Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, anyone repositioning their antenna, please do not grab it by the the tip. Grab the insertion point and rotate.

Seinfeld- stole move.gif

I think I know why some experience a slight gloss on the forehead. Think it's due to the plastic protection used on the upper clamshell, combined with a rather shallow compartment for the head sculpt, pressing onto the forehead and "leaking" oil/plastic onto the headsulpt. Might be good to remove either the thin plastic on the clamshell or remove the headsculpt from the box to prevent further damage/"glossing". Any idea on how to remove the glossy film from the forehead without dealing too much damage to the paint applications?

I just opened mine and was going to post about that shiny spot on his forehead. Mine's got it as well, I'm not sure if there's any good solution. It's so small and I only see it at angle, so not a huge deal, but annoying.

I just opened mine and was going to post about that shiny spot on his forehead. Mine's got it as well, I'm not sure if there's any good solution. It's so small and I only see it at angle, so not a huge deal, but annoying.
Try blowing it with a hair dryer for a few minutes, if that doesn't work you could spay some flat coat into a plastic lid till it puddles, dip a q tip and then lightly dab the scuff, but do a few practice runs to see if you're comfortable, hair dryer should work or minimize it a fair bit

Finally signed back up for the boards because of this guy, LCS received him last week, very excited to have him join Cody. I've seen everyone bring up the color as a point of contention, I did notice it but feel it helps set him apart too, he was frequently doing side quests with Anakin etc so it kind of makes sense in my head that he may have been in different environments or something, anyways I definitely need some 501, I only want the 332nd version though, do you guys think it's worth the deluxe price or would getting regs and sourcing another helm be more cost effective? Do really want all of the other accessories

Finally signed back up for the boards because of this guy, LCS received him last week, very excited to have him join Cody. I've seen everyone bring up the color as a point of contention, I did notice it but feel it helps set him apart too, he was frequently doing side quests with Anakin etc so it kind of makes sense in my head that he may have been in different environments or something, anyways I definitely need some 501, I only want the 332nd version though, do you guys think it's worth the deluxe price or would getting regs and sourcing another helm be more cost effective? Do really want all of the other accessories

I just ordered my 3rd 501st and the deluxe is the way to go. So many accessories and with HT is creeping up their prices, a good bang for your buck.

Not to mention the accessories will be useful for future clones and display options.

The backpack plus that machine blaster gun is definitely a no brainer, I utilize those accessories on some of my regular 501st. At the moment I have 3 regs and 1 deluxe, contemplating buying additional two more regs and 1 deluxe to celebrate the forthcoming Jesse and Vaughn lol.

Last edited:
I cracked a quick flight pose. These new bodies are so good and the armor sits naturally at the arms.

Loving this figure, Jesse will be incredible as full blown ARC armor. Tried to show a bit of the green more to how he is in hand, it’s not a bad thing as others said. Rex goes well with SS Echo and Fives with the tinge of color.

This is HTs best armor SW trooper to me. Not much that could be improved. The sculpt is one of HTs finest as well, nailed that likeness.

LVKrFvq.jpg

qDvnkgy.jpg

Last edited:
I would say it will depend on how well you pose it. Mine is pretty tight. The helmet has not fallen down not even once since I have him in that pose.
I use a small piece of museum putty in a hidden spot somewhere to make the helmet extra secure.
I generally use it on ALL my figures when an odd piece or hard to hold item comes into play. I also always use it under foot to give them a bit more stability as a just in case factor. The only time I ever had an issue was when using a custom stand. Im pretty sure those are not made in the same way as stock pieces and part of the stand pulled away when I did a repose. Any stock item I’ve ever used it on has been 100% successful.No issues whatsoever. And I’ve used it all the way back to Sideshows monkey armed Jedi Luke…

Another small issue I had is the left foot. It's super loose, I can pull it off of the peg with just two fingers easily. I'll have to throw some tac on there.

Another small issue I had is the left foot. It's super loose, I can pull it off of the peg with just two fingers easily. I'll have to throw some tac on there.

I had something similar on my 501st trooper, I pushed it in with a bit force and was like normal afterwards. It was loose the second I took him out of the packaging.

Dynamic stands are an excuse to boost the price and are little but detrimental to the actual figure. Its a bull**** marketing decision and I decry it in all its forms.

100 percent agree!!! It shouldn’t be a price justifier. They should include both a flight and standard stand for flying/dynamic characters.

Yeah, that waist clamp is gonna crack that armor over time for sure. They need to make an adjustable clamp for non-diecast figures that have flight stands.

I just have it hold the leg if they're not in flight pose.

I don't think posable arms are anything to justify the price, but it's baffling that they just don't include both types.

Back