Hot Toys - Prey: Feral Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.webp

Don't buy in to the hype without a pre-order it's meaningless. They showcases the predator from the last movie never made it to production either. So I take every hot toys figure, announcement with a grain of salt until I see a preorder

Last edited:
Sorry Zurdo :lol
But, yeah, I really don't like how this figure looks so far...
And I really don't mind the design. It's a bit of a departure, but hey, I can buy into the idea of different "tribes" of Predators.

Hahaha no worries :lol

I am the same, I don’t mind the design, but can see why others don’t have a preference to it. Hmm, come to think of it, since they’re going to potentially produce this Pred, maybe there’s also a possibility they’ll get back in the Aliens figures :panic: (But, just hoping!)

Wowzz looks even better in these photos! The paint work is excellent, and I think the pose/ viewing angles hides some of the joints well enough.
As much as the exposed joints bother me (those knees 👀), I think they’ve done a good job with the torso joint from what I can see - using the contours of his physique to “blend” it in…

He is looking prety good though.

If HTs doesn’t bring us a Naru, then perhaps a lovely little 3rd party will 🤞🏻

Feral obviously has inflammation of the hands. 300 years ago they didn't have the anti-inflammatories we have today. And even if they did, it would have been hard to get them in the woods of the Great Plains. I have no problem with the sausage hands if a plausible explanation for them can be posited.
…And like augmented human blood bringing Tribbles back from the dead, there’s no guarantee they’d work with his biology 😄
I bet he’d love to play the piano if he could…

Don't buy in to the hype without a pre-order it's meaningless. They showcases the predator from the last movie never made it to production either. So I take every hot toys figure, announcement with a grain of salt until I see a preorder
To be fair the last movie sadly was utter dump especially with the talent involved in front and behind the camera - that pred-dog, WTF!?
Whereas this outing has had lots of praise and hype with a sequel bubbling away, so hopefully HTs will follow through.

I mean Jesus, they went ahead with the 2019 incarnation of Hellboy and look how that film turned out! Admittedly I do have a soft spot for it, with it being Big Red despite a lot of its faults…Damn fine figure that one too.

I’m pretty sure Feral will make it into our sweaty collecting hands eventually 👍🏻🤞🏻👌🏻

If I was running the TV world, I'd peg one of the mature channels to pilot a predator miniseries where each season covers different eras of Predators visiting for a challenge, and two to three episodes follow a given lead in their battle against them. No one is safe, some succeed, some fail. Keep it interesting. Maybe the predator returns a few hundred years later to take on a new challenger. Idk what the lifespan of a Predator is but if that works so be it.

No strings attached. Maybe some lore passes down as in-universe mythology that makes it's way to the next lead as a bedtime story or whatever.

Predator doesn't need to be complex. Space crab-man comes for challenge, humans and/or other species face unilateral challenge at a deficit. Rinse repeat.

While not the best template, the idea of Assassin's Creed using different eras across installments is exactly what you could do with a series. One season. 3 eras. 3 leads. 1-3 preds depending on what your narrative is. It can be diverse, sample tons of historical cultures across time, and fit with the established lore all the same. What if Bigfoot was actually a Predator? What about all the Egyptian mythology? Jack the Ripper? All of Slavic folklore? You want to see a live action Samurai predator? There ya go. The adventures of Elder pred? Easy. There's however many predators NECA has **** out over the years so everyone can get their favorite immortalized on the screen one way or another.

If I was running the TV world, I'd peg one of the mature channels to pilot a predator miniseries where each season covers different eras of Predators visiting for a challenge, and two to three episodes follow a given lead in their battle against them. No one is safe, some succeed, some fail. Keep it interesting. Maybe the predator returns a few hundred years later to take on a new challenger. Idk what the lifespan of a Predator is but if that works so be it.

No strings attached. Maybe some lore passes down as in-universe mythology that makes it's way to the next lead as a bedtime story or whatever.

Predator doesn't need to be complex. Space crab-man comes for challenge, humans and/or other species face unilateral challenge at a deficit. Rinse repeat.

While not the best template, the idea of Assassin's Creed using different eras across installments is exactly what you could do with a series. One season. 3 eras. 3 leads. 1-3 preds depending on what your narrative is. It can be diverse, sample tons of historical cultures across time, and fit with the established lore all the same. What if Bigfoot was actually a Predator? What about all the Egyptian mythology? Jack the Ripper? All of Slavic folklore? You want to see a live action Samurai predator? There ya go. The adventures of Elder pred? Easy. There's however many predators NECA has **** out over the years so everyone can get their favorite immortalized on the screen one way or another.

Yeah - I can't believe how much tunnel-vision went into the films (up until PREY anyways). Dark Horse expanded the universe in so many interesting ways, I never understood why some of the ideas were not adapted or used for inspiration.

For the life of me I cannot understand why Hot Toys or some other company has been pumping out 1/6 scale Alien and Predator figures yearly. There is beyond a collector base for them. Just seems like an untapped gold mine.

Back