1/6 Hot Toys - MMS430 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Hulk Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25074889_10155105212217344_5063315487846729695_o.jpg

Glad I didn’t have to cut his hair !

Ill be the first to jump ahead to next week and say that head isnt all that accurate

Don't know if you're being sarcastic but the sculpt itself is spot on. Whats throwing it off for me is the hair. He has hat hair. It shouldn't be that matted down.

Well, with the white paint on his face, they're keeping this to the arena scene, so it seems they're going for helmet hair.

Happy to have it, looks great but that haircut is indeed a little off from the movie, but whatever.

Alright, I have a sidenote potential thread derailment question that only you nerds can help me break down. So, I finally got this figure PO'd as well as all the other figures I wanted that have been announced thus far. As it turns out I have more gift card credit/rewards than I thought after ordering everything, basically enough for one full figure. Now, back to Hulk, I do love WWH and Planet Hulk and I think this will do fine as a standalone figure in my collection. But I'm tempted to get Gladiator Thor to pose with him. I already have an AoU Hulk, but the full gladiator look was enough to justify having a second. I'm just not sure if I need a second Thor representation in my collection. What are you guys doing?

*Also note, I'm not interested in the Infinity look of nearly all the characters shown so far. Unless there is a new character reveal or Hawkeye ends up looking insanely badass then I'm not going to need to save this credit for that.... Man, toy anxiety is a real thing....

Happy to have it, looks great but that haircut is indeed a little off from the movie, but whatever.

Alright, I have a sidenote potential thread derailment question that only you nerds can help me break down. So, I finally got this figure PO'd as well as all the other figures I wanted that have been announced thus far. As it turns out I have more gift card credit/rewards than I thought after ordering everything, basically enough for one full figure. Now, back to Hulk, I do love WWH and Planet Hulk and I think this will do fine as a standalone figure in my collection. But I'm tempted to get Gladiator Thor to pose with him. I already have an AoU Hulk, but the full gladiator look was enough to justify having a second. I'm just not sure if I need a second Thor representation in my collection. What are you guys doing?

*Also note, I'm not interested in the Infinity look of nearly all the characters shown so far. Unless there is a new character reveal or Hawkeye ends up looking insanely badass then I'm not going to need to save this credit for that.... Man, toy anxiety is a real thing....

1) What is the time frame on the cards/rewards? Can you stash for 6 months to a year to see if IW etc. has any interesting releases?

2) You say point blank you love Planet Hulk and you were happy enough to have a second representation of Hulk etc. Thor not so much but as part of display. If you get Thor will you be happy a year from now? Or will he just be kind of there when you need the space for another Hulk?

I just ask myself this kind of stuff if I'm on the fence 'coz these figs take maintenance and IMO if you don't love it, you'll resent it later:horror. (Only know this from a poly piece I have shoved on the back of a dark shelf that I consider a mistake....)

3) If you let Gladiator Thor go, will you kick yourself later? Can you get Hulk in, have on the shelf for a while, and then see if it bothers you not to have Gladiator Thor. It doesn't matter what other folks are doing IMO. It's whether you yourself feel like there's dead space on your shelf and your collection needs that Thor, and it's worth the 200$ + (as well as the box storage) or your two Hulks are great on their own.

So the thing is the time frame on the gift cards/credits and/or whether if you wait a bit, you could still get Gladiator Thor if you needed to (even if the price is marked up secondary market). IMO waiting a bit can clear the air re collecting:cool:. I mean there's stuff I leap on (usually Cap/Bucky/SW), stuff I ponder and ended up getting (DS, BP), and then stuff I pass on (Hawkeye so far...)

I pre-ordered this guy day one but I suspect he’s going to be delayed. APR to JUN on sideshow’s site. Reckon the knee and armour may give them a bit of trouble. I have also used my reward points for Thor. Really want Hela too but was hoping for two headsculpts with her including one of her like this

370b76b52968b5a2774aa1ec210f6945.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hoping he would get in before the onslaught of IW announcements. Oh well, as long as they get it right I can wait.

I really hope it’s more colourful like the film. I really like hot toys but sometimes the colours can be a tad dark after black washes and weathering so they get dulled a little. Even Dr Strange (which was one of the best lit and shot movies in the MCU) came out a little muted. The cape could have been a tad brighter. Again - it’s only a small criticism of figures I love and it doesn’t stop me from really enjoying them but as this movies palette really popped I secretly hope the figures will reflect that properly.
e9cb0551720231a303f8a24f63bffac2.jpeg

I can't deal with the knees so I'm going for the Gentle Giant statue instead. A 1/8 scale Hulk--the statue measures 18.5 inches-- will still look huge enough next to my 1/6 Hot Toys Avengers to fit right in. And for a bonus it's $150 cheaper than the Hot Toys version.

I can't deal with the knees so I'm going for the Gentle Giant statue instead. A 1/8 scale Hulk--the statue measures 18.5 inches-- will still look huge enough next to my 1/6 Hot Toys Avengers to fit right in. And for a bonus it's $150 cheaper than the Hot Toys version.

That is exactly why I was going for the GG as well. Im only waiting to see when / if they announce a IW hulk that has normal ripped pants that cover the knees lol

Back