1/6 Hot Toys - MMS430 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Hulk Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 360028

Oh yeah !! That's the one to cover those knee's ! Bring him on HT !

There's a bit of a "fish-net hooker stocking" look there, but nothing a bit of extra tearing won't fix.

But that'll be the question. Will they do this one and an Infinity Wars version ???

Who am I kidding of course they will !!

This is the Hulk I wanted, but now I can't unsee that. Thanks :lol

Who the hell is that between Thor and Loki ? Looks like a temp school teacher they got in and just shoved a sword in her hand !!

9adfea4ae4e175deba1e2cce70af3c1b.jpg

To each their own I suppose. I do agree that in previous photos the knees were distracting, but I don't think they look as bad here as before. Not to say HT did anything to them, other than maybe pose him properly.

The knees are knees. Yes there are more attractive ways to go kneecaps but it's an action figure, you're going to see joints.

The bigger offender is the lack of effort in his outfit. The amount of sculpted fabric is a joke for a figure that size. Needs more mixed media.

The knees are knees. Yes there are more attractive ways to go kneecaps but it's an action figure, you're going to see joints.

The bigger offender is the lack of effort in his outfit. The amount of sculpted fabric is a joke for a figure that size. Needs more mixed media.

What fabric? All I see is leather.

I can see the sculpted clothing on the upper body to accomodate articulation without the pieces constantly falling off or ripping.

What fabric? All I see is leather.

I can see the sculpted clothing on the upper body to accomodate articulation without the pieces constantly falling off or ripping.
Notably the hand wraps and the interwoven blue sections in his waist garb. I think there's some on the arm as well. It just seems like a silly thing to skimp on - the delicacy of fabric is a bit of a mute point since we've had super durable but small work done, like on Cap's uniforms. VTS has real hand wraps on their Mad Max, and that's a normal human sized 1/6 hand. Plus, without actually layering parts and materials, the waist garb looks just like what it is, a single piece of plastic with no depth, when instead it should be layered.

Notably the hand wraps and the interwoven blue sections in his waist garb. I think there's some on the arm as well. It just seems like a silly thing to skimp on - the delicacy of fabric is a bit of a mute point since we've had super durable but small work done, like on Cap's uniforms. VTS has real hand wraps on their Mad Max, and that's a normal human sized 1/6 hand. Plus, without actually layering parts and materials, the waist garb looks just like what it is, a single piece of plastic with no depth, when instead it should be layered.

Ahh okay, gotcha!

Hopefully it changes for the production version.

I feel like his will be a last minute decision of me. I want it but don't see myself displaying a second hulk. Love the gladiator look and enjoyed the comic.

Pass on this if there are recycling the AOU head sculpts. Needs better hair for likeness. The A1 and AOU hulk have somewhat tall hair. It can't be for the pers system. And why can't they get the shade of green right? Stop cutting corners HT. I know HT are in the business to make money but give the buyers what they deserve. They won't stop making money if they do two versions properly. Gladiator Hulk and the Hulk below.

If they did a smirking head sculpt, get the hair and colour right, I'd buy. I seriously doubt they would at this point because people are accepting whatever they offer.

9adfea4ae4e175deba1e2cce70af3c1b.jpg

Yeah. Gladiator Hulk was my #1 on my wishlist. But that damn knee took it off the list lol. I hope they release the "normal" version with that black pant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Gladiator Hulk was my #1 on my wishlist. But that damn knee took it off the list lol. I hope they release the "normal" version with that black pant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to redesign the cuts to fall below the knee if they continue using that hulk body. I can't tailor and you'd have to stitch the jeans on. Making it look skin tight is easier when there is no manufactured tears. The only advantage of the tears is you don't have to take the Hulk feet off which is scary due to the stiffness of the joints. In my case anyway. You can feel the stress on the adapter. Once that snaps then it's something awful like bluetack to hold the joint together.

cuXSNak.jpg

Back