Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both and they are the same. The ANH version has a small clear section that enters the hilt. Most likely to allow the red led light to get through the blade. That is the only difference. Since the RO does not light up they could have used a more solid red blade vs the translucent red one that looks pink when it is unlit.

Well that's disappointing. I'm glad I found out before buying one off of eBay. I was hoping that the ANH version was a darker shade of red. Oh well. Thanks for the info Wchow.

Well that's disappointing. I'm glad I found out before buying one off of eBay. I was hoping that the ANH version was a darker shade of red. Oh well. Thanks for the info Wchow.

No problem. Here's a quick picture... ANH is on the bottom.

This RO is technically sporting SS ROTJ robes, gloves, codpiece,and boxes, but the pics seemed relevant to discussion. The CCFL sabers are a bit thick, better scaled to 1/4 scale IMO. But they are impressive nonetheless:

20170128_203857_LLS-1_zpsrsiyyxg5.jpg
20170128_203141_LLS-1_zpssnndmhra.jpg
20170128_202029_LLS-1_zpsv85sdmxj.jpg

I'm probably sure it's the lighting but it almost looks like the RO is actually darker than the ANH one. Crying shame they couldn't look as red as SSC's one.

Yeah I think you're right....looking at them again the ANH is a touch lighter. Makes it easier to illuminate I suppose.

Can the RO's belt be put over his "space underwear" so the latter doesn't appear quite as diaper-like?
It's hard to get it a tad over on the sideshow cod which is a lot thinner so I'm going to say no as I'm not going to try and in turn break my belt

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Can the RO's belt be put over his "space underwear" so the latter doesn't appear quite as diaper-like?

Yeah a few of us have posted pics of it that way and it definitely helps minimize the size of the codpiece. Although I still find the puffiness of it a bit distracting so switched to the ANH codpiece which I'm a whole lot happier with:

20170129_102108 (720x1200).jpg

Got notification my Vader should ship out tomorrow. I wasn't going to get this one and wait for an ESB version, but had no luck scoring the gloves separately for my ANH version and thought stuff it, you can't have too many Vaders and he can share his gloves with his slightly order self.

Back