1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

“Where in blazes did I put that little stink bomb.”

AAA68F84-F300-4AC4-B1DC-290EBEB78995.jpeg

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

"Hello there." My favorite star wars character. Finally ordered the deluxe version.

3184a40342c8806ce77af4649daedf92.jpg

I?ve been trying to figure out a way to display the battle droid pieces as if they are actually being cut up. I?d rather make it interesting looking than just putting them on the floor. I got an idea to use one of these 6? figure stands I had. I also thought of perhaps hanging it from some thin fishing line from the stand as well. Any ideas?

I?ve been trying to figure out a way to display the battle droid pieces as if they are actually being cut up. I?d rather make it interesting looking than just putting them on the floor. I got an idea to use one of these 6? figure stands I had. I also thought of perhaps hanging it from some thin fishing line from the stand as well. Any ideas?

Not too bad at all! If you’re willing to go a bit further, hit up Seth Stoneberger from Stoney’s Stands and ask for something custom. In the past I’ve sent him some accessories that he might not have had with a bit of a description of what I was trying to achieve and he designed custom stands to show off certain parts that otherwise would have just been left in boxes and/or strewn about the shelf.

Someone had some great Jedi Luke shots with their lightsaber levitating using "invisible thread" (you can get it on Amazon)

You could hang the droid parts from Detolf ceiling or your stand to get the effect you are after.

Think I’m finally going to snag this figure. Sideshow has free shipping on it for Spooktacular and I have a $25 promo code from an order that’s expiring soon. $250 for the deluxe edition is pretty good even though I had planned on just getting the standard version.

Think I’m finally going to snag this figure. Sideshow has free shipping on it for Spooktacular and I have a $25 promo code from an order that’s expiring soon. $250 for the deluxe edition is pretty good even though I had planned on just getting the standard version.
Free shipping!? That’s only in the US right? Would be nice to see if they’ll offer free shipping to Sweden/Europe... Then I might snag this one...

There is free worlwide shipping on some of them. You better check them. It's a good deal if you're outside US.

The robe doesn?t bleed on this does it like light side Anakin's right? This and the dark side Anakin both fixed that issue?

My anakin lightside hasn't bled so far same goes for my Obi

Made out good with rewards and ordered the deluxe.

They have the standard in low stock if anyone was wanting that one. No free shipping unfortunately.

I just ordered the standard with my $120.00 in rewards, didn't want to miss out with the low stock warning. Excited to get him, the figure looks great even with the softer sculpt compared to the prototype!

I can't pull the trigger. The prototype was so good. Will wait for AOTC version.

Wound up getting the deluxe. I would have went with the standard, but it wasn?t showing as available when I ordered mine. Plus the deluxe had free shipping for a Spooktacular deal. Used $30 in rewards points to knock it down to $244, which isn?t so bad and gives me the full set rather than not getting all the accessories.

I picked this up as well, for some reason the search function isn't working for me through the thread. Quick questions:

1. If I remove the plastic from the neck, will it stain?
2. If I leave the robe on will it stain the clothing?
3. Anything else I should know about this figure?

I picked this up as well, for some reason the search function isn't working for me through the thread. Quick questions:

1. If I remove the plastic from the neck, will it stain?
2. If I leave the robe on will it stain the clothing?

1: As far as mine is concerned, there are no stains after a month of two without the plastic.
2: Same. No problems when i have had it on(But i have it displayed with the robe off),
3: He's a badass. Nuff said.

Yeah, I had my reservations when I saw the first production shots released, but he was such an integral part of the saga and Ewan was unquestionably the best thing about the PT, that I kept my order thinking at the very least he'll look great posed up next to Anakin.

Now that he's here and in the collection, he's AWESOME! Could not be happier with him.

I'd advise all you fence riders to grab him now while the initial less than great reception has kept him in stock in many places, because when you finally see him in person and decide to pull the trigger, you might be looking at insane eBay prices once you commit!

Cheers!

One thing for sure you'd be definitely end up paying an enormous sum of money for this Obi later in secondary market if you do not get him...NOW!

One thing for sure you'd be definitely end up paying an enormous sum of money for this Obi later in secondary market if you do not get him...NOW!
The regular Anakin has gotten pretty high. Glad I picked him up when I did.

Back