1/6 Hot Toys - MMS582 - Iron Man - Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man - Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) 2.0

What isn't clear to me is if these (Tony, Diana, Cable, Ani) are regular releases or summer con exclusives like Stan Lee and Whiplash? Some of HTs marketing makes it sound like they are.

The only exclusives were announced. Everything else would be a regular release.

The only exclusives were announced. Everything else would be a regular release.
Thanks for clarifying. There's a HT provided photo with pricing and such that, in my late night stupor, presented as exclusives.

I dig the shield for Cable...but I think I can live without the motion lasso for Diana. Not for the cost of SS shipping.

Yeah this wasn't sculpted by GOX. It was sculpted by Hwam Kim and directed by GOX.

Moronic that they didn't get him to sculpt it after getting him right after years of failures.

If I were to get this then it would probably just be the special version. I already have dummy from Tony's Workshop set.

Thank you for reminding me. I have that too but forgot it came with dummy.

Upon further inspection, I believe the IM3 Tony's dummy has the articulated claws at the end of the arm, where this one only has the extinguisher end... That's different enough to warrant having 2 in my book. :lol

$420.93 CAD + shipping + tax + import fees for the "Deluxe":thud:

(I paid $125.00 for MMS 116 and sold it for about 2x what the new DX is going for...granted it was 10 years ago that MMS 116 was released--but these things are getting way too expensive...)

Enjoy IM fans!

$420.93 CAD + shipping + tax + import fees for the "Deluxe":thud:

(I paid $125.00 for MMS 116 and sold it for about 2x what the new DX is going for...granted it was 10 years ago that MMS 116 was released--but these things are getting way too expensive...)

Enjoy IM fans!

I feel your pain, all the way here in Toronto. These are almost at statue prices now, though I might bit on this figure and I don't even collect 1/6 anymore.

This release is cool for the folks who want it, but I def don't need this one taking up more space in my closet! :yess:

Both are good attempts I guess...but neither scream EPIC likeness to me...this will be a pass then. Oh well, money saved!

I much prefer the hair sculpt on the V1...V2 looks much more like RDJ in the eyes...I dunno, if you could combine the two you'd probably have a great sculpt...

I find it odd that this sculpt isn't listed as "Newly developed"... they didn't use this one before, did they?

111.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, aftermarket prices are making these new SRPs seem "reasonable" or "bargain" even.

We are being conditioned. :panic:

Need to rack up those rewards.. :monkey3

For sure, I ordered the deluxe. I've always wanted this version of Tony but it was long sold out before I started collecting.

Good on you, bro. Just saw your owned list and that is an impressive collection. You should post pics of your collection sometime.

Good on you, bro. Just saw your owned list and that is an impressive collection. You should post pics of your collection sometime.

Thanks. I still have to update it with the multiple pre-orders this week. I don't have them all in one place at the moment. They're kinda scattered around my place. I moved 2-ish years ago, so some of them are still in their boxes due to my lack of display room... I ordered 6 Moducase displays that will be here in November/December and after I get those together I'll have one massive Avengers display. For sure i'll post it on here.

Thanks. I still have to update it with the multiple pre-orders this week. I don't have them all in one place at the moment. They're kinda scattered around my place. I moved 2-ish years ago, so some of them are still in their boxes due to my lack of display room... I ordered 6 Moducase displays that will be here in November/December and after I get those together I'll have one massive Avengers display. For sure i'll post it on here.

Awesome dude, looking forward to see it.

So I just order the standard and deluxe version of this. I had rewards and a $25.00 code to use. Paying $53 a month for four months for the standard, and $50 a month for five months for the deluxe.

Back