1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker and STAP

Does "special edition" mean sideshow exclusive in the US?

Ya.

This and Obi will be a pass for me since I have the other versions, but oddly I would have gotten these if they came with an animated head. Kinda curious they are not at least adding a second animated style head for all of these Clone Wars figures, you would think that would not be a terribly expensive addition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& Stab) Collectible Figu

Same character but otherwise miles apart in the portrayals.

So, what were you expecting exactly? Of course it's going to look like Hayden, he is Anakin.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& Stab) Collectible Figu

So, what were you expecting exactly? Of course it's going to look like Hayden, he is Anakin.

I think it was clear from the Clone Troopers that they're only planning to make movie-fied versions of characters from the Clone Wars series.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker and STAP

Probably because the body proportions and outfit proportions are completely different in the show and it likely would just look weird, same goes for Rex.

Also think both of these threads need to be merged or something.

I think it was clear from the Clone Troopers that they're only planning to make movie-fied versions of characters from the Clone Wars series.

Yup I thought Rex made this pretty clear.

I wish these were animated. Anakin usually wore a more cocky grin than the slay those younglings expression they gave him here.

Probably because the body proportions and outfit proportions are completely different in the show and it likely would just look weird, same goes for Rex.

Also think both of these threads need to be merged or something.

There is no way that is the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't have an expectation. Perhaps I was trying to say I would have preferred something that reminds me more of the CW character which to me was much more interesting than the whining Anakin of the movies.

I didn't have an expectation. Perhaps I was trying to say I would have preferred something that reminds me more of the CW character which to me was much more interesting than the whining Anakin of the movies.

That's not fair. He brooded as well.

There is no way that is the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if it's not, it's a good enough reason. Also remember it's not always up to Hot Toys, Disney control everything related to Star Wars.

Now to decide if I need the Stap. Definitely don?t need the poncho version. But those pics of Anakin hanging off the side of the Stap are really cool. Decisions decisions.

Now to decide if I need the Stap. Definitely don?t need the poncho version. But those pics of Anakin hanging off the side of the Stap are really cool. Decisions decisions.

Yeah, I saw those pics of him hanging on it and had to get it.

They are really clever. They know many would have passed an CW Anakin with a reused sculpt. And thet added a STAP. Really clever move. I wonder if they'll add anything to CW Kenobi.

Is it just me or does the 2nd batch Anakin seem really expensive on TW even without the STAP?

For some reason they are only letting me do 3 month payment plan too. I think I'll wait and see if they change it. I usually do 6 months.

Is it just me or does the 2nd batch Anakin seem really expensive on TW even without the STAP?

For some reason they are only letting me do 3 month payment plan too. I think I'll wait and see if they change it. I usually do 6 months.

Isn't it like $1870HKD? That's not that expensive. If you're looking at the special edition with the crappy poncho, those are all really inflated.

Isn't it like $1870HKD? That's not that expensive. If you're looking at the special edition with the crappy poncho, those are all really inflated.

It’s over $300 USD. I guess it’s not that bad, it’s only about $15 more than Wonder Woman.

The final preorder images look better but its till not perfect like it should be. That material used on the tabard still needs to change, but the Tailoring looks way better nothing like that eye sore they displayed at ssc comic con live

It’s over $300 USD. I guess it’s not that bad, it’s only about $15 more than Wonder Woman.

You must be looking at the special edition that comes with the poncho, the regular is much cheaper.

The final preorder images look better but its till not perfect like it should be. That material used on the tabard still needs to change, but the Tailoring looks way better nothing like that eye sore they displayed at ssc comic con live

I don't think any HT figure is perfect or ever will be.

You must be looking at the special edition that comes with the poncho, the regular is much cheaper.

I don't think any HT figure is perfect or ever will be.

Perfect was the wrong choice of words i should of said still not quite close enough to the source material. The tabard material is still incorrect, the figure would look that much better with just a small change in material. Its the same with snow speeder Luke, if they just change that material (to look more movie acurate-some sort of reflective parka material) its most definitely a winner- even as is it looks nothing like like those 2 clone war eye sores that were on display a few days ago (which apparently they already fixed the tailoring of Anakin's suit) but if they change the tabard material it will be damn near close to perfect

Back