Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amount of money the SS Fives gets on the secondary market nowadays is insane. I never see myself selling off my Sideshow Fives and Echo, even with their crap bodies.

Fives would sell very well for Hot Toys.
I couldn't either. Even if Hot Toys makes ARC Troopers eventually, I'll still keep the Sideshow ones. There's a lot of sentimental value there.

I couldn't either. Even if Hot Toys makes ARC Troopers eventually, I'll still keep the Sideshow ones. There's a lot of sentimental value there.
I feel like that part of the hobby is lost with many current generation collectors, meaning the sentimental part of collecting. So many are just in for the latest and greatest (which is fine, everyone collects how they want). But there’s something about an older figure that ignited something in you when you purchased it. I still have my original boxed 80s Optimus Prime that will probably go with me to my grave lol

I feel like that part of the hobby is lost with many current generation collectors, meaning the sentimental part of collecting. So many are just in for the latest and greatest (which is fine, everyone collects how they want). But there’s something about an older figure that ignited something in you when you purchased it. I still have my original boxed 80s Optimus Prime that will probably go with me to my grave lol
Excellent posts. As you can tell from my join date, I've been around this forum for quite some time. I've been in the hobby significantly longer. I still have some older figures, a number being 20 years old or even older, that would be some of the last figures to get sold off or given away. They just capture a certain time that brings back some good memories, be it in the hobby and/or in life, in general.

Something that does the same is revisiting old threads, especially when acquiring or working/upgrading an older figure or just to "borrow" poses. I can remember those conversations and the fun we had with our posts.

Excellent posts. As you can tell from my join date, I've been around this forum for quite some time. I've been in the hobby significantly longer. I still have some older figures, a number being 20 years old or even older, that would be some of the last figures to get sold off or given away. They just capture a certain time that brings back some good memories, be it in the hobby and/or in life, in general.

Something that does the same is revisiting old threads, especially when acquiring or working/upgrading an older figure or just to "borrow" poses. I can remember those conversations and the fun we had with our posts.
Couldn’t of said it better :clap speaking to how certain posts make you remember old conversations, that happened recently with me when Karamazov mentioned TheNamMagazine. I was instantly transported back to the old days of this place :lol

Back to the figure at hand- I finally watched Jedha’s review last night, and wow Rex does look impressive. I’ve got $100 worth of RPs over at Alter Ego with notifications on in case this guy comes back in stock over there once it arrives.

Last edited:
Looks like final payment is on 10-25 so he should be shipped sooner than later hopefully. But you never know of course with the shipping/fulfillment process.

Sideshow is doing unsealed and revealed. It’s happening! It’s actually happening 🤣

I'll have to remind myself to watch this later. Should give a good laugh or 2.

Hopefully we see some processing e-mails next week.

Got the payment request from TBA for the second batch; surprised it came so fast after release.

haven't got mine yet but not too bothered. i don't mind waiting for my wages to actually be credited to my account before another invoice hits :p

He struggled so hard to do that flying pose and it looked like utter garbage.

On the unsealed they did say Rex will be shipping this month.

But looks like it might be a small batch, probably the Day 1 orders or something, those whose didn't receive the delayed emails a few weeks back.

Back