Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoretroopers. Got to have that neat four skwad number.

kQiiwrL.jpg

Last edited:
I had passed on this guy in hopes they were making the other version shown. Wasn't crazy about the bright blue (still not) and would've rather had one of those regular white colored versions, or even the Trank Trooper. But obviously HT never made them :(

shoretrooper_star-wars_gallery_5c4d9aefac898 (1).jpg

HT Shoretrooper reg.jpg

Oh Hot Toys.... Why oh why do you leave money on the table... :slap :gah:

One of the reasons that people are willing to pay what HT is asking for a figure is the knowledge that it?s potentially an investment. For HT to rerelease every figure that go for a lot more on the secondary market would unfortunately not be a good business strategy. I?m sure that?s why we mostly see rereleases when there?s a good excuse for it, like the deathtroopers showing up in The Mandalorian.

Nice squads HokieTwo & HypnoBrett!
I picked mine up on sale at my LCS the month he sold out. They figured nobody is buying him so let?s drop the price. *Swoop*
Also there was a Freak that removed the paint on one of his to make the grunt if I remember correctly.

I only have one figures that has jumped in price (Yondu), though I'm not sure it's to the degree of the Shoretooper, those were just massively underproduced. Probably the most expensive HT Star Wars figure.

In general it's nice to know that there's some price stability so that if you sell something you might have the chance to buy it again.

Rogue one had increased in popularity as a film since release. Most R1 figures command a high price. The death trooper was similar prices until the Mandalorian version was announced. HT should recognise this and give us the Tanktrooper and Cassian.

Rogue one had increased in popularity as a film since release. Most R1 figures command a high price. The death trooper was similar prices until the Mandalorian version was announced. HT should recognise this and give us the Tanktrooper and Cassian.

Totally agree. While it seems a sure bet the Cassian series will give us one, Disney won't miss a merchandising opportunity and his outfit will surely be different. I really want a Rogue One version to go with Jyn and K2. And a Tank trooper, and Shore Trooper Variants, and (switch movies here) a Range Trooper, and a Mimban Trooper, and...

It is a really neat armor though, the rifle and A good stance stance has great shelf presence and the cloth/armor is a really great look.
I also believe there are a large number of completists for the R1 line driving this and K-2so into the stratosphere for prices.

They certainly aren't for me but I seem to be in the minority. The armor design is sorta ok but the colors are strange and not something that looks like it belongs in ANH, which took place 5 minutes later. Full armor with the exception of exposed brown trousers, baby blue, red, and tan sprayed on? Miami Vice trooper? They also didn't do anything noteworthy on screen. The actual troopers themselves were probably the sons and friends of rich/higher up imperials...would you rather have beach patrol on a base assumed to be 99.99% safe, or one of the other grunts fighting the battles?

I'm just surprised at the price folks are willing to pay for this is all. But as has been said, all the Rogue One HT have spiked in price.

Back