Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got lucky. Mine is more to the left and crosses that white little dot. Not only this but my left thigh piece has some weird factory printing and has a different texture compared to the rest of the piece and stands out, and the top circle you can see white paint chipped. Sideshow is telling me they all have this when I've had 3 of these figures in hand now and only one has it, I compared my current one to my brothers and it's a huge difference even the abdomen armor piece is way whiter on mine. I know it's small but, because I have this comparison in hand to a perfect figure it's even more irritating for a $300 figure.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 94
  • unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    903 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Seems to look that way but the non uniform stripe makes it appear exaggerated.
924CBBA2-F411-461A-9B7E-49D82431E82F.jpeg

Mine should be delivered this week.. Hopefully mine is straight.

Unlike my Hasbro BS Archive 501st trooper that I got from Amazon with his blue line on his stomach with the I being really bad off centered and crooked. :(

So has anyone seen anything like this? I'm still trying to get replacement parts or an exchange for the figure but sideshow is being difficult with me.
First picture.png
second picture.png
Plaque with mark.jpg
Helmet.jpg

So has anyone seen anything like this? I'm still trying to get replacement parts or an exchange for the figure but sideshow is being difficult with me.View attachment 561998View attachment 561999View attachment 562000View attachment 562001

It looks like something got dried onto the armor. Maybe while the clear coat was still wet. I had to really zoom in to see it though. The CSR may have just not looked at it closely.

They should still replace that for you. Call them if you have to.

Worst case, Toy Anxiety has the thigh armor right now for not a bad price. You should’ve have to do that though.

Is that something on the plaque or is the clear film still on it?

What’s the issue with the helmet?

It looks like something got dried onto the armor. Maybe while the clear coat was still wet. I had to really zoom in to see it though. The CSR may have just not looked at it closely.

They should still replace that for you. Call them if you have to.

Worst case, Toy Anxiety has the thigh armor right now for not a bad price. You should’ve have to do that though.

Is that something on the plaque or is the clear film still on it?

What’s the issue with the helmet?
So for the thigh piece sideshow is telling me that they all have this when I know that's not true (I've had three of these figures now) the top spot also sticks out way more inperson. and the plaque came like that from the box with the mark which I've tried cleaning off already and it doesn't have any clear film on it. as for the Helmet mine is mis aligned more to the left compared to other peoples pictures and the two other figures I've been able to compare inperson. even my abdomon armor piece is much whiter and sticks out more again compared to the other two figures I have in person. I think I will just have to call them on Monday, they keep giving me stupid replies and don't seem to want to help.

So for the thigh piece sideshow is telling me that they all have this when I know that's not true (I've had three of these figures now) the top spot also sticks out way more inperson. and the plaque came like that from the box with the mark which I've tried cleaning off already and it doesn't have any clear film on it. as for the Helmet mine is mis aligned more to the left compared to other peoples pictures and the two other figures I've been able to compare inperson. even my abdomon armor piece is much whiter and sticks out more again compared to the other two figures I have in person. I think I will just have to call them on Monday, they keep giving me stupid replies and don't seem to want to help.

Usually they’re good about replacements. Sometimes they are not, and I’ve been there so I know it can be frustrating.

They really shouldn’t push back on customers as much as they do sometimes, knowing full well how much a lot of people spend. Really leaves a lasting negative impression.

You can always exercise your right to return it worst case.

I think the helmet stripe is luck of the draw though. Seems to vary pretty widely. I would only push for the thigh armor and plaque but that is of course up to you.

I’ve had the same thing on a stormtrooper thigh armour before and they swapped it.

For anyone in OZ chasing Rex,GoFigure Collectibles HAD 1 left instock on their ebay page as of 30mins ago.
I grabbed 1 off their website and used rewards to knock the price down.
Great timing too as I just sold my TROS Rey and Heavy Mando!!

This popped up on my YouTube recommended

He should be doing the unsealed and revealed anyway.

For anyone in OZ chasing Rex,GoFigure Collectibles HAD 1 left instock on their ebay page as of 30mins ago.
I grabbed 1 off their website and used rewards to knock the price down.
Great timing too as I just sold my TROS Rey and Heavy Mando!!
You wouldn’t happen to know why they’ve stopped preorders on new figures? it’s been about a year! I’ve asked them and radio silence. A shame their prices are competitive and otherwise they are very friendly and helpful. It is great getting older figures at reasonable prices though.

You wouldn’t happen to know why they’ve stopped preorders on new figures? it’s been about a year! I’ve asked them and radio silence. A shame their prices are competitive and otherwise they are very friendly and helpful. It is great getting older figures at reasonable prices though
It has been great for those that need older figures,most of those were from Collectors offloading their collection.
Last year they had some great figures go for sale.
Not sure they have stopped preorders?
I see there are some new PO items still on their site,but not sure otherwise.

It has been great for those that need older figures,most of those were from Collectors offloading their collection.
Last year they had some great figures go for sale.
Not sure they have stopped preorders?
I see there are some new PO items still on their site,but not sure otherwise.
There are older preorders but nothing after about June last year. The Mando Swoop Bike was the last HT they put up for preorder. So no What If, Shang-Chi, BTTF, NWH etc etc. They were my go to for most preorders but I’ve mostly moved to Sugo now. Maybe it’s covid related?

There are older preorders but nothing after about June last year. The Mando Swoop Bike was the last HT they put up for preorder. So no What If, Shang-Chi, BTTF, NWH etc etc. They were my go to for most preorders but I’ve mostly moved to Sugo now. Maybe it’s covid related?
They did mention they are understaffed atm,so yes,possibly Covid related.

Back