The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad the cape on the new one is darker in black and shorter more of the battle cape version over the long drape cape we've gotten before. Definitely annoying they didn't include mouth pieces and his accessories unless you can remove them from the Armory display.

I'm having trouble seeing Bale at all with the eye sculpt and cowl. Super hard edges + lines running throughout the entire cowl when it should be softer. It's like they chiseled the hell out of every single detail. Very weird looking shape on the overall cowl itself.

It reminds me of JND's cowl and eye sculpt that they attempted for their 1/6 "figure".

ypP32tR.png

amJXMHC.png
DGW8Tfp.png
Yeah. The details are definitely exaggerated. The lines, the curves etc..

I'll say the neck alone makes this a huge improvement over the DX19. About time..

The shape of the shoulder pads is much better, but they bulge out too much and aren't as flush to the shoulders as I would like them to be

I think it looks good, for HT. But the body they’ve given it is stupidly big and throwing the whole thing off.

If InArt do indeed tackle him I’m sure they’ll nail the proportions.
There was that leaked image one time that appeared to show it's in their plans. They even expressed interest. But there's no telling how long it will take..

It was a dick move on HT's part and it It still sucks:lol - that custom guy that caused trouble in the other thread so let's not repeat that here- YEAH - his mods smoke this ****.

I'll wait for the 14.0 in a few years.

That cowl sculpt looks almost identical to the bizarre JND one. The Bale sculpt looks terrible - even the creepy initial prototype looked better.
Im one of the few that liked the initial prototype haha. Kinda wish they kept it but I hope it's still on schedule to release this year and really looking forward to see how it looks in blogger photos.

I have so many HT Bale bats and they “upgraded it again 😆. I didn’t order this set though tempted as a Batman collector but didn’t have the need for another armory especially since I have the Bruce Alfred Bats pack already.

I have so many HT Bale bats and they “upgraded it again 😆. I didn’t order this set though tempted as a Batman collector but didn’t have the need for another armory especially since I have the Bruce Alfred Bats pack already.
I've never owned a Bale Bats so this will be my first one ever! So I'm pretty excited, but I can see how it might not be for some!

I've never owned a Bale Bats so this will be my first one ever! So I'm pretty excited, but I can see how it might not be for some!

I’d say it looks good if you don’t already have a Bale Batman, but as someone who owns both a DX12 and DX19 this behavior is irritating and boring. I’m tired of the slow drip of minor updates.

At this point I’ve written off getting another Hot Toys Bale Batman and I’m just waiting to see what InArt does - their Bale sculpt already looks great.

If you look closely at the comparisons with any picture containing the DX19, you can see they lightened the contrast/brightness on the DX19 shots and darkened the contrast on the Armory. Look at the difference in shadows, lines and blacks between the two. So weird, why not just shoot them in the same photo booth in the same conditions.

It’s like me doing this,

2FABF71A-61C8-4489-BF90-4DD7AD612897.jpeg

Just odd.

But yeah, this is about what I expected from them as far as an update goes. Yea, very reminiscent of those JND statue cowls. The big ole’ schnoz reminds me of some of those promo pics that magazines and General Mills would use to promote the first film.

2E3DD606-71DA-4A07-9A06-7C90D9DCFEFE.jpeg

10FEC574-B79E-4C51-BA73-B82213316759.jpeg

0865A3D7-9526-4BB1-A1EC-4079C38608C8.jpeg

B33CD270-96AA-4B09-87B4-7A0033F6D479.jpeg

C6824C6C-F192-40A0-B560-019D9F5EC6B5.jpeg

It’s getting to the point now where I don’t think anyone knows what is truly “accurate” anymore. Same with the Ledger Joker. That’s what happens when you obsess and break something down to minutia. It will never be perfect. Everything becomes “idealized” or just plain wrong.

Also have to remember, things change from scene to scene. Actors, continuity changes, make up, costume fits, lighting. I have yet to see a 1/6 Batman that perfectly represents a certain scene other than the unreal customs head that perfectly recreated a cowl head of Batman in the interrogation scene. Small, squinty, beady eyes at the very tops of the eye holes, lip up to the nose,

B5C58B49-9563-4586-A68D-A22C857D79D6.jpeg

But Bale doesn’t look like that in the whole movie. Sometimes he fits the cowl better, other times it looks too loose. Sometimes the make of the rubber cowl looks different and less polished. It’s just like Keaton in the first Batman film where each scene of him looks completely different. This isn’t even taking into account all the different types of cameras, lenses, angles, etc. you can have all the reference in the world, but when you factor in all these things it’s impossible to achieve a perfect replica. It’ll never be that actual 1:1 thing you covet, which doesn’t even really exist in reality either. Go ahead, get a screen used prop from 20 years ago. Time and conditions have warped that thing to the point where it’s never going to look like it did in all those perfect, movie magic shots.

Last edited:
Why the hell couldn't they make the DX 19 this good? This figure is basically saying "hey, everyone who bought the DX19, f*** you! Buy this instead!
Thankfully I'm not getting this, because I'm so damn tired of this ugly ass suit getting done over and over and over and over and over again 🤣
But buying this figure is probably cheaper than getting a custom head so congrats to anyone getting this.

I’d say it looks good if you don’t already have a Bale Batman, but as someone who owns both a DX12 and DX19 this behavior is irritating and boring. I’m tired of the slow drip of minor updates.

At this point I’ve written off getting another Hot Toys Bale Batman and I’m just waiting to see what InArt does - their Bale sculpt already looks great.
Agree! Maybe in 2 years there will be another dark knight from hot toys with 1% better looks, while Batman begins gets a lazy rerelease for the 100th time 🤣
I wish I was joking, but sadly I'm probably right (and sometimes I hate being right 😭)

I put a fat $ pre-order down for this. If they have replaced the advertised sculpt on the statue Bale in black shorts (I liked) with that new corpse face, I will be having words.

Aybaig did say there was another Bale and Keaton coming down the line soon and his sources have been right every single time (BvS regular and armored).

It would be in bad taste for it to be another TDK/TDKR version, but it wouldn’t surprise me. For as ugly and terribly designed as that suit is, their internal metrics probably show that it’s a way better seller for whatever reason. So at the end of the day, they’re not really picking it, the customers and fan base are. The next one will be just a little different to get the crazies to spring for that one.

I remember back when the only options for a 1:6 Bale Batman were the Hot Toys MMS13, the Takara and the MMS67 Original costume (all three obviously being Begins suits) there really wasn’t a lot of customizing going on outside of stuffing the suits with padding and cotton. My Takara and MMS67 still have the cotton balls in their chests, shoulders and biceps. :lol

It wasn’t until TDK with the new suit and Joker that this **** really blew up. Thats when the hype and obsession reached critical mass. MMS67 and MMS71, compacted with the unveiling of the DX figures was the start of the obsession of bettering Joker and TDK Batman and it really hasn’t ended since. Makes me wonder how different things would have been had they actually designed a brand new suit for Batman in TDKR instead of dusting off the 2008 one. The merchandise and sales would have been radically different.

As nice as it would be for the next one to be a proper, all new Begins Batman, I think there’s a reason they halfassed the 595 as much as they did. It just doesn’t sell like the others. It’s like how every company neglects to do the Panther Kilmer suit from Forever other than Prime 1. The market doesn’t know there’s a desire or demand for it because it hasn’t been tested yet. It’s always just the armored Sonar Suit.

Back