Hot Toys Spider-Man: No Way Home - 1/6th scale Spider-Man (final suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In spite of the costume similarities each figure will read very differently, IMO.

The Classic is a perfect comic Spidey. It really pops and it's very clean, with adult proportions vs. the boyish ones on the Holland versions.

This new one looks great but it still has a slighter build -- advantage: it will look more in line and realistic next to other MCU figures. If I could have only one I'd still pick the Classic. I doubt the other one is any more poseable or durable. I've been able to push Classic Spidey pretty far posing-wise and I'm satisfied. It's not perfect by any means in that regard but the Holland ones are no better.

I also don't care about the head sculpt -- I'd never use it.

Lot to think about - I'm gonna pro/con this....
I currently have the Toys Era Fiend & Dr Ock, Jazzinc Vulture, Hot Toys Mysterio to go with the Spidey of my choice....

Classic Suit
Pro:
- cheaper - got it in the Black Fri sale for $200
- more accessories - phone, newspaper, scorpion tail
- will arrive immediately
- as classic a look as it gets
- vivid colours

Con:
- diorama piece looks a little cheaper (is this the case?)
- suit material might be bad for poses (any experiences?)
- disconnect between face and hands having raised webs vs the suit
- no actor head sculpt likeness (would i use it?)

New Suit
Pro:
- like the colour and metallic sheen to the suit
- classic design with slightly modern aesthetic
- really good actor likeness/sculpt (might not use it as often as masked head but the option might be nice)
- the diorama looks more high quality
- the suit looks more cohesive than the Classic spidey no partly raised, partly flat parts of the costume

Con:
- A LOT more expensive for the version with diorama ($145) and ($80) for the standard
- will be nearly 2 years away
- less accessories (though I am not overly bothered by the scorpion tail tbh - unless people have very positive things to say)

Unknown:
- suit material and poseability - do we know the type of material? How do we think it will compare to Classic Spidey?

Any thoughts? Anything people would add?
Personally, I'd have a MCU Spidey to go with the film villains, as I think it matches better. The movie and comic/video game looks are very different.

I do like the new suit a lot, but it doesn't have any emotional resonance yet as it's been on screen for about one minute. However, it does seem that you are leaning towards a comic looking Spidey, so this new suit probably ticks the box. My only (slight) gripe with the new suit is the spider on the back which isn't even remotely comic accurate, but I took it as MCU Spidey seeing it on Tobey and Andrew's suits and adopting a version of it.

The good news is that you have 1.5-2 years to make up your mind, wait to see what the production version and possibly find it on sale. You don't need to pre-order Hot Toys, especially MCU ones, so take your time with the decision.

I’ve always thought the Holland sculpts have been terrific (have they really all been one? I thought they had done at least three unique) but this is on the next level.
They’ve done more than one sculpt but since Far From Home they’ve used the same sculpt for every figure until now: upgraded suit, black and gold suit, integrated suit, and battling version (but that version’s half-masked).

June 2024 will you even care by then lol

When is the next Spiderman movie or next Spiderman appearance in somebody else's movie? If it's anything between this release or close after it and it has a better look, well, that's another thing to think about.

I like both this and the classic spidey. I don't know which one I like better, just slightly different styles. I think I could interchange them in my shelf, though the head sculpt does separate it if that is what you are looking for.

I have the the classic one and I do really like it... but it definitely has a very rubbery look to it. If it the suit were made from fabric like the Scarlet Spider it'd be very close to perfect.

As for this one, it looks great and I want it... but I don't know. Between the long wait time and that we'll probably see a slightly tweaked/updated version in another movie before this figure even releases has me holding off for now.

When is the next Spiderman movie or next Spiderman appearance in somebody else's movie? If it's anything between this release or close after it and it has a better look, well, that's another thing to think about.
I think tom holland renewed for at least 1 more film, he may be trying to avoid multi-film commitments now. I'm only guessing but I would say 2025 or 2026 for next spiderman film. he may cameo here and there for some easy money though.

I have the PS4 Spidey like most in this thread but that doesn’t compare to this suit the more I see pics of this guy.

It’s such a shame this costume only got seconds on screen and we’ll have to wait years to see Tom in it again. It’s live-action perfection.

I have the PS4 Spidey like most in this thread but that doesn’t compare to this suit the more I see pics of this guy.

It’s such a shame this costume only got seconds on screen and we’ll have to wait years to see Tom in it again. It’s live-action perfection.

They'll probably change the suit again in some way and this figure won't be accurate.

Oh man, this thing is beautiful. How many of you guys are tempted to sell your Tech Suit version to get this?

Man, I’m considering it. 😓

Neck looks slightly funky in the first slide...
I think it’s a thing a person is going to have to fiddle with to get the webbing aligned and as flush as possible.

Has to be for the rolling eyes anyway.
I don’t have any experience with figures like that. When the eyes are adjusted through the bottom of the head, do the heads typically attach to the neck just with a magnet?

Last edited:
Back