Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.
Also I don’t mean to sound like Cody is a crap figure. The colors and design are amazing. The fidgetiness of that light-up arm as well as the exposed wrist joint was a let down.
Are you thinking about getting a 501st? I will only have Rex but debating getting a 501st DLX.

After seeing the improvements they did with the 501st, Coruscant Guard and Rex, Cody is a bit of a letdown, when it comes down to the articulation and movements he can make.

Like you said, that left arm is a damn disaster.

Doesn't take away how good Cody looks though, but he is a bit more limited compared to the 3 new clones we've gotten.
Yeah, I just got rex, and having Cody beside him you can tell the body is crap the way his arms sit is extremely unnatural compared to rex or any of the clones after.

Are you thinking about getting a 501st? I will only have Rex but debating getting a 501st DLX.
initially I thought about getting 2 but kept it to just Cody & Rex. I really want an Umbara(?) Arc Trooper, may pick up Jesse for a repaint.
After seeing the improvements they did with the 501st, Coruscant Guard and Rex, Cody is a bit of a letdown, when it comes down to the articulation and movements he can make.

Doesn't take away how good Cody looks though, but he is a bit more limited compared to the 3 new clones we've gotten.
I picked up a Coruscant Guard body in hopes to figure out a swap/fix for Cody’s failing limb. Will be a while before I can tinker with that.

Soooo, after reading this I have felt the same way as all here. I also dropped his helmet on accident, and snapped off the sharp corner on his helmet antennae. Then on top of that, I actually dislocated his shoulder that has the strange arm on it...I did not feel like I was forcing his arm and it just snapped. I feel so bad as he is becoming a bit of an outcast in regards to the better build of the newer clones.

Yeah I'd be interested in that too. I remember Sideshow had an angled hand for some weapons like that. That's too high tech for Hot Toys who probably just take existing Star Trooper hands and mod them for Clones.

Do they fit to the actual weapons the Clones have......ummm didn't check that.......
@Jammyjr @Hoody999 ...so I took a tip from someone in the Coruscant Guard thread...they said that he has hands that will actually hold the repeater. They do so pretty well and they look like this:
IMG_0644.jpg

palpatine-star-wars.gif

Soooo, after reading this I have felt the same way as all here. I also dropped his helmet on accident, and snapped off the sharp corner on his helmet antennae. Then on top of that, I actually dislocated his shoulder that has the strange arm on it...I did not feel like I was forcing his arm and it just snapped. I feel so bad as he is becoming a bit of an outcast in regards to the better build of the newer clones.

This was just depressing to read, it just worse as you kept reading lol.

The antennas on Cody have been a problem and Hot Toys should of given us backups, Cody is the only figure I'm super careful with when I repose him or move him around. I take off everything that I can, including the jetpack.

I love seeing HT give us almost perfect bodies with our new clones but poor Cody is left out. It is a good thing he still looks pretty on the shelf.

View attachment 545739
"What are your orders General?"

@SOU7567 sadly...this was the pose I achieved while his shoulder snapped, and yeah I can hear something "rattling around" inside his body. I just feel awful.

Back to Rex and Cody, these head sculpts are too good to keep in the box! Love these clones!

Beautiful.

Cody is so pretty. And for that i overlook his considerable fragility.

I really feel like i need to buy Rex to go with him. LikE if i dont im gonna regret it later.

I wish those little bases had come with these figures. Theyre neat.

Beautiful.

I really feel like i need to buy Rex to go with him. LikE if i dont im gonna regret it later.

Rex really is one of the best made clones- updated body and fantastic accessories- you won’t regret picking him up. Unless they start making more troopers to go with Cody, then I feel like he will be a stand-alone. I also was not prepared for how fragile that right arm of his really is.

lastly I wish we had more custom bases rather than the typical rectangle stand. I think I got one of them from Jedi- Master Luke, and the other from the first Dark Trooper Run.

My Rex and 501st will arrive today, I hope.

Post pics if you can!
Beautiful.

My bias aside for Troopers and Clone Wars related merch...Rex is a fantastic figure and will probably be in the running for figure of the year.

View attachment 545739
"What are your orders General?"

@SOU7567 sadly...this was the pose I achieved while his shoulder snapped, and yeah I can hear something "rattling around" inside his body. I just feel awful.

Back to Rex and Cody, these head sculpts are too good to keep in the box! Love these clones!
it looks like the top antenna on Cody's helmet was broken, just like mine =]].

it looks like the top antenna on Cody's helmet was broken, just like mine =]].
That happened right when I got mine, along with the shoulder breaking. Managed to get the body and antenna replaced, then the seam on the undersuit on the new body started coming undone. I always feel like I have to handle Cody like he’s a porcelain doll.

This was just depressing to read, it just worse as you kept reading lol.

The antennas on Cody have been a problem and Hot Toys should of given us backups, Cody is the only figure I'm super careful with when I repose him or move him around. I take off everything that I can, including the jetpack.

I love seeing HT give us almost perfect bodies with our new clones but poor Cody is left out. It is a good thing he still looks pretty on the shelf.
Don't talk about Cody's body like that. He's going to get self conscious.

I feel for potatoes, though. This is why as great as the Cody headsculpt is, I wouldn't be able to sleep well with the helmet in hand pose knowing it might fall. Even with the use of museum putty or something.

Don't talk about Cody's body like that. He's going to get self conscious.

I feel for potatoes, though. This is why as great as the Cody headsculpt is, I wouldn't be able to sleep well with the helmet in hand pose knowing it might fall. Even with the use of museum putty or something.

I am terrified of Cody's helmet and thats why its at his feet. I may brace one of his feet on it to switch his pose up.

It looks like Rex's helmet has fewer little greeblies on it, which is appreciated.

@Darth KirBayBey TW posted Rex and the Tusken out on the same day, 1 week later the Tusken has arrived yesterday but Rex is still sitting in a HK depot somewhere.

It really is a shame to see so many people having problems with Cody. I remember being on the verge of tears myself trying to pose that figure. So frustrating. He’s going to be a figure I never touch in fear of breaking it.

It really is a shame to see so many people having problems with Cody. I remember being on the verge of tears myself trying to pose that figure. So frustrating. He’s going to be a figure I never touch in fear of breaking it.

I think it just stands out more after the 501st and now the Coruscant Guard and Rex, the bodies for them are just almost perfect.

Between the antennas, the shoulder and left arm, you have to be careful with Cody.

Back