1/6 Hot Toys - MMS582 - Iron Man - Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man - Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) 2.0

Is that even a reasonable debate? It's by far the best.

we weren't debating anything. She's showing her family the entire MCU as they haven't watched so we were discussing their reactions. So the topic came up about how we feel IM1 is the best of the IM movies

Last edited:

Where is the Diecast Mark I...?

Have to wait while Howard puts his minions to work on the MCU Terminator and the flesh eating Tony Stark Ghost of Christmas Past.

This looks fun, but not sure I really need it. I'm sure it'll come out a year and a half from now so I'll have time to decide. I'll have to order from Sideshow since I love those exclusive parts.

Decent sculpt upgrade

o8Kla4L.png

I’m pretty happy about this re-release. Gladly will pick this up.

Where is the Diecast Mark I...?

Would they would have to do a diecast human body inside the suit, with a mix of diecast and plastic armor? I think a standard TT plastic body would be too light to support diecast components in the armor. I wonder if this is the hold-up?

I would love to get a IM1 Happy and Pepper 2-pack. Happy has been seriously overlooked by HT. The man is responsible for the whole thing.

Would they would have to do a diecast human body inside the suit, with a mix of diecast and plastic armor? I think a standard TT plastic body would be too light to support diecast components in the armor. I wonder if this is the hold-up?

It's something they have had plenty of time to figure out though. They have been doing diecast iron man for a number of years now and I think it's a forgone conclusion that a diecast mark 1 will be made.

Decent sculpt upgrade

o8Kla4L.png

Both are good attempts I guess...but neither scream EPIC likeness to me...this will be a pass then. Oh well, money saved!

Do you think diecast Mark 1 will be announced also?

I really like this one too, but I would go only for one of them ... so maybe worth a wait for Mk1 diecast?

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get GOX to do this after he got RDJ right last year.

The head sculpts on both this and Whiplash 2.0 are very meh indeed. Seems like HT looking to make a quick buck rather than any actual substantial improvements.

Whiplash was just a reissue, nothing was updated. This one, fwiw has a new sculpt and some detail improvements

Back