Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is a shame to see so many people having problems with Cody. I remember being on the verge of tears myself trying to pose that figure. So frustrating. He’s going to be a figure I never touch in fear of breaking it.

You know what really ticked me off was slow realization that every pose I had in mind for him turned out to be impossible due to either restricted joints or various fragilities. Dont be showing us all these crazy poses that the figure cannot do IRL! Its just cruel. And its kind of false advertising. We were sold a big old bill of goods with Cody that no way could he ever measure up to. And its not his fault.

I will be super careful of him because he's beautiful. That's the one thing HT did not fib about.

“Commander” Rex. :naughty

1A6E903E-0DE4-4EF1-810A-C1AA6AA642DA.jpeg

Very NICE Coco, looks great!
Also like the taller rock formations in the base. So what do you think about the green weathering. It doesn't seem as severe in your photo?

Very NICE Coco, looks great!
Also like the taller rock formations in the base. So what do you think about the green weathering. It doesn't seem as severe in your photo?

I think his weathering and color look completely fine. To me he just appears more battle worn next to the other 501st.
E08B7300-4C5E-4430-ACCC-2C34AA00DB1F.jpeg

Don't talk about Cody's body like that. He's going to get self conscious.

I feel for potatoes, though. This is why as great as the Cody headsculpt is, I wouldn't be able to sleep well with the helmet in hand pose knowing it might fall. Even with the use of museum putty or something.
@MyenShi and @Ramatuelle yeah I should have read the Cody forum more closely. I kept wanting him to hold his helmet. I never thought to take off all of his "fragile" attachments first and then reattach after posing. I also had not thought about museum putty--but that's just something I am learning from you guys through the forums.

@RandomHero I swear the pose above was one I had done several times before, but with a slight push on the elbow inward towards his body, I felt his shoulder just snap so quickly. I didn't even push that hard. First time that has ever happened with any of the hot toys I have bought over the last decade or so.

do you just have to sort of force the pistol into this hands? Cant get him to hold it properly due too how stuff the hands are.

And I am scared of the paint rub

do you just have to sort of force the pistol into this hands? Cant get him to hold it properly due too how stuff the hands are.

And I am scared of the paint rub
Others have advised me to use a hair dryer very lightly to soften the plastic, and then place the gun in there when loose, and then it should firm up shortly. You just need the handle part to get in the thumb pad and you can wiggle it in. Good luck!

I dont see the problem with Rex's coloration. If you had a bunch of soldiers irl, would they not have maybe some new pieces here and there, someone has new BDU whike his buddy is stubbornly clinging to his kind of shabby BDU because its "lucky"? I would imagine you would have all ages of armor and other gear as people replace stuff damaged in battle or lost, looking at any group of soldiers.

So Rex has had that armor for a while. Its comfy and he has it customized how he wants? it adds realism imo.

Just opened my Captain Rex and I love it. I thought it was going to take longer to get it from sideshow but I’m really happy that it got here sooner than later.

I’ll leave a picture here next to Cody.
another poor soul with Cody's broken antenna haha.

Not sure what you mean. The antenna is there lol

it's supposed to have a bended shape on top of the antenna attached to Cody's helmet, you'd probably didn't notice but it's really broken, same as mine.

DarkChocobi is correct; they’re referring to the tip of the antenna. It has an extremely, ridiculously, infuriatingly fragile piece attached at the end that appears to be missing on yours.

CE88DE2E-CD86-4DBF-B14A-B6C2E387A313.jpeg

Both @DarkChocobi and @potatoes212 have sadly had it break off. (My sincere sympathies and condolences to all of you.) It’s unfortunate because having the helmet in hand pose is popular with the quality of the head sculpt, but comes at a big risk.

I recommend museum puttying the helmet to the figure in that pose for peace of mind, for anyone out there with still intact antennas. But I personally don’t display him that way for fear of it breaking. The helmet on my Cody is securely attached to his… also sadly somewhat fragile body.

Poor Cody.

5ACE8C94-0ED0-48EA-B361-E7DE502CCD35.jpeg

It’s funny and sad because the artist didn’t draw the antenna tip so it looks like Cody is distraught about losing it. At least he still has his arm here.

While it would drive me crazy to not have it on the helmet, I don’t blame @ObiGlennKenobi for leaving the antennas in the box.

Hot Toys really should’ve splurged the couple cents extra per figure to make every antenna on the figure diecast.

Last edited:
Back