Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently got some Empire gear (gloves, chestbox). Need to take some better shots though.

View attachment 327918

Awesome shot! :clap

In hand I thought it was incredible - it hangs really well and is a solid black.

A few people have said it was a big improvement over the HT ANH cape (which I've never had in-hand.) I do remember people hated the ANH inner robe (wires,) not sure if people had as big of an issue with the HT ANH cape, but matrix69 - a bit of a Vaderphile - I think replaced his HT ANH capes with the custom iforigno capes.

The RO Vader cape seems to be a similar fabric to the iforigno ones, but a deeper black (the iforigno ones are more a dark charcoal than black.) The HT RO cape weighs a lot because it seems to be a blend with that lycra-type material.

I've never had the R1 cape in hand, but I really like the ANH cape. I like the material; has a nice weight to it and drapes well. Before the R1 Vader released, I recall many people saying that they thought the ANH Vader cape was one of the better capes HT has done, which I would agree. That one and BvS Superman I think are HT's best stock capes.

In hand I thought it was incredible - it hangs really well and is a solid black.

A few people have said it was a big improvement over the HT ANH cape (which I've never had in-hand.) I do remember people hated the ANH inner robe (wires,) not sure if people had as big of an issue with the HT ANH cape, but matrix69 - a bit of a Vaderphile - I think replaced his HT ANH capes with the custom iforigno capes.

The RO Vader cape seems to be a similar fabric to the iforigno ones, but a deeper black (the iforigno ones are more a dark charcoal than black.) The HT RO cape weighs a lot because it seems to be a blend with that lycra-type material.
Thanks for the in-depth answer! I think I might go for a RO robe then.

Do the RO robe and ANH cape clash at all when placed on a figure? Does the appearance of the material, shade of black, and so forth differ noticeably between the two?

I'd go for the R1 cape. Can't go wrong. Is heavy and falls more naturally than one with wire in the ends. Considering so many people raved about the R1 cape says a lot.

Thanks for the in-depth answer! I think I might go for a RO robe then.

Do the RO robe and ANH cape clash at all when placed on a figure? Does the appearance of the material, shade of black, and so forth differ noticeably between the two?

R1 cape and ANH inner robe

IMG_1843.jpg

AND cape and R1 inner robe

IMG_1930.jpg

Sideways but its 3:30 am and I couldn't fall back to sleep. It is what it is.

Pain in my neck, but looks great :wink1:

Good one, And thanks for the compliments to the others. Im not the hugest fan on the pleats on the R1 inner tunic though it's not terribly noticeable BUT it is nce in that it's a tiny bit bigger ( wider) and so fits better accross the back and so comes together closer in front. The ANH one is almost as if it's a size too small. I will probably end up using double tape on the ANH one to keep it more in place where I want it on the armor.

Saw this figure at a local collectable store displayed. One word.......Specimen. Incredible. Look forward to ESB/ROTJ thats were I'll be making my purchase. And the ANH with the hands.....HA ha ha ha HAAAAA!!!

Quick question, for anyone who owns this. What are the foot pegs like? I am planning to upgrade my Sideshow ROTJ Vader with the Rogue One body and chest armor.

But the Sideshow foot pegs are not the normal ball joint. They look more like the earlier predator foot pegs.

Just got him in last week. :) I loved the ANH Vader, but this one is even better. They refined chest boxes and the cloak is so much better, and the new hands are great. I had to pick him up off Popcultcha since SSC was sold out/waitlisted. The price was just a little bit over retail but not much and way cheaper than eBay. Took a little longer being shipped to the USA, but he was securely boxed up. I had never bought from them before, but i was happy :) I will buy from them again if i have to.

View attachment 327091

Same here! Popcultcha was great to deal with! I had skipped the ANH version because I have the Sideshow deluxe EX version. Just couldn't resist this one though! What a beast in hand!! They still have them in stock, get it while you can!!!!

Vader arrived at the weekend! Very happy with him, super cool figure. Can't get over the cape! the material is incredible.

I wanted to swap out a few parts, so I've added a few bits and bobs from Sideshow Vader - had them ready and waiting from Toy Anxiety for when Vader arrived. I have swapped out the codpiece (big improvement!) and also because I'm a magpie and I like the lights I have added the light up belt and chest box. I tried putting the batteries into the standard hot toys belt but gave up after 20 minutes... those things are insanely awkward. I've got the ANH robe on the way so will give that a go when it arrives. Anyway - Heres some pictures!

IMG_3172_zpsdigmkh7x.jpg

IMG_3183_zpsmpqgqxid.jpg

IMG_3182_zpsu58z5rqu.jpg

IMG_3177_zpsw1tbynci.jpg

IMG_3168_zpshxfcc5ib.jpg

Looks great. Vader is thinking, "If only I could find some gloves that had vertical lines like my suit, and damn this widow's peak."

Just lifting up the helmet a tad would I think give it more of that ESB feel, even with the existence of a widow's peak. I'm just not sure that's a mod I would really want to do, given what a pain it would be to put back for his RO/ANH look.

I have never owned a Vader figure before and I think this is going to be my first one. I want a good starting point for a "pinnacle 1/6 Vader" on my shelf and after everything I have read, this guy seems to be it.

Back