Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean vertically or horizontally? And like his face seems stretched the closer you get to profile?

I hadn't heard that criticism before - I seem to recall someone saying he had a "baby doll mouth" :)lol) and few others just not seeing as much likeness.

I would say that the greatest challenge of any headsculpt likeness-wise is the front view. I've seen a ton of sculpts that look pretty decent in 3/4 or more from the profile that fall apart as soon as the head's straight-on, which is obviously how most people pose figures. So if it's a choice generally I'd rather have a head that looks great head-on than in 3/4 or profile.

In profile it looks like his face is slightly stretched horizontally. People said Tarkin suffered that problem as well though that was never apparent to me, so with all these things it's eye of the beholder.

I would say it's still the best young Hamill but still isn't 100%.

Excellent work!

Thanks!! A few more... :)

ret IMG_5452.jpg

ret IMG_5479.jpgret IMG_5435.jpg

Just picked this up. Any advice? I won?t be modding it, but are there any staining from the dye I need to worry about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can the stains be easily wiped off with a cotton ball? Should I give the cloak a wash before I apply it?

I know a number of folks seem to have soaked their stuff to try and get excess dye out, mine minimally stained the neck and I was able to gently wipe it away when I got my figure, he's been on shelf for awhile so not sure where it's at today, and I pose the cloak to not touch the hands. I like how the whole outfit rests on mine so I haven't messed with soaking for fear of affecting the fabric flow.

Can the stains be easily wiped off with a cotton ball? Should I give the cloak a wash before I apply it?

The only way I've seen stains removed at all is with zit cream applications. I have seen people soak the cloak to remove some of the dye, I don't know if that'll full cure the problem or not.

shouldn't hurt the cloak to give it a good hand wash in your sink with a tiny bit of detergent. I did that for my ROTS Obiwan and a HUGE amount of dye came out (as in the sink water turned brown) but the cloak itself wasn't affected in terms of any loss of color, just getting the excess dye out that I guess never cured if that's the right terminology to use.

Man, trying to find a gloved gripping hand has become a mission

Agreed! The fact that HT didn't even include one for the Endor Deluxe release (but they released one gloved gripping hand for holding a blaster even though Luke never did it :slap) is really infuriating.

Man, trying to find a gloved gripping hand has become a mission

Loads of places that part figures have gloved gripping hands. It’s just about having a look for something and getting something that might look off at first, but will do the trick. You’re never going to get a parted Luke one. But there will be others that will work.

b4afe38fd7823e4d0a208a0f5aa40837.jpg

ee9872bbcd1f311a80f3f7601c5aa2ee.jpg

70beadfd90c009c6d9572a0377554638.jpg

f24253c6dfebd33b19963f8faaf8c342.jpg

So happy with this guy. When I get back into collecting, I think I?m just going to focus on Star Wars.

Back