Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got him in last week. :) I loved the ANH Vader, but this one is even better. They refined chest boxes and the cloak is so much better, and the new hands are great. I had to pick him up off Popcultcha since SSC was sold out/waitlisted. The price was just a little bit over retail but not much and way cheaper than eBay. Took a little longer being shipped to the USA, but he was securely boxed up. I had never bought from them before, but i was happy :) I will buy from them again if i have to.

IMG_1241.JPG

Can anyone confirm the limited articulation on Vader's arms please? On my figure he has sideways movement at the shoulder but can't really bend his arms straight forward upwards at the shoulder. Is this a deliberate limitation? Thanks!

Seriously, someone just needs to put the ethics aside and recast them. I grabbed a set awhile back for around $40. $125 is just insane.

$125 for the gloves?!?! Seriously? The whole figure is $250. SMH

and people complain that its HTs who is jacking up prices, but really i blame the collectors and the secondary market who are re-selling these figures or parts way over retail prices and people do buy them. :vader

I'm sure someone out there will be making re-casts of these soon. There's an opportunity for making a decent living from doing so, judging by the demand and lack of supply.

I confess, I purchased a set of gloves for $90 on eBay. I want to have the definitive version of Star Wars Vader and having my ANH Vader modded by Jazzinc and will add the gloves to it. Seen the fact that RO Vader is sold out everywhere and that Hot Toys is not likely to make a second version of ANH Vader with improved gloves, this seems to be the only way to make the ANH Vader as screen accurate as possible.

Please, can you tell me where could I find the cod piece (ANH) for replacing the R1 one?

They come up form time to time on eBay or Toy Anxiety, but hopefully wastetimecontinuum casts his custom one - it's more accurate than either of the HT ones.

And to be fair, the HT RO codpiece is accurate to the movie.

Back