Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine out for a photo shoot a couple months ago

Hot-Toys-Terminator-Endoskeleton-1-4-19.jpg

I?d still love to find one of these at a not crazy price!

Does anybody have any experience with loose knee joints on this figure? Or if they are able to be repaired/tightened?

EDIT: Extra bonus question (since the search feature still seems messed up). When new, does this figure ship with the eye batteries already installed? So would a new/sealed figure be at a risk of leakage...

Yep, the batteries were installed at the factory. I think it had a little plastic tab you could pull out to isolate the connection while new in box.

Battery leakage is a possibility though. Good luck in the search!

Yep, the batteries were installed at the factory. I think it had a little plastic tab you could pull out to isolate the connection while new in box.

Battery leakage is a possibility though. Good luck in the search!

I still have this piece in between them. Still the factory batteries, still good, just shot this with it yesterday, with way more to come. :)

74481232_1165222723668482_7427462072264294400_n.jpg

Also did a review on this. After I did the "right-out-the-theatre"-review, I thought people needed to know how menacing the real terminator can look:

Just be careful with those cell batteries. When they leak, and they will at some point, they can do a lot of damage. At least for AA/AAA batteries you can replace with Panasonic Eneloops, which won't leak, but there is not alternative for cell batteries...

Leaked batteries in collectibles 1.jpg

I've had good success resurrecting damaged electronics after alkaline battery leakage using white vinegar and a cotton bud. The vinegar is acidic, so it neutralizes the alkaline crystals. It will actually fizz a bit - like pouring bi-carb soda on a lead-acid battery. Unfortunately, you have to disassemble the effected plastic housing to get at the back of the terminals. A clean up with water or methylated spirit (Denatured alcohol) is a good idea after too, careful of plastic/painted plastic if you use metho.

But, I've saved an old walkman, walkie-talkies & a few torches with the old white vinegar clean up. It (the leakage crystals) eat the nickel coating on the terminals, but you'll get it working again. I've found duracell's are really bad for leakage - I won't use them anymore.

You just have to be vigilant and remove any alkaline batteries if you aren't using them anymore.

Few more fresh ones I did of this guy. Some camera settings took a wonder on this:

DSC_1447 Kopie.jpg

DSC_1457 Kopie.jpg

DSC_1458 Kopie.jpg

DSC_1460 Kopie.jpg

Best way to edit pictures of the endo: having the T1 score running!
Hope y'all have a great evening!

Nice pics Timo. Are those the stock leathers on the BD Enterbay? They look better condition than mine which made me wonder if you bought the Rise Collectibles replacement set.

Thank you, man. :)
Tried new camera settings, but the joints on the endo had become way too lose over the years, without overtly "playing" with it.

Those are the stock leathers man. Joints and peg on the launcher's hand didn?t hold up well, but the pleather did. :)

I passed on this for my collection because Hot Toys promised a 1/6 version. I cant believe hot toys are passing up the chance to make thi$$$ in 1/6.

I would love to see Hot Toys create a DX Terminator/T2 endoskeleton in 1/6. I can't understand why they haven't capitalized on Dark fate to do this, especially as the Genysis endo proved that they now have the technology and manufacturing skills to create such a figure.

I would love to see Hot Toys create a DX Terminator/T2 endoskeleton in 1/6. I can't understand why they haven't capitalized on Dark fate to do this, especially as the Genysis endo proved that they now have the technology and manufacturing skills to create such a figure.

They wouldn?t do the original Endo for DF, cause the Genisys Endo is used in DF. But I agree, it?s money left on the table.

I passed on this for my collection because Hot Toys promised a 1/6 version. I cant believe hot toys are passing up the chance to make thi$$$ in 1/6.

I would buy a 1/6 for sure despite already owning both HT classic versions from long ago. But maybe they don't have the license for the classic endo anymore

Did anybody else know this was going on? I only just discovered this on FB today: A subscription for a 1/2 scale Endoskeleton that you build on your own, like the ones for the DeLorean and Ecto-1.

I still think the P1 1/2 statue looks a bit more badass with all the extra weathering, but this does still look very cool. Especially with those remote controlled moving eyes. Not sure how much it would cost to put the whole thing together though.

https://www.buildtheterminator.com/

75247422_2245792202378953_1027874004230209536_o.jpg

Back