Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never understood the hype for this figure. To me it just doesn't really fit the imperial vibe of the OT. Cool for people who like the design I guess but I didn't want it at retail and sure don't want it for what it goes for now.

I never understood the hype for this figure. To me it just doesn't really fit the imperial vibe of the OT. Cool for people who like the design I guess but I didn't want it at retail and sure don't want it for what it goes for now.

It is a really neat armor though, the rifle and A good stance stance has great shelf presence and the cloth/armor is a really great look.
I also believe there are a large number of completists for the R1 line driving this and K-2so into the stratosphere for prices.

There was one on eBay for something like $800 and I was thinking of pulling the trigger, but someone else did as it sold today.

Really hope we get a new Shoretrooper, like the squad leader, so we aren't forced to pay eBay prices for the current one just to have a Shoretrooper in our collection.

I bought one at retail to check out and was very impressed (though wasn't crazy about the slight yellow tint).

Sold it as I wasn't sure I wanted to collect Rogue One. I've since gone pretty much all in and would buy it again in a heart beat. Hopefully they consider releasing one of the grunts, that would be good enough.

As a rule I don't think any figure is worth double what it retailed for.

I wish Hot Toys would notice second market prices and rerelease it and offer both other variants while they are at it.

I wish Hot Toys would notice second market prices and rerelease it and offer both other variants while they are at it.

This would be great. Maybe they will make their way into S2 of Mandalorian as the Death Troopers did? Love my Shoretrooper, as it is the most Commando-Like of the troopers on my shelf. The one with the Kama would be welcome.

I have one of these and one death trooper. How the hell was I asleep at the wheel on these? I wish I bought multiples of both. Hot toys should definitely revisit this and and release the tank commander too.

This would be great. Maybe they will make their way into S2 of Mandalorian as the Death Troopers did? Love my Shoretrooper, as it is the most Commando-Like of the troopers on my shelf. The one with the Kama would be welcome.

Not too confident we'll see this particular design in The mandalorian season 2. Cassian next year though...

Possibly the most valuable HT Star Wars figure out there? Love it, easily my favourite figure.

I think a lot of us are hoping for a re-release of this and K-2 when the Cassian series drops. I can see K-2 for sure as he's in the series, but unless the Shoretroopers make an appearance...IDK. Not as likely to see a re-release.

Last edited:
With prices as they are and still climbing, I'd think a re-release of some kind is inevitable.

But it might be a different variant off of a character from Mandalorian.

There?s other ranks they can easily release so it?s not even really a reissue. This would please most I feel. C?mon hot Toys

HT had teased a grunt and another Shoretrooper. There would have been three in all. But like the Mudtrooper, Tank Trooper and Range Trooper, it never came to be.

I imagine ebay prices are the best indicator for a company like HT. Better than petitions. It shows demand and interest in a financial way.

Not sure what is holding them back from re-releasing them... but given the corona-world, more re-releases are likely from HT like the ESB Vader.

$650-$700 is ridiculous enough. If some are paying that much, there must be many more willing to pay $239-$267.

Maybe there's a reason HT can't make RO stuff anymore. Maybe the license for that movie has moved to the Disney Vault and won't be available again for 7 years. :dunno

Did someone say Shoretroopers? Not to rub salt in the wounds or anything. But it is my favorite trooper design and the only figure I have multiples of. Got them all at retail. Even with the current prices I cannot bring myself to sell one! If they ever released the other variants I am sure I would.
c042fd3605a1f432afe005fd11430403.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back