Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup super easy money for them now. They already have everything they need. Only real difference I saw was a black cloak instead of brown (at least it looked black) and shiny belt buckle. Doubt they?d bother with a new sculpt at all. I?d probably buy it though :lol

Yup super easy money for them now. They already have everything they need. Only real difference I saw was a black cloak instead of brown (at least it looked black) and shiny belt buckle. Doubt they?d bother with a new sculpt at all. I?d probably buy it though :lol

Yeah me too :(

Just watched the scene..the cloak is definitely black and the cloak is thinner and laid flush on his shoulders

His hair is different - not as puffy/big as it is in ROTJ.

And um, maybe TLJ-style holoprojecting would explain his slightly wonky CGI face that looks he's just stepped from a video game. Maybe revise the existing HT sculpt to look "less real.":lol

And um, maybe TLJ-style holoprojecting would explain his slightly wonky CGI face that looks he's just stepped from a video game. Maybe revise the existing HT sculpt to look "less real.":lol

Just use the ROTJ Sideshow sculpt, it's damn near perfect:lol

I would like to see them include the smirk or smile he gave Grogu :clap

I wish they just used a new actor. Not only was the CGI pretty sketchy, but as soon as I saw it was a CGI mask, I knew they would NOT be having him return. This is pretty much a one and done cameo.

I thought it was cool no doubt being that it showed Luke wielding some nice skills, but it was essentially his own R1 Darth Vader fan service moment.

I can just see the recast -- some new kid coming in full of energy saying: I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue Grogu.

And it was as if million of fans suddenly cried out in terror... and were suddenly silenced. You better go on with your collecting.

I wish they just used a new actor. Not only was the CGI pretty sketchy, but as soon as I saw it was a CGI mask, I knew they would NOT be having him return. This is pretty much a one and done cameo.

Sorry, horrible idea. If he never appears on screen again I'm fine with that. Just erase the ST and we'll call everything good...

What's the horrible idea, having a new actor? Having him appear with a CGI mask that was little better than an internet deep fake was the horrible idea. I'm happy to have seen him have his Rogue One moment, butt he CGI is so distractingly obvious. Plus him only having a tiny cameo is certainly to keep this series in line with the dreaded ST, not break away from it.

I'm not knocking the moment, I enjoyed it for what it was (though the CGI was not great) I just hoped the last we'd see of Luke was not as a cameo is someone else's tv show and the terrible ST.

While not overly liking the ST overall, I personally am not completely averse to his ST portryal; however, I enjoyed seeing him in this cameo as a post RotJ glimpse of him more than the ST. Especially with the green saber, as opposed to what the ST showed with the green saber. It leaves a better taste in the mouth per se in that sense.

At least you got a glimpse of him and what he looked like essentially at his peak post RotJ.

Back