1/6 Hot Toys - MMS582 - Iron Man - Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man - Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) 2.0

I much prefer the hair sculpt on the V1...V2 looks much more like RDJ in the eyes...I dunno, if you could combine the two you'd probably have a great sculpt...

Pretty much exactly what I said.

Ordered! It's a sad day to think that $310 seem "cheap" nowadays for a deluxe set :lol

For someone who wasn't collecting HT back when this was first released, I appreciate all these IM re-releases. Hope to get a new Mark I soon too.

The hair from the V1 was from the wrong scene though, that was from just before the Mark 3 suit up scene when he's tweaking the glove. This one is a bit more accurate but I wish it was a bit more slicked back, it has too much volume at the moment.

hair1.jpg

hair2.JPG

I quite like his look from the first test.

test.JPG

Got my order in for the exclusive deluxe. Only con preorder so far. The price of this seems to be more consistent with what I would call HT current standardized pricing than the other releases. But I guess HT is probably ratcheting up their prices once again with this new wave.

I'm gonna wait on all these exclusives, will either wait til a $25 code is around or at least until after Spooktacular to build up some points.

I'm gonna wait on all these exclusives, will either wait til a $25 code is around or at least until after Spooktacular to build up some points.

Same here. I am too jaded with how many figures eventually get discounted and/or get free shipping to not wait on most stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused how people are getting these $25 off codes? My understanding is that Sideshow emails them after completing orders but I never get them anymore? Does Sideshow hate me? :lol

I'm confused how people are getting these $25 off codes? My understanding is that Sideshow emails them after completing orders but I never get them anymore? Does Sideshow hate me? :lol

I think it is after you get an order shipped?

Also, yes, maybe they just do hate you for some reason, lol.

I don't get anything from sideshow in terms of coupon codes anymore either. The last one I got was pasted to the side of the box of the first release of hulkbuster and it was expired when it got to me. I messaged them to show them this, and their response was "we don't have any codes active currently"... They're very good with customer service if you've bought something, but when it comes to public relations otherwise, they suck.

Honestly, every once in a while on FB groups someone will post their code if they don't plan on using it.

The only codes I get are for in stock items. I am only interested in preorders since I already have everything I want.

But I guess HT is probably ratcheting up their prices once again with this new wave.

It is not hot toys bumping up prices, it is sideshow.

This is what I have read : the mysterio iron man is $320 to pre order Direct at secret base.
Sideshow buy the figure At wholesale price (cheaper than secret base). They are now selling It for $420 ......

It is not hot toys bumping up prices, it is sideshow.

This is what I have read : the mysterio iron man is $320 to pre order Direct at secret base.
Sideshow buy the figure At wholesale price (cheaper than secret base). They are now selling It for $420 ......

I just looked and Timcent is selling it for about $380 so it does appear Sideshow is really egregiously gouging here. Which is not a big surprise based on their track record of charging excessive rates for shipping, etc. They are reliable but not exactly collector friendly.

thinking about pre-ordering this one, it will be first pre-order figure for me as i only started collecting recently.

read through this thread but can't seem to find out what the difference between mms581 vs mms582, can anyone clarify?

thinking about pre-ordering this one, it will be first pre-order figure for me as i only started collecting recently.

read through this thread but can't seem to find out what the difference between mms581 vs mms582, can anyone clarify?

Mms582 is the deluxe that has Tony?s Dum-e mechanical robot

Sideshow is finally shipping my bd Mk 85 next week which means this figure will be my next oldest preorder. Closing in on 2 freaking years, time to release this in HK at least.

I got this e-mail from Sideshow:

"
Your item, Tony Stark (Mech Test Deluxe Version - Special Edition) : Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys, has been delayed.
Due to unforeseen issues, your order for Tony Stark (Mech Test Deluxe Version - Special Edition) : Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys (Order #AAG37610) is arriving later than we initially thought. Per FTC regulations, if you want to keep this order, you must confirm by clicking the button below.

If you don't respond by May 24th, 2022 at 5:00pm PDT, we will be forced to cancel your order.
"

Never gotten an e-mail like this before.

It’s their new policies. When you order something now there is a box to tick to ‘protect’ your order or something like that. It’s no big deal really, if you want it, click it. But the good side is now that it’s been delayed you can get your NRD back easily if you cancel.

Back