Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost off topic pic that was requested of a Rex head on boba. But this is Cody.

Attachments

• D2A7AAE5-A89E-4966-B985-93AC84023777.jpeg
    D2A7AAE5-A89E-4966-B985-93AC84023777.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 68
Couple of more pics:
I really like the idea of Rex being Vader’s right hand man (like he was when he was Anakin during Clone Wars).
F2CD4F37-028D-4E4C-A6FB-65094864D6F7.jpeg
3A186E8A-7E14-4A72-9F69-46A4049C0A36.jpeg

Finally got Rex from Sideshow Collectibles yesterday. Now I see why Rex is such a badass......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-114241_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-114241_Gallery.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220114_121000.jpg
    20220114_121000.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 79
Couple of more pics:
I really like the idea of Rex being Vader’s right hand man (like he was when he was Anakin during Clone Wars).
View attachment 555956View attachment 555957
Thats why I like the image of Fett working with Vader. Boba during his scummy days is sort of like the Rex equivalent of the Imperial era, if you get my meaning.
Once I get my Clone Wars Anakin, I'll have them displayed in pairs like that. Anakin/Rex on one side, Vader/Fett on the other.
Might be why Vader seemed more patient with Boba than anyone else, a familiar voice/face he has affection for.

Thats why I like the image of Fett working with Vader. Boba during his scummy days is sort of like the Rex equivalent of the Imperial era, if you get my meaning.
Once I get my Clone Wars Anakin, I'll have them displayed in pairs like that. Anakin/Rex on one side, Vader/Fett on the other.
Might be why Vader seemed more patient with Boba than anyone else, a familiar voice/face he has affection for.
Yes! I love how we make these connections haha. Also, Vader knew the how capable Boba Fett was because Fett has the genetic material of Capt Rex, who Anakin spent many missions with.

Haha yeah, noticed it just seconds after uploading. Something felt wrong when I saw Elijah’s face.
Had to do it. Yep....maybe I should start posting figures with that Maguire head. We need an official Bully Maguire headsculpt so I can really get into it lol.

Not that I advise waiting, but they probably made a good amount more of Rex than Cody.

Cody also came out during a Star Wars drought. We’re in a deluge right now.

Definitely good points and TCW merch is still hot right now, agreed on not waiting, if you want him, grab him now. Who knows where he'll be in a month or so.

I would definitely pick him up now!!!!
They probably made a lot of him given he’s arguably the most important and popular clone overall in TCW, but you will be paying quite a bit more when he stops being available. No one really knows how many they make of each figure, so just jump on it while you can.

I just got him yesterday and I can be added to the many great adoring fans of this figure. It is stunning, a lot of great options and an amazing addition to any SW collection.

I'm still extremely salty about that ROTS Airborn trooper that never see production light.

CA6136B7-C64B-453E-8447-50422EFB86B8.jpeg
551168C8-9B9B-4B6B-96A6-E62B2544866A.jpeg

Doing a lot of memorials today.

I’ll say never say never, though.

I think they just skipped these to go all in on TCW Season 7 while it was still fresh, especially anything Siege of Mandalore related.

They‘ll get to the 212th eventually. And the Airborne along with it, possibly.

I’m a little less impatient because I still have the Sideshow 212th Clones and Airborne figures but I understand the pain of waiting and not knowing. I’d still like to get the Hot Toys versions because Hot Toys Cody is starting to look lonely surrounded by blue and red.

That 212th is happening..I don't know where or how but it is happening.

No way HT doesn't look at the sale numbers for the 501st and a lesser extent, Coruscant Guard, and just stop doing the grunts for army builders.

Best bet they're coming with TCW Obiwan or simply just never happen. I've already envisoned in my mind buying at least 3 grunts and 1 Airborne for the 212th set up.

I know most want all these different troops, but would it really kill HT to just give us plain old white Clone Troopers???

Literally, just reissue the 501st deluxe without the blue markings and the Ahsoka helmet. Personally I'd take that in a second before any other specialized unit. And of course I'd need 2 to have both a phase I & phase II clone.

Back