Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, the second batch will also include a full lightsaber with both hilt and blade ^^

It does come with the blade. Although could be considered a spoiler, which is why it's not listed on the figure. The same was with the Rey figure. She wasn't shown with a lightsaber at all.

It does come with the blade. Although could be considered a spoiler, which is why it's not listed on the figure. The same was with the Rey figure. She wasn't shown with a lightsaber at all.
Initially Rey wasn't shown with a lightsaber, but after the film release Hot Toys updated with new pics and info.

Initially Rey wasn't shown with a lightsaber, but after the film release Hot Toys updated with new pics and info.

That's what I'm saying. The accessory list will probably be updated for this one but the actual product contains both hilt and blade.

I foresee a whole crap load of Vader's entering the market after seeing this movie.

There was several kids at my showing. It's cool that they get to see this Vader on the big screen. Saying that the only Vader I've seen at the cinema is Ep III Vader...

So it was great for me to see this Vader too. :D

There was several kids at my showing. It's cool that they get to see this Vader on the big screen. Saying that the only Vader I've seen at the cinema is Ep III Vader...

You have been redeemed.

Imagine seeing Vader IV and V in the cinema for the first time.

Watched the movie again and the robes are indeed over the armor at all times. The HT figure must have been based on one of the suits that didn't make it into the movie, but just some promo images. Kind of disappointed about that, but regardless it still looks great as is. And at least a member here showed us it's possible to put them over the armor. I think for now when I get the figure I'm going to leave it as is, but if they announce an ESB or ROTJ at some point, then change it to over chest armor.

Well judging by the shot below, there WAS some filming that took place with the tunic under the armor, so it was likely something that was changed in post-production, when Edwards decided he wanted a more consistent ANH look after all and had the tunic CG'd over the armor. And that kind of thing is pretty routine in movies now anyway (and Lucas certainly did a ton of it with the prequels).

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-7beec930534ee1d8.jpg

In my opinion it looks much better under the armor anyway.
Well judging by the shot below, there WAS some filming that took place with the tunic under the armor, so it was likely something that was changed in post-production, when Edwards decided he wanted a more consistent ANH look after all and had the tunic CG'd over the armor. And that kind of thing is pretty routine in movies now anyway (and Lucas certainly did a ton of it with the prequels).

View attachment 310849

Yeah, I noticed the even went as far as keeping the ANH Vader voice. I didnt like at first, doesnt sound as menacing, but i see why they did it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Yeah, i went with my son and he gushed after he saw him in that infamous scene.

I much prefer the tunic over the armor. I just think it looks better, aesthetically-speaking. Also, that's the first Vader I saw, so I was a tad disappointed that they changed the look for him the first time I saw ESB.

Maybe Hot Toys will switch the tunic for Batch 2...?

I much prefer the tunic over the armor. I just think it looks better, aesthetically-speaking. Also, that's the first Vader I saw, so I was a tad disappointed that they changed the look for him the first time I saw ESB.

Maybe Hot Toys will switch the tunic for Batch 2...?

You can easily change it yourself I'm sure.

Yeah, I noticed the even went as far as keeping the ANH Vader voice. I didnt like at first, doesnt sound as menacing, but i see why they did it.

Can't say I really noticed anything with the voice, although Jones thankfully did sound more like Vader here than he does in Rebels.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back