better safe than sorry, as I agree with @FlyAndFight that it’ll likely be harder to find these down the road, even on the secondary market.

Last edited:
I picked up 3 of these. Think someone was wondering if there's a dent on the top of the helmet but I don't see any. It's my first pure HT stormtrooper (have the Remnant), and I don't know enough to tell the difference between the stormie variants from one movie/show to another, but really impressed with this figure. Apart from the sandtrooper which I really like the look of, I don't fancy getting the previous HT stormies at the inflated prices, I'll be happy getting a couple more of these. Unless someone can convince me some of the earlier stormie releases are different/good enough to justify spending extra.
storm1.jpg
storm2.jpg
storm3.jpg
storm4.jpg
storm5.jpg
storm6.jpg
storm7.jpg

I picked up 3 of these. Think someone was wondering if there's a dent on the top of the helmet but I don't see any. It's my first pure HT stormtrooper (have the Remnant), and I don't know enough to tell the difference between the stormie variants from one movie/show to another, but really impressed with this figure. Apart from the sandtrooper which I really like the look of, I don't fancy getting the previous HT stormies at the inflated prices, I'll be happy getting a couple more of these. Unless someone can convince me some of the earlier stormie releases are different/good enough to justify spending extra.View attachment 551398View attachment 551399View attachment 551400View attachment 551401View attachment 551402View attachment 551403View attachment 551404
Really appreciate the photos! He does look nice and grimy, much more so than what came across in those initial photos and video. Thanks!

Does he look ok with the pauldron removed? He doesn’t have an extra-long neck to accommodate for it, does he?

Really appreciate the photos! He does look nice and grimy, much more so than what came across in those initial photos and video. Thanks!

Does he look ok with the pauldron removed? He doesn’t have an extra-long neck to accommodate for it, does he?

It looks ok to me with pauldron removed, similar to the Remnant version. I think they both have the heads less sunken in to the body compared to the ANH stormies? That's how it looks to me anyway, though I ain't no expert.

Essentially being a repaint of the original Rogue One Stormtrooper figure, the helmet is going to sit a little high.

The neck is a little long on this figure, likely to help accomodate the various Rogue One era variants that had pauldrons (Jedha Patrol white pauldron, TK-14057 orange pauldron, and the TK-14057 two pack black pauldron).

It's never bothered me, but I know it's bothered some folks. With proper posing and futzing, it looks fine. But if you don't play around with it, it can look a little bobbleheaded.

I think this came out great. I have sold some of my troopers to where I think I’m down to my regular Rogue One storm trooper, but I might snag more than 1 of these.
now if only I could find that damn Jedha Patrol Tk back pack and giant blaster since I’ll never be able to afford that figure.

How difficult would it be to remove the horizontal line of weathering on the helmet? I'd like to pick up a few of these but that particular bit of weathering is too distinctive.

How difficult would it be to remove the horizontal line of weathering on the helmet? I'd like to pick up a few of these but that particular bit of weathering is too distinctive.
In the past I've been able to remove or tone down HT trooper weathering with rubbing alcohol, but it's really unpredictable. It might work ... or it might strip away the base coat down to the plastic. Depends on the paint application and there are NO guarantees.

Back