Hot Toys - Prey: Feral Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed this was sculpted digitally by someone other than Joseph Tsang. Feels weird. There's a lot more crisp, intricate microdetail possible with digital, but Tsang went on a journey with these. His Wolf was phenomenal, even I couldn't pass it up and I'm not even that big a fan of the character. I was excited to see what he might do with the original.

If we're even remotely close to the point where $350-$400 is the average price for most HT figures then I'll be stepping out of this hobby without any regrets.

Idc if this is an entirely new sculpt. It's not worth $350 by any stretch of the imagination.

I remember buying Scar & Elder P2 2.0 Predators for $210 (my only two Predators). Back then $210 was a jump in price as the Beserker from PREDATORS twas released for $170 a few years before. My most recent C-3PO I purchased for $450 Canadian and is my only 1/6 figure in the past 1.5 years. Which is my average in the past few years. The high prices of 1/6 keeps my collection lean and eliminates any desire or temptation.

I remember buying Scar & Elder P2 2.0 Predators for $210 (my only two Predators). Back then $210 was a jump in price as the Beserker from PREDATORS twas released for $170 a few years before. My most recent C-3PO I purchased for $450 Canadian and is my only 1/6 figure in the past 1.5 years. Which is my average in the past few years. The high prices of 1/6 keeps my collection lean and eliminates any desire or temptation.
That's the way to look at it. A filter so you're only buying what your collection absolutely cannot be without.

This price is potentially too much for me - I need to look at my pre-orders and decide what needs trimming, I DO really want this but I'm not going to sacrifice an Inart order for it.

Ah - USD prices for my originals at the times of release . . . happy, simple times . . . you tell the kids this these days and they don't believe you :)

• Hot Toys Scar $110.50
  • Hot Toys Celtic $110.50
  • Hot Toys AVP Elder $110.49
  • Hot Toys AVP Chopper $110.49

• Hot Toys P2 (regular version) $124.99

• Hot Toys P2 Elder $125.00

• Hot Toys Dutch $139.99
  • Hot Toys P1 exclusive $174.99
  • Hot Toys P1 standard $169.99

. . . and so-on.​

Back