Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much room is there between R1 Vader's head and the ceiling/floor of the next Detolf level ? Looks pretty tight.

I think there might be about an inch in between, although I'm not home at the moment to measure. I know every time I remove it from the detolf I have to remember not to bang the head on the LED strip I have over it.

Don't use the stand. It's always close enough to ceiling every time with Vader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can it stands ok without the stand?

Yeah it can, and normally I wouldn't bother with a support if I don't need one... but this is still a fairly heavy figure so I don't want to take the risk of it falling and the helmet getting damaged or scratched up in some way (or worse yet, losing one of the silver tusks in my carpet).

Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a Rogue One Vader right hand, any one will do. I have a couple of lefts from this and can trade one for a right if someone is looking for a left hand.
Send me a PM!

I also tried to emulate the 1/4 scale Iron Studios pose. Still a work in progress
IMG_8598.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a few of us have posted pics of it that way and it definitely helps minimize the size of the codpiece. Although I still find the puffiness of it a bit distracting so switched to the ANH codpiece which I'm a whole lot happier with:

View attachment 319936

Beautiful shot. I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but why is the circular part of the "buckle" black instead of silver like the rest of it? I don't remember it being like that in the movie.

Beautiful shot. I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but why is the circular part of the "buckle" black instead of silver like the rest of it? I don't remember it being like that in movie.

On the figure it's painted silver but from a few angles it looks black.

Beautiful shot. I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but why is the circular part of the "buckle" black instead of silver like the rest of it? I don't remember it being like that in movie.

Technically it should appear as a machined piece of metal with circular grains, but the toy has a much more metallic chrome-like finish so it reflects dark as well as light without much in between.

Has anyone tried dulling down the gloves from this figure ? I've thought about trying a coat of satin black followed by a coat of Matt sealer.

Yeah I think either hitting it with some dullcoat or painting them a flat black (like Jazz did in his tutorial videos with his ANH gloves) might help give it more of that leathery look. In fact I'm tempted to try spraying the bodysuit with some dullcoat as well, as I'm not crazy about how glossy that is either.

Has anyone tried dulling down the gloves from this figure ? I've thought about trying a coat of satin black followed by a coat of Matt sealer.

Yeah I think either hitting it with some dullcoat or painting them a flat black (like Jazz did in his tutorial videos with his ANH gloves) might help give it more of that leathery look. In fact I'm tempted to try spraying the bodysuit with some dullcoat as well, as I'm not crazy about how glossy that is either.

Yeah, like the sculpts but the gloved hands look very plasticky, not really looking like shiny leather. Interested to see if someone tries the dulling.

And davejames, yeah the suit has the same glossy licorice look as the ANH but do a small test area on the back first. I'd be worried that the dullcote will either not dry properly, or might crack as you move the fig. I sprayed a jumpsuit years ago and it looked great for a short while, then I noticed it was flaking in places.

Back