Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, too close, brother, too close.

Regarding the dots and spots, when you say normal, do you mean supposed to be there? Or that it's a normal issue?

Well they were there from day one so I don't think they're a QC issue.

As for actual rust...well, not that I've seen or heard of yet.

I have had it since it was released and I have to say you will never get an articulated 1/4 Endo as good as this. The movement is good and
chrome paint is excellent, it's even got some diecast. Mines as good as the day I bought it 4 years ago, and I would never swap it for a statue even though Im a big statue collector also.

Agreed. It might not be accurate, but it has its qualities, one being the articulation factor. I don't have issues with loose hands or with the battery hatch on the head. A very nice figure

Cheers fellas. Yeah, as a fan of figure posing, sculptures are not really my thing (yet?). So unless there's anything else poseable out there that I've missed, I think this is the thing to get at 1/4-6 scale. Of course the incoming Enterbay BD T-800 and T-1000 aren't making things better. The hunt has begun.

quick question, for those storing this away. would you say its safe if stored without its outer cardboard box?
annoyingly mine had to be kept at family house while I moved to london but parents used the outerbox for something else and kept it stored in just the inner box.

quick question, for those storing this away. would you say its safe if stored without its outer cardboard box?
annoyingly mine had to be kept at family house while I moved to london but parents used the outerbox for something else and kept it stored in just the inner box.

Yeah, why wouldn't it be?

Hey guys,

Im in need of help!

I have 4 big problems with my Endoskeleton, and I hope you guys can help me with them.

I need a guide on how to disassemble the head for trying to repair both neck pistons! They both broke right under the head (small balljoint attached to the rods). Then 1 of the cilinders holding that rod broke off the body.

Red, At the base of the back of the skull there are balljoints that should connect to the pins.
Blue, This is where the pins go into to create the piston effect. I think this was supposed to be attached to a balljoint aswell, but not sure.*
On a unbroken figure you can find them next to the spinalcolon.

If possible, I'd like to have a guide on how to disassemble the knee aswel. Since one of the pistons in the backleg broke.

Yellow parts should connect to eachother,
Orange parts create the Piston effect (, smallest goed into the biggest),
Neongreen is where the piston connects (not damaged)
Purple is to show you which pisont I mean (connects to lower knee "Pitt")

I already tried glueing the parts but they snapped instantly, so I want to try to resort to heavier repaires.

Im sorry for the colorfull message here, but im sadly in desperate need since no one know how to help me.
Could/Would you please be so kind as to help me?

Kind regards,

Rick

Hey guys,

Im in need of help!

I have 4 big problems with my Endoskeleton, and I hope you guys can help me with them.

I need a guide on how to disassemble the head for trying to repair both neck pistons! They both broke right under the head (small balljoint attached to the rods). Then 1 of the cilinders holding that rod broke off the body.

Red, At the base of the back of the skull there are balljoints that should connect to the pins.
Blue, This is where the pins go into to create the piston effect. I think this was supposed to be attached to a balljoint aswell, but not sure.*
On a unbroken figure you can find them next to the spinalcolon.

If possible, I'd like to have a guide on how to disassemble the knee aswel. Since one of the pistons in the backleg broke.

Yellow parts should connect to eachother,
Orange parts create the Piston effect (, smallest goed into the biggest),
Neongreen is where the piston connects (not damaged)
Purple is to show you which pisont I mean (connects to lower knee "Pitt")

I already tried glueing the parts but they snapped instantly, so I want to try to resort to heavier repaires.

Im sorry for the colorfull message here, but im sadly in desperate need since no one know how to help me.
Could/Would you please be so kind as to help me?

Kind regards,

Rick

Hey,
I'm not home until 2 weeks so I can't do pics of mine but here is what I remember.
The skull base is just glued so you need to pry it a bit to open and have access to the neck rod thing.
To fix you just need to find some round beads, glue them on the rods (I would say put glue all over the beads and top of rods to make it more sturdy, no problem if it does not look clean as they will be inside the head).

As for the knees, I think there's a screw cover, you should use the tiniest screwdriver to remove it and get access to the screw.
But then i dunno how the replace the broken rod, unless you make a copy of the non broken one or maybe find something close to that, piston of some sort.
Maybe look at rc car parts.

Oh wait maybe you could use some model kit metal tubbing insert the part that is still attached to the knee, then insert the metal part inside the Piston...
That could definitely work.

I spend a lot of time trying to find the right tubbing to fix the neck rods on mine I ended with the right stuff.

When I'll be home I'll test it and try to get you some pics.

Meanwhile Just leave it be if you have any doubts you could do more harm than good .

Last edited:
I’m thinking about buying one of these. They are pretty overpriced now. Just curious as to how these have held up. I really want a good looking endo. I have the genisys version, but you know, they changed it all up for some reason. I have hopes that Cameron goes back to the original model for the new movie and hot toys releases a 1/6 scale version. However, I won’t hold my breath.

I’m thinking about buying one of these. They are pretty overpriced now. Just curious as to how these have held up. I really want a good looking endo. I have the genisys version, but you know, they changed it all up for some reason. I have hopes that Cameron goes back to the original model for the new movie and hot toys releases a 1/6 scale version. However, I won’t hold my breath.

I've had it since release and in terms of joints tightness and paint everything is minty after all these years. If you try to 'articulate' it frequently then your mileage may vary.

You are correct that hot toys will likely not be revisiting this version of endo for a long time if ever.

I'm really starting to want one of these now as well. I can see some of the inaccuracies people talk about (particularly the size of the teeth), but it's still an incredibly cool and impressive looking figure regardless.

It looks like the cheaper ones are around $600, which isn't much more than what the 1/4 Vader is going for now. But unfortunately I'm already maxed out on orders and customs for the year so will probably have to wait a little longer for this. :(

I'd wait. Bound to be some new terminator merchandise towards the end of the year.

Well, it took me around 4 years, but I finally went ahead and worked on the teeth a little bit.
Obviously the one on the right is the "after" pic.
IMG_1111.JPG

Yup same here. I'm kicking myself for passing up the one on ebay for $600 a couple months ago. Looks like you can't find it for less than $900 these days, and there's no way I'm paying that.

Back