Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know most want all these different troops, but would it really kill HT to just give us plain old white Clone Troopers???

Literally, just reissue the 501st deluxe without the blue markings and the Ahsoka helmet. Personally I'd take that in a second before any other specialized unit. And of course I'd need 2 to have both a phase I & phase II clone.

After the 212th, that is what I want the most. They'd be able to fit in all display with all the other legions.

Not to mention the plain white Phase 1 clone is one of my favorite armor designs in SW.

79EC426F-DACC-4427-BA2F-4AC1EF6E0236.jpeg
With animated style range finder:
C7DA05EE-E94F-440D-82CD-74D9DB0C16F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Best bet they're coming with TCW Obiwan or simply just never happen. I've already envisoned in my mind buying at least 3 grunts and 1 Airborne for the 212th set up.

You have good taste. I have 3 Sideshow 212th and an Airborne and it is a great set up.

I’d definitely be in for the Hot Toys 212th when it happens. Don’t give up hope. We might see something closer to/after the Coruscant Guard and 501st sell out.

So Ive had Rex for about a week now and he's easily one of my favorite figures I own, however I don't think I'll be able to fully enjoy him or my 501st deluxe until they are properly displayed. I have one detolf case at the moment that houses my black series collection with a few hot toys sprinkled in, my plan is to relocate my black series figures to allow my Hot toys to be displayed more prominently. Only issue is Ikea has been hit hard by supply chain issues so Detolfs and most other bookcases and shelves have been out of stock at least in my area for months. And theres not much else to be found else where without paying a fortune.

So Ive had Rex for about a week now and he's easily one of my favorite figures I own, however I don't think I'll be able to fully enjoy him or my 501st deluxe until they are properly displayed. I have one detolf case at the moment that houses my black series collection with a few hot toys sprinkled in, my plan is to relocate my black series figures to allow my Hot toys to be displayed more prominently. Only issue is Ikea has been hit hard by supply chain issues so Detolfs and most other bookcases and shelves have been out of stock at least in my area for months. And theres not much else to be found else where without paying a fortune.

Box up the Black Series until you get another Detolf or Billy for them. The Hot Toys figures deserve priority over the 6" figures; especially something as good as Rex.

Or sell the Black Series figures and buy another Hot Toys 501st Deluxe or two. I feel like that's something @SOU7567 might say too. :lol

Yeah it sucks. I've been waiting to get some Billys forever now.

Or sell the Black Series figures and buy another Hot Toys 501st Deluxe or two. I feel like that's something @SOU7567 might say too. :lol
Reading my mind.

Sell the Black Series (or cut down on them) and go full Hot Toys, build yourself a legendary clone army.

1 Captain Rex and 8 501st deluxe should do the trick.

Reading my mind.

Sell the Black Series (or cut down on them) and go full Hot Toys, build yourself a legendary clone army.

1 Captain Rex and 8 501st deluxe should do the trick.

53072A3F-003F-42D7-9779-B4B0CC986D25.gif

Although I think 2-4 will suffice since they have a Detolf.

Any more, you need a lot of horizontal space to get the most out of them.

And we don’t want to scare them off.

Awesome picture! With already having Anakin, Kenobi, and Yoda (and having Rex and Ahsoka on order), I had to track down Cody! I needed the CW Squad in full effect. Rex and Cody just look so good together with their Generals.

I also have Dooku and was considering the SS Grievous to flank him. I imagine we could get Assajj and Savage sometime soon too.

I also have Dooku and was considering the SS Grievous to flank him. I imagine we could get Assajj and Savage sometime soon too.

If you’re okay with the Grievous figure’s shortcomings, it does look pretty cool on display. A lot of folks still holding out for a Hot Toys version though.

I would not expect an Asajj or Savage figure any time soon, if ever. Hot Toys is going to have their hands full with Bad Batch Season 2, Kenobi, Mandalorian Season 3, Ahsoka, and ROTJ 40th, along with MCU Phase 4 and DCEU relaunch films.

Awesome picture! With already having Anakin, Kenobi, and Yoda (and having Rex and Ahsoka on order), I had to track down Cody! I needed the CW Squad in full effect. Rex and Cody just look so good together with their Generals.

hoh haven't see you around much lately here, I'm tempting that Grievous too but I think I will wait for some Hot Toys's battle droids first.

Great figure. Silly question but is the is the black lens area on the main helmet supposed to be grimy? Its definitely not flawless like the black area lens on ESB Fett and V2 Mando. Again, apologies if this is a silly question.

The orange helmet is not grimy- so that's why I ask.

Attachments

• IMG_3959.jpeg
    IMG_3959.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 65
If you’re okay with the Grievous figure’s shortcomings, it does look pretty cool on display. A lot of folks still holding out for a Hot Toys version though.

I would not expect an Asajj or Savage figure any time soon, if ever. Hot Toys is going to have their hands full with Bad Batch Season 2, Kenobi, Mandalorian Season 3, Ahsoka, and ROTJ 40th, along with MCU Phase 4 and DCEU relaunch films.

I've had it before and sold it for priorities at the time, but I did really like it and found a good arms behind the back pose that worked.

hoh haven't see you around much lately here, I'm tempting that Grievous too but I think I will wait for some Hot Toys's battle droids first.

Haha yeah I take breaks from the forums when not much is going on, but I've been on a bit of a spree lately to cover releases I didn't grab. I'll mull Grievous for now. No rush.

I feel like one of those guys that flips when something is like a half a mm off, but I need to know for my sanity.

Are all the Rex's mouth paint apps like this? I feel like my blue stripe is off center. Can I see some straight on shots of your guys' helmet?
20220203_154834.jpg

Back