1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& Stab) Collectible Figu

Lucky you for living in UK. Our customs asks for not only invoice but your credit card bill. So, no escape from tax.

That sucks, they need to have the invoice and value declared on the packaging but it's usually marked down as "Plastic Toys Value $10". I hope the UK Gov don't start requiring a copy of the bill on the customers end.

I wish collecting was way more accessible for us Internationals without having to jump through hoops. Retailers in UK try to charge ridiculous prices for figures, on Sideshow the Remnant Stormtrooper is ?165 but UK retailers have for ?280 which is insane.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& Stab) Collectible Figu

Retailers are same here. Mudtrooper (235usd) is 420usd here.

That sucks, they need to have the invoice and value declared on the packaging but it's usually marked down as "Plastic Toys Value $10". I hope the UK Gov don't start requiring a copy of the bill on the customers end.

I wish collecting was way more accessible for us Internationals without having to jump through hoops. Retailers in UK try to charge ridiculous prices for figures, on Sideshow the Remnant Stormtrooper is ?165 but UK retailers have for ?280 which is insane.
I'm always in two minds when I see UK collectors mention Hot Toys figures, some saying they've paid ?200-300 from Forbidden Planet etc.

On one hand you want to save a fellow collector a lot of money by buying from HK and the "helpful" customs, but it only takes one person to work for HMRC and it been flagged up. UK HT Facebook groups are worse for openly going on the about custom charge dodge.

There's only 3 or 4 figures I would really want to get, so hopefully the situation stays the same until I've got them[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm always in two minds when I see UK collectors mention Hot Toys figures, some saying they've paid ?200-300 from Forbidden Planet etc.

On one hand you want to save a fellow collector a lot of money by buying from HK and the "helpful" customs, but it only takes one person to work for HMRC and it been flagged up. UK HT Facebook groups are worse for openly going on the about custom charge dodge.

There's only 3 or 4 figures I would really want to get, so hopefully the situation stays the same until I've got them[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yep that's the thing, I want to spread the word and help as many collectors as possible but as you said the more people that know about it the higher the risk of it being exposed. Catch 22 really. Forbidden Planet and Zavvi etc prices are just a no go for me. I think Hot Toys needs to step up their international distribution rather than having Sideshow be pretty much the only official distributor, it aint for on us folk outside of America.

I don't even know what the taxes situation is around here. Back when I was still buying stuff I paid nothing. One day I ordered about 150 euros worth of comics from MyComicShop (backlog stuff) and ended up paying 50 euros for custom fees. Now I've got two figures on Pre-Order, one from Popcultcha and one from BigBadToyStore, and I dread to think what could happen... That's why I used to stick with ebay.

So does anyone think it's only a matter of time until Hot Toys does some Clankers and re-uses this STAP for them ?

For me it's the same play as the Mandalorian Speeder Bikes if you ask me. Only a matter of time until they do ROTJ Scout Troopers with ROTJ Speeder Bike.

First release the version no-one really needs, but will possibly get because it's new and cool. Then release the more known version second and double dip.

Or am I crazy ??

So does anyone think it's only a matter of time until Hot Toys does some Clankers and re-uses this STAP for them ?

For me it's the same play as the Mandalorian Speeder Bikes if you ask me. Only a matter of time until they do ROTJ Scout Troopers with ROTJ Speeder Bike.

First release the version no-one really needs, but will possibly get because it's new and cool. Then release the more known version second and double dip.

Or am I crazy ??

It's bound to happen, they did have a prototype for a B-1 either one or two years ago, I can imagine they'll probably just rebrand it under the Clone Wars line and toss in the STAP as a set.

I pulled the trigger on the STAP version of Anakin just due to those promotional shots, he looked great hanging from it.

ROTJ version of both the Scout trooper and Speeder will certainly be released at some point but probably not until they know people have already cashed in on the Mandalorian versions.

The guy seriously has not altered the "STAB" to "STAP" yet...thread name looks hilarious.

Would someone change that "Stab" to "Stap" in the thread title?:gah::lol

Back when this thread was just the Anakin figure there was a separate thread for the Anakin and STAP deluxe. But then this one was renamed incorrectly and the other was merged in and here we are with wrong sounding muppets

The guy seriously has not altered the "STAB" to "STAP" yet...thread name looks hilarious.

Would someone change that "Stab" to "Stap" in the thread title?:gah::lol

Back when this thread was just the Anakin figure there was a separate thread for the Anakin and STAP deluxe. But then this one was renamed incorrectly and the other was merged in and here we are with wrong sounding muppets

I just PM'd him to change it.

Did battle droids ever ride this version of the STAB in the cartoon/on screen or was it always just the brown one?

Did battle droids ever ride this version of the STAB in the cartoon/on screen or was it always just the brown one?

The STAP, despite being what seems like a very useful vehicle, surprisingly only appears in 5 episodes of The Clone Wars and the film.

It’s blue in every appearance of TCW, like most CIS vehicles.

This is a funny release. Normally, I am down for any vehicle/accessory (sith speeder, gonk). I just don?t know if this one is totally necessary. He looks great in the promo shots hanging off of the stap (Stab) alongside a flying Rex. But, he would also look great standing with Clone Wars kenobi. Decisions decisions. Oh well, since I?m not buying any mandalorian this will have to fill the hole in my heart where the Death Star trooper and bespin han/lando should be.

I'm really curious to see what they give Kenobi for the deluxe.

This is a funny release. Normally, I am down for any vehicle/accessory (sith speeder, gonk). I just don?t know if this one is totally necessary. He looks great in the promo shots hanging off of the stap (Stab) alongside a flying Rex. But, he would also look great standing with Clone Wars kenobi. Decisions decisions. Oh well, since I?m not buying any mandalorian this will have to fill the hole in my heart where the Death Star trooper and bespin han/lando should be.

I'm having the same conundrum. Normally I'm in for the deluxe (Emperor, Maul) but his time I'm just not sure given the accessory is not really character related at all.

Back