Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially, it's silver and black. It's hard to tell on screen because everything is so dark, dirty and Cameron blue, but once you know it has silver accents you can kind of see them.

I remember being amazed back when I first got the ultimate edition DVD and seeing the behind the scenes clip of one of the weapons handlers test firing it and seeing it had silver accents.

Also, it's two-tone in the concept art as well. One thing that differs from art to screen is the under slung barrel. The barrel is shorter on screen, and it doesn't have the useless iron sight. Prop makers and toy manufacturers always seem to make it based on the concept art.

Yeah. Due to the design of the gun, without some form of highlighted areas, it just ends up looking like a giant, black rectangle with some tubes on the end. Especially at smaller scales.

Cool to know, thanks Alice. I always loved how in T2:3D (Battle across time) the endo rifles were practically shiny chrome and black with the laser underneath the barrel.

so now i will know that this cheap, stupid two-colors tapir-ironmeh gun paint scheme that i hated for years was originally in the movie.

67c0ba7766a35a864bbb4ce3146f4e8c.jpg

tapir-08.jpg

thank you, Alice! :mad:

i will always prefer this color scheme:

Terminator-2-Judgment-Day-Phased-Plasma-Rifle-2.jpg

great work on the endo, now it really starts looking like movie skeleton and not some random piece of details!

I had a feeling you wouldn't be a fan of that. (the plasma rifle colours)

yeah it looks dumb. exactly like that new dumb two-colored zebra pseudoskeleton from Gynysys. at least with silver/chrome/steel/anything else that usually is for sale.
as i never went through T2 creation information too deep, i don't even know now if it is really supposed to be silver/chrome/steel or just a bit lighter than black.

i know now. it's not black and steel. it's flat black and scraped gunmetal.

10499899_1.jpg

https://www.icollector.com/Endo-plasma-rifle-from-Terminator-2-Judgment-Day_i10499899

(Carolco, 1991) Futuristic Endo plasma rifle constructed of fiberglass and painted black with silver accents to resemble battle-scarred metal. Designed by Steve Burg, it is constructed from a lightweight dense foam material so that it could be carried by one of the Endo puppets in the future war scenes. The handle is made slightly smaller to facilitate one of the puppets holding it. Measures 32 in. long. A fantastic prop weapon from the film. Includes a LOA from the licensing agency that retained this prop upon completion of the production.

and judging by that image i'd say that factory paint would still be black, but the frame and barrels lose the paint from contacts with body/elbow/grip or shooting plasma rays. that's why some rifles don't look like that and some do.
so i'm all for black stock factory paint, and all that should be done is a light weathering of the frame and barrels, revealing lighter base color.

nothing like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
thank you, Alice! :mad:

:monkey3

as i never went through T2 creation information too deep, i don't even know now if it is really supposed to be silver/chrome/steel or just a bit lighter than black.

i know now. it's not black and steel. it's flat black and scraped gunmetal.

and judging by that image i'd say that factory paint would still be black, but the frame and barrels lose the paint from contacts with body/elbow/grip or shooting plasma rays. that's why some rifles don't look like that and some do.
Buuuut, there's a resistance soldier in the back that looks like he managed to procure a brand new one, and it's definitely silver. Not just weather markings.

800px-T2JDWestinghouse-2.jpg

so i'm all for black stock factory paint

nothing like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

I prefer the black paint too, but it just looks like a black blob if it's all black. I'll basically be weathering this one up to the point that the silver is almost completely dirty/sooty black, but you will still be able to see that it's not all one solid colour.

Buuuut, there's a resistance soldier in the back that looks like he managed to procure a brand new one, and it's definitely silver. Not just weather markings.
attachment.php
definitely.
then the base color is black, with silver cover over it, not the other way around as i supposed.
then it's designer did a terrible paint decision and can go to marvel/lucasfilms and make their zebra ironmeh troopers.

t800_02.jpg

I prefer the black paint too, but it just looks like a black blob if it's all black. I'll basically be weathering this one up to the point that the silver is almost completely dirty/sooty black, but you will still be able to see that it's not all one solid colour.
yeah that will be the best way to fit the screen used weapon.
full gunmetal black with weathering only on edges is forever the best. love the old HT rifle most of all i've seen.

yeah! :clap
a perfect representation of movie color riddle.
i even see the barrel end burnt metal.

Congrats on these awesome mods.
would be cool if Alice you could make some copies of the teeths, jaws?
chest mod parts maybe?

I'm not opposed to the idea, but we'll see how things turn out when those pieces are done.

In related news, saw this tonight. Very well done. Took advantage of the 3D when it was called for, and when it wasn't it was very subtle.

Photo 24-08-2017 23 24 08.jpg

Yeah looks like it's only showing on one day in Ireland aswell - the 29th. A single showing per cinema.

Same here in England, haven't found anywhere that's showing it for more than a single day, single showing at 7:30pm. Shame, if they'd given it a week-long release I'd be setting up a tent at my cinema of choice :lol

When I booked my tickets a month and a half ago it was only playing for one day in most cinemas here except one that was showing it for a week. I wasn't complaining, because it seems like anything anniversary related here only ever gets theatre time in Melbourne or Sydney. I had just moved further away from both of those cities back in 2014 when they had the 30th anniversary showing of T1, which sucked. Just checked, because I was thinking about seeing it again at the one cinema that was showing it for a week, and it looks like all of them have been updated, and are showing it two screenings a day for the next week.

When I booked my tickets a month and a half ago it was only playing for one day in most cinemas here except one that was showing it for a week. I wasn't complaining, because it seems like anything anniversary related here only ever gets theatre time in Melbourne or Sydney. I had just moved further away from both of those cities back in 2014 when they had the 30th anniversary showing of T1, which sucked. Just checked, because I was thinking about seeing it again at the one cinema that was showing it for a week, and it looks like all of them have been updated, and are showing it two screenings a day for the next week.

It'd be pretty cool if it topped the box office for the week. It's honestly been a lousy year for films, the only one I remember enjoying (or remember anything from for that matter) is Dunkirk.

Back