Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...... 'Aight, I see what you troublemakers are trying to do here. And I thoroughly approve, because this place is all about that enabling.

Jesse is currently bookmarked on my wishlist and I may wait till he is released before I make a move. His release date will be a big factor. I am not preordering him at this time, but thats by no means a final No. Anyone with armor that lovely is definitely on my radar.

AD664719-AC8A-4F67-B845-CB8C42C6B956.jpeg

1717C5DA-4907-4857-838D-8EC90EEA2633.jpeg

I made my last payment for Rex last night. It was showing as expected to ship today, but now shows tomorrow instead.

Hoping it’s not delayed like a bunch of Sideshow shipments recently. Although it’s in stock so I’m not sure why it would be.

I see this is fairly new? Don't recall having seen this before. Anyone order anything from them yet on this program?

Curious if they are actually merely damaged boxes or product returned for a reason and they are peddling them off as just box damage.
It's been around for a while, it's just not really advertised.

I see this is fairly new? Don't recall having seen this before. Anyone order anything from them yet on this program?

Curious if they are actually merely damaged boxes or product returned for a reason and they are peddling them off as just box damage.

It's something they've been more open about relatively recently, I think partly in a way to address complaints from the uptick in people who got no shipper/open box looking items a year or two ago.

They don't outright say they're not returns so some of them the items could be. If that's a concern then I don't think it's worth the savings. But it's a good option for those who don't mind that and something they should've been doing in earnest from the get go.

https://help.sideshow.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406773466139-Sideshow-Seconds

You're spot on. I've seen a number of instances of folks getting returned figures from seconds.

You will love him.

The only thing I dont love is how the fold-down kickstands for those blasters never wants to stay folded up - I'm about to put a drop of white glue on mine. Cody's too.

It is annoying. It can’t even fold over the grip so they should’ve made it stationary.

You could probably use a small amount of museum wax (the clear version of museum putty) to keep it in place. It’s used by conservationists so it won’t hurt the surface.

Good for anyone out there that wants to keep Rex or Cody’s helmet more securely in place in their hand/arm as well.

Got Rex today. I like it overall pretty well. Is it me though or does the neck look long with the normal sculpt? I think that can be an issue with Troopers in general. Looks better with the bucket.

I’m sure I read or watched a video explaining the gun stand is a type of monopod.

I’m sure I read or watched a video explaining the gun stand is a type of monopod.

The DC-15 carbine was designed as a precursor to the E-11 which has a folding stock of a similar design as with the Sterling SMG it was based on.

The Sideshow DC-15 had a fully extendable stock but that made it a little thick. I think Hot Toys just chose aesthetics over a feature most people probably wouldn't use.

E11.png

The DC-15 carbine was designed as a precursor to the E-11 which has a folding stock of a similar design as with the Sterling SMG it was based on.

The Sideshow DC-15 had a fully extendable stock but that made it a little thick. I think Hot Toys just chose aesthetics over a feature most people probably wouldn't use.

View attachment 569584
Good info, thanks

Back