1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I'm pretty sure I recall someone mentioning that LCDN receives direct from Hot Toys somehow. Not sure how true this is, but they are usually pretty competitive especially when comparing with other European stores.

I ordered my Obi Wan from Asia this time. Got him ages ago. But also the standard.

They're the cheapest as far as I can see, especially with the membership discount. Slightly worried what will happen with Bonehead Brexit as I have thousands of pounds worth of figures on pre-order from them.

I'm quite liking Planetactionfigures in the UK, they're a little bit more expensive than LCDN, but they do free postage, a points system and payment plans.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Probably that's why they ship without shipper box (But they package well despite that). However, as far as I remember Budgetstarks have mentioned a few years back, that tough shipper box is added for/by SSC, Hot Toys still sell/send those bigger figures with shipper box even in Hong Kong. That was something like that. So, I wonder how my DX16 will be. With shipper box or not.

Damn standard ed sold out at ssc stealth like, was not expecting that to happen without low stock warning. If you guys were waiting like me better order him from bbts before they sell out too. I just placed mine, glad im not stuck having to buy the deluxe (dont care about the peanut or that table would never display him with it) rather put that xtra money towards dooku and yodu. Way too much **** shipping all the same time wtf hot toys do this to us. Wish they?d stagger the releases a bit better. Going to be expensive figure month

Damn standard ed sold out at ssc stealth like, was not expecting that to happen without low stock warning. If you guys were waiting like me better order him from bbts before they sell out too. I just placed mine, glad im not stuck having to buy the deluxe (dont care about the peanut or that table would never display him with it) rather put that xtra money towards dooku and yodu. Way too much **** shipping all the same time wtf hot toys do this to us. Wish they?d stagger the releases a bit better. Going to be expensive figure month

Really? This is the first time I've seen stocks sold out at SS at ridiculously faster speed than retailers.

I finally got this figure last week. What an amazing representation of a great character. The headsculpt is outstanding. I'm very happy to have this one in my collection!

It's not like this thing just got released.
It's been out for months, lol.
I feel your pain though. They are now releasing far more figures than i could possibly afford.
Especially on the Star Wars front.

I did a minor head repaint today. Just masked off the skin and dry brushed one some Tamiya Wood Deck Tan to highlight the incredible sculpting work on his hair, moustache and beard.
Not sure if it?s easy to see, but it does help the sculpt details show up.

3686bbc8a52fd85f947753c2abda9565.jpg

0a6c59620ece024fabb684007567b3b3.jpg

5da1170e87dc7b707bc47e85ed348bf6.jpg

d0719a06f621db1f17d2b6c149f76486.jpg

That ugly false lip.

You know, they sculpted the part below the lip in a way that it appears like a lip causing actual lip to appear as a sticking tongue in certain light conditions.

You know, they sculpted the part below the lip in a way that it appears like a lip causing actual lip to appear as a sticking tongue in certain light conditions.

Ahh. I have heard people talk about that.
But the way my facial schema works, I don’t see it.

Figure looks awesome to me i just don't agree with the complaints about the hs at all, could it have been better sure but that applies to nearly all ht figure headsculpts. It looks like ewan as obi wan in sith, what more could we ask for. Its also selling out relatively fast compared to other star wars figures which is a good indicator that the majority of collectors feel the same way.

Figure looks awesome to me i just don't agree with the complaints about the hs at all, could it have been better sure but that applies to nearly all ht figure headsculpts. It looks like ewan as obi wan in sith, what more could we ask for. Its also selling out relatively fast compared to other star wars figures which is a good indicator that the majority of collectors feel the same way.

Also, we might have a new show version of him to look forward to.

This is such a great figure I love it. The tailoring is really good in my opinion too.

Please inspire me with creative poses of Obiwan holding baby Luke.

Back