Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've skimmed some of this thread and I noticed that there was a complaint of this thing being inaccurate. What were some of the inaccuracies? I don't have an eye for all things Terminator.

EDIT: would the genisys endoskeleton be a better, more accurate alternative?

I've skimmed some of this thread and I noticed that there was a complaint of this thing being inaccurate. What were some of the inaccuracies? I don't have an eye for all things Terminator.

Label_98_fat_free3.JPG

:rotfl
"would the genisys endoskeleton be a better, more accurate alternative?"
You crack me up.
If you can't tell what's accurate or not, just get which ever you like best.

The Genisys Endo is a complete redesign - pretty much no part looks the same as the classic Terminator Endo so if you want a classic Endo the Genisys figure is not a good option.

The inaccuracies with the QS002 probably won't bother you. They're mainly to do with the fact that there were various differences between the Endoskeleton in The Terminator and the endoskeletons in Terminator 2 - this figure purports to be based on the former and yet it has none of the things that were unique to that Endoskeleton - it's more of a mish mash of Terminator 2 and... I dunno, whatever Sideshow reference they were using. Certainly not T1 though. That pissed a lot of us off because hardcore fans want an actual T1 Endoskeleton...and no one is making it.

The Genisys Endo is a complete redesign - pretty much no part looks the same as the classic Terminator Endo so if you want a classic Endo the Genisys figure is not a good option.

The inaccuracies with the QS002 probably won't bother you. They're mainly to do with the fact that there were various differences between the Endoskeleton in The Terminator and the endoskeletons in Terminator 2 - this figure purports to be based on the former and yet it has none of the things that were unique to that Endoskeleton - it's more of a mish mash of Terminator 2 and... I dunno, whatever Sideshow reference they were using. Certainly not T1 though. That pissed a lot of us off because hardcore fans want an actual T1 Endoskeleton...and no one is making it.

Isn't the 1/4 also riddled with QC issues? Most people who already have one said the Genisys endo was a pretty solidly-made figure.

I dunno, is it?

I suppose it has things like the shoulder joints not being strong enough to keep his arms up - a slight knock will make his arms drop when he's holding the rifle. And mine has a minor issue of the back of his head not quite lining up and sitting properly flush on all borders.

I think Snake has/d a permanent finger print on his one...

Other than this stuff?

I dunno, is it?

I suppose it has things like the shoulder joints not being strong enough to keep his arms up - a slight knock will make his arms drop when he's holding the rifle. And mine has a minor issue of the back of his head not quite lining up and sitting properly flush on all borders.

I think Snake has/d a permanent finger print on his one...

Other than this stuff?

I remember reading complaints about the chest pistons snapping off their anchor points. Lots of people complaining about loose joints. I don't think Snake was the only one who had issues with the plated finish either.

I guess what I'm getting at here is if Kardon isn't too fussed about whether their T800 is accurate to T2 or Genisys, they might be better off getting the newer, more stable figure.

Well do you really want a Endo Skeleton from the worst of the movies? The big 1:4 Endo is excellent despite my next piston snapping. It's a proper movie icon. :)

I have zero issues on my 1/4th.
It also is one of the 1st things to catch the eyes of my guests. (other than my bright yellow Bumblebee)

I might be letting this guy go he's mint, been in my display case since I got him. If anyone is interested before he goes to eBay. let me know

It is a great figure indeed, no the most accurate, but still very cool. I painted the lava streams black, now it looks like cracked asphalt, more real for Terminator world

Thinking about picking one of these bad bo... lads, LADS, up. Inaccuracies aside, does it suffer from any QC issues or chronic defects?

Been watching a bunch of YouTube videos, and it seems some of the units have dots or something rust like on the chest and limb areas.

Oh, and feel free to chip in with fresh pics of this machine. Anything to make a brother take the expensive plunge.

Thinking about picking one of these bad bo... lads, LADS, up. Inaccuracies aside, does it suffer from any QC issues or chronic defects?

Been watching a bunch of YouTube videos, and it seems some of the units have dots or something rust like on the chest and limb areas.

Oh, and feel free to chip in with fresh pics of this machine. Anything to make a brother take the expensive plunge.

Ooooh so close, we almost had one!

Yeah the dots and rusty looking bits are normal, as are the lower legs not having the same chrome as the rest of the figure.

There is a common issue with the shoulder rotation being too loose to keep the gun held up - even with the gun being just plastic. It will hold it up but the slightest knock and his arm will drop. If you have the Endo hold the gun two-handed this isn't a problem.

The battery hatch on the head doesn't seal properly on mine, something doesn't line up right. I've also had one of his hands fall off at the wrist. A part is glued and this could come undone but it's an easy enough fix as I recall.

What else....I think Snake Plissken had a permanent fingerprint on his.....

Those are the possible issues I know of.

Ooooh so close, we almost had one!

Yeah the dots and rusty looking bits are normal, as are the lower legs not having the same chrome as the rest of the figure.

Haha, too close, brother, too close.

Regarding the dots and spots, when you say normal, do you mean supposed to be there? Or that it's a normal issue?

If the former, I've learned the figure drew inspiration from both films' endos; are there reference material with those dots distinctly visible?

The shoulder issue I'm not overly worried about, seeing as I'll probably pose him unarmed (and dangerous). Nevertheless, for the price, all the mentioned issues are unacceptable.

I hope it doesn't rust at least?

If the former, I've learned the figure drew inspiration from both films' endos;
it didn't. it has nothing from T1 that would differ from T2. so it "drew inspiration" from old HT skeleton and all Sideshow ugly statues, all of them based on T2 and mixed with lots of mistakes based on Sideshow imagination.

it didn't. it has nothing from T1 that would differ from T2. so it "drew inspiration" from old HT skeleton and all Sideshow ugly statues, all of them based on T2 and mixed with lots of mistakes based on Sideshow imagination.

Whatever you say, bud. Not nearly as well-versed in Terminators as I am Predators. Now, on a more helpful note regarding the figure in question, what's your take on the things we were talking about... issues, spots, rust, reference material?

erm, as i said, this skeleton is highly inaccurate in all shapes, details and paint. i don't know anything about quality issues because i would never buy this outdated piece of HT shame. so i'm a wrong person to ask what exactly good or bad points it has - i see no good ones :)
i'm already sorry i posted this useless post, so read only the part where i say it takes not a single detail from T1 and repeats all mistakes from older HT and lots of SS skeletons.
if you want a skeleton with least mistakes, i guess today a Prime 1 statue is the best, while it has an unfortunately strange skull, its neck hoses go into very wrong places and its belly armor plate is positioned more like T2 instead of T1.
if you want an action figure skeleton that doesn't look stupid, just forget about it.
if you want any action figure skeleton, buy any, they're all equally terrible (gynysys one is at least levels more accurate than classic ones).

Back