Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the head completely disassembled. Nothing holding it together aside from three screws and some glue. Glue is very brittle and easily loosened due to being applied on top of the chrome. If anyone has any questions about taking this thing apart just ask.

539721FD-1DBB-4089-B756-0CE797CC124C_zpsslmmg1sr.jpg

I cannot believe I scored this Iron Man Mark 42 base for my Endo. So much more epic than the skulls base. Eventually I'll repaint the yellow arms and red floor to be gunmetal and silver like the top of the platform. I got this idea of a factory setting from the T2 teaser trailer.

Originally I wasn't going to use the platform and have him just standing on the base between the arms, but the disks at the top of the big arms didn't quite like up to the sides of his knees like I hoped. The arms don't have nearly as much articulation as they appear. They are stuck bent like that and can't be extended up. So I opted for the full set up, which makes good use of the hoses. The "3" on the light on the front of the base pops off easily.

And of course I switched the name plates. I'm impressed with how hard that glue is to overcome without ruining the plates.

The base does light up, but I wish HT had figured out a better place to put the damned switch. It's under the platform where it attaches to the base, so you have to remove the figure, pull out the pole, detach the arms, and hope you don't pull all the hoses just to switch it on and off. So dumb.

T-42%2002.jpg

T-42%2001.jpg

Got the head completely disassembled. Nothing holding it together aside from three screws and some glue. Glue is very brittle and easily loosened due to being applied on top of the chrome. If anyone has any questions about taking this thing apart just ask.

539721FD-1DBB-4089-B756-0CE797CC124C_zpsslmmg1sr.jpg

I could use a step by step tutorial lol which i may need soon

That stand looks really cool SilentSurfer, great idea!

Alice what chrome paint are you using? It looks really good.

I really wouldn't risk it. I mean maybe you could get it to stand independently but I think a shelf dive would be inevitable sooner or later - the ankles.....

Last edited:
I really wouldn't risk it. I mean maybe you could get it to stand independently but I think a shelf dive would be inevitable sooner or later - the ankles.....

Ah that's a shame to hear. It is actually going in a glass cabinet, so at least I wouldn't have to worry about a fall to the floor. Planning on displaying it with the neca 1/4 alien warrior and soon to be released neca arnold. I'm fine with or without bases generally, but I like consistency. Maybe it will distract me less if I put the endo in the center.

I want a 1:4 Alien Warrior but I'm not fond of the blue. Also I've read about a warping issue. I was hoping they'd release a colour variant and address the wonky legs while they were at it....maybe they'll find an excuse with their new Warrior sculpt.

Alice what chrome paint are you using? It looks really good.

Molotow chrome. You can get it in pen form or in "refill" bottles. I just got a pen, decanted it and sprayed it through an airbrush. I've decided to electroplate my parts when I get them done though. The chrome paint looks great, but it just doesn't match the other chrome parts.

Can the endoskeleton stand on its own without any base?

What everyone else said. It can definitely stand, but it WILL eventually fall. I have mine on the stand, and it still gets wobbly from time to time.

I want a 1:4 Alien Warrior but I'm not fond of the blue.

I'm tempted to get one and repaint it to the brown/bone white colour.

f9fc450b7a618767450f21273d038eaf.jpg

black/dark blue A2 will always be my favourite

1ece5484e71bbc7ead48bc43e31002b0--alien-films-saga.jpg

(not an actual movie suit)

but Neca made it golden/light blue (and later Tsang stole and exaggerated that), which really doesn't look good.
still way better than cream brown :) (or toilet brown, like their small aliens 2)

I still like the brown/tan skeletal bone colour. Not the poo brown like the Neca aliens. I know the photo I posted has some pretty harsh light, and makes it look more yellow than it should.

So, I've worked a bit more on my endo. The white parts are recast/resculpted parts. I reshaped the jaw. Still need to resculpt the teeth. Currently still sporting the shaved down ones to give it a better proportion so I can see what needs to be done to the jaw, and general shape of the head.

Moved the arm and shoulder closer to the body to give it the sleeker shoulder profile it's supposed to have. This also helps make the back rounder, which, I'm sure, will satisfy P.. Shortened the bicep, because it was way too long compared to the rest of his body. Now his hands don't hang all the way down to his knees. Still need to modify the bicep pistons so they fit and work. Also, trying to straighten the elbow joints so the forearms don't have that weird, outward bend. I'll more than likely end up rebuilding and detailing the hands at some point, too.

Also, got tired of looking at the Neca quality paint job on the plasma rifle. Gave it a base paint job tonight. Will continue tomorrow. Didn't want to cheap out and just paint it silver and black, so I went with gun metal and stainless steel. It's less contrasting, and will be brought closer together once it's weathered like the opening of T2.

Photo 16-08-2017 19 32 09.jpg

Photo 16-08-2017 14 14 23.jpg

Photo 16-08-2017 19 28 50.jpg

Really excellent work there! The arm position change really makes all the difference. The teeth I think are already very good, so I imagine the further work you put into them can only make them look better.

Contrasting the plasma rifle removes that plastic look.

Well I've noticed some collectibles feature the black/dark grey color, while others have the rifle painted black and silver. Curious to here if anyone knows the true color. I personally prefer the black and silver, it stands out more.

Back