Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say this for it, one of my all time favorite pics from this forum is of this figure. Somewhere in this thread some dude took a fantastic pic of this guy about waist deep in actual swamp water:)

I will say this for it, one of my all time favorite pics from this forum is of this figure. Somewhere in this thread some dude took a fantastic pic of this guy about waist deep in actual swamp water:)

Haha !! Wow, that's surreal. I remember that guy, and found this pic yesterday while looking for details on the other Shoretroopers. There were others. Probably way back towards the start of this thread.

T79sYwt.jpg

Haha !! Wow, that's surreal. I remember that guy, and found this pic yesterday while looking for details on the other Shoretroopers. There were others. Probably way back towards the start of this thread.

View attachment 485703

I remember seeing this... nuts. Got that shot though!
Probably one of those that sold for $700... smelling like the local creek :lol

So dumb to talk about "fairness" as it pertains to prices of aftermarket items. The market determines the price, sometimes it goes up, sometimes down with the passage of time. Same goes for real estate, vehicles, etc etc. "Fair" generally speaking is whatever the current going rate is whether you like it or not.

Well you could say that the market price is the fair price. People sometimes ask way over the current market price. Recent ebay sales of the shoretrooper are almost all in the $500-700 range. There happens to be one currently listed at $2K (all the others are less than $900) - so that could be thought of as an "unfair" price. But more generally I'd agree that it is better to forget about "fairness" which has all kinds of connotations and just talk about current market price.

Death star gunner is another figure that’s increased in price recent year. On Ebay it’s been selling around $450. A similar to what happened to the shoretrooper, I believe both sold for $205 at retail. Not that weird since both are unique designs. Holding the thumbs for a rerelease of the captain or a private... :pray:

So dumb to talk about "fairness" as it pertains to prices of aftermarket items. The market determines the price, sometimes it goes up, sometimes down with the passage of time. Same goes for real estate, vehicles, etc etc. "Fair" generally speaking is whatever the current going rate is whether you like it or not.

There was a post on one of the Facebook forums the other day asking mods to delete any sales posts that are asking anything more than the MSRP of a figure because it's unfair and ruins the community.

:rotfl

Well you could say that the market price is the fair price. People sometimes ask way over the current market price. Recent ebay sales of the shoretrooper are almost all in the $500-700 range. There happens to be one currently listed at $2K (all the others are less than $900) - so that could be thought of as an "unfair" price. But more generally I'd agree that it is better to forget about "fairness" which has all kinds of connotations and just talk about current market price.

I see that all the time on eBay and Amazon. Items listed way outside of the value of the item. I can't figure out what's going on there. Are they completely out of touch, don't really want to sell the item, or just hoping for a sucker to come along?

There was a post on one of the Facebook forums the other day asking mods to delete any sales posts that are asking anything more than the MSRP of a figure because it's unfair and ruins the community.

:rotfl

I see that all the time on eBay and Amazon. Items listed way outside of the value of the item. I can't figure out what's going on there. Are they completely out of touch, don't really want to sell the item, or just hoping for a sucker to come along?

I know of people who just puts everything they buy for sale for way over what they?re worth, just if ?a sucker comes along?. You wanna keep it, but if someone wants to pay you 2k for it, then why not [emoji2369] that should be the thought behind the tactics anyways.

Put the price stupid high and either wait for some sucker to buy it or haggle to a more ?reasonable? price that still makes you a profit.

Despite being from a non-episodic film, I actually think this is one of the most intriguing trooper designs in any SW film.

Are there any people who bought this at original cost seeing current prices and thinking of cashing in?
I think I'd be tempted if I had, its a nice figure but it's just a trooper not a specific character like a Krennic or Tarkin.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

its a nice figure but it's just a trooper not a specific character like a Krennic or Tarkin.

Troopers are some of the most iconic designs in Star Wars. I'd probably say the Death Trooper is the most iconic of the Rogue One troopers in terms of memorable moments, but the shoretrooper is definitely up there for their participation in the final act.

Back