1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& Stab) Collectible Figu

I?m such a huge Anakin skywalker fan..I want to buy two of these but you only live once, I?ll just open one of them and enjoy it thoroughly. lol

I have problems...

I?ve been waiting a while for this release and I couldn?t be happier with the interchangeable armor options and the extra cape. Woohooo!!!!!

I wonder when Sideshow will put this on preorder tho. Deposit dropped on a plan ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both light and darkside anakin already and will buy this now that it looks way better then that Frankenstein figure we saw in the ssc video. I dont think im game for the snap though, i already have enough issues with space, id rather use what space i have for another figure or statue even. You simply cant have too many anakins hot toys did such a good job with the first 2 imo, im still holding out hope they change the tabard material but even if they dont this proto looks good enough for me

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& Stab) Collectible Figu

Probably will buy this eventually but just the regular version. Even that one seems $25 too high at $260. A bit surprised that stap goes for an extra $125 too. And an annoying two year wait to boot, the goalposts keep getting moved back. Pretty safe to wait over 12 months to preorder nowadays.

Probably will buy this eventually but just the regular version. Even that one seems $25 too high at $260. A bit surprised that stap goes for an extra $125 too. And an annoying two year wait to boot, the goalposts keep getting moved back. Pretty safe to wait over 12 months to preorder nowadays.

yep absolutely no rush. I'll probably pick it up but i'm not going to order now. I did order IM today but it was only because i had a $25 off code that expires saturday and you never know when another one will appear.

I do miss the old days of 12 months (or usually less) from PO to shipment. I remember ordering figures that went up at SDCC and having them 6 months later. A two year wait takes some excitement away from the figure.

yep absolutely no rush. I'll probably pick it up but i'm not going to order now. I did order IM today but it was only because i had a $25 off code that expires saturday and you never know when another one will appear. I do miss the 12 months (or usually less) from PO to shipment. A two year wait takes some excitement away from the figure.

They never send me those codes anymore, no idea what their criteria is for being sent. Maybe just random. If i had one I definitely would use it now same as you. Probably on Captain Rex or the new Tony Stark.

No rush whatsoever if I decide to get this. Maybe I’ll have watched the series by the time it releases. I like the look but not sure if I want to start getting stuff from The Clone Wars.

I have both light and darkside anakin already and will buy this now that it looks way better then that Frankenstein figure we saw in the ssc video. I dont think im game for the snap though, i already have enough issues with space, id rather use what space i have for another figure or statue even. You simply cant have too many anakins hot toys did such a good job with the first 2 imo, im still holding out hope they change the tabard material but even if they dont this proto looks good enough for me

Agreed. I did have the ssc version and it?s a lot better in hand. Sold it a few months ago and this one couldn?t have been released at a better time. It is a huge improvement.

I have Anakin and I bought the hot toys dark side Anakin head sculpt because of room too. I am very impressed by this piece tho!

Impressive....most impressive..lol

I'm not sure if I'll buy the complete regular version or just the body. I don't really need two Anakin figures but I wouldn't mind swapping my ROTS Anakin head sculpt to the TCW Anakin body to be able to display him with Captain Rex.

I just want another STAP so I’ll hold off.

I am proud of myself resisting those figures and sticking with my agenda. The figures looks good in my opinion.

Anakin?s my favorite character and I?m super tempted by this, but movie anakin is the definitive anakin for me. Not sure whether or not I wanna PO this, especially considering it comes out in like two years lol. It would only be my second hot toy, but I think I?ll just pimp out the anakin I already have with a custom lightsaber and backdrop. Maybe wait for those 501st troopers they teased 🤔👀

Up for PreOrder on BBTS for $399. $275 for Anakin without Stap.

Is there a separate thread for the Anakin without the stap? Just ordered the exclusive with poncho and no vehicle. Looks really cool but I don?t have the room for it.

should probably edit the title of the thread so it doesn't say 'stab' :lol

What’s the difference between collectors and special edition? Does one come with the poncho where the other does not?

What?s the difference between collectors and special edition? Does one come with the poncho where the other does not?

Yes. That?s correct. Collectors doesn?t have the poncho. Exclusive comes with the weathered poncho. I always get a kick out of SS use of ‘collector edition’ since usually in every other business collector edition is more than the regular.

BBTS is crazy lately. Every single one is $10-15 more than MSRP.

They've been going nutty for a while. They have the Haslab Sentinel listed at $500 and you can still pre-order/kickstart it for $350. They constantly "sell out" of items only to suddenly find more and re-list them at eBay prices instead of their original retail.

I passed on the RotS versions of both Anakin and Obi-Wan at the time (lack of funds, not really focused on the hobby), and with the aftermarket prices I had written them off. So when the announcement came I was honestly pretty excited. Seeing them "in the flesh", both are actually pretty good. The first pics of the protos were pretty bad, but these promo pics of Anakin won me over. I always disliked the robes and found them boring, so in a way I'm glad I'll be able to get the armoured versions. I've never watched the CGI cartoon ("muh chips" and "muh buddy-buddies" just ruined it for me), so I'm glad that they are compatible with the Genndy 2003 show which I have watched and love. I wonder if they'll do a Ventress and how she'll look. Just a regular Anakin for me, I have no use for the STAP or the poncho. I'll wait until it's up at a few places to see where I PO. Now I've got to wait for Obi-Wan. As for the release date, it's late, but it kinda suits me since I've just gotten back into the 1/6th game this year, and I could use a more relaxed slate. I still need to go back and buy Dooku, Maul and Palpatine (leaving this one for last in case they do a RoS version, since I find the red robes more interesting than the all-black ones, regardless of the film's quality).

Back