Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those few minutes were all we wanted from the sequels. A badass Luke leading a new group of Jedi. That wasn?t hard, was it KK? She may hate men but she may have realized she loves money.

Glad people got their wish fulfilment Luke hallway scene. I'm contempt with both this and TLJ Luke.

I'm actually confused if this years Gallery is only one 1 hour episode covering the entire 2nd season or if it will be 8 episodes again.

The wording was confusing.

I hope it's the latter because that would suck if it's the former lol

It's one hour long episode. They covered music and technical aspects last season, so we'll see more on the new cast, hope we see Mark Hamill recording lines or Temuera Morrison being interviewed.

I was hoping it would be Sebastian Stan when he pulled the hood down. I LOVED the scene anyway (CGI warts and all) took me back to being a 10 year old kid, well done!

Last edited:
Wait, there was three?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow did one too.

That would make four, there's three Hot Toys releases: MMS429, MMS516, and MMS517.

If you looked at all of those releases and still said 'eh, I don't need a Luke' but it took this last episode to turn the page into owning one, I again say I don't feel sorry for you lol.

I can't think of anything that would get me to buy a re-release except maybe a big crushed Dark Trooper or cut up ones, but I'd probably just buy those on the after market rather than get another full figure. I have MMS429 and the deluxe one already.

And again I'll say there is no way HT doesn't make him again with a new sculpt.

I agree with you on wanting to see The Gallery so hard,especially for when Favreau and Filoni nerd out about scripting in Bo Katan,Ashoka,Boba,Thrawn and Luke.
This season was pretty epic.So many standouts,and for me the first episode with the Krayt dragon is still as epic!!

I too think Hot toys will re-release this version of Luke.
They need another one in rotation soon.
Just add Grogu and a Dark Trooper base as the deluxe accessory....oh and add extra gloved hands too.

Those few minutes were all we wanted from the sequels. A badass Luke leading a new group of Jedi. That wasn?t hard, was it KK? She may hate men but she may have realized she loves money.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

KK must have screamed in ecstacy when the "Girl Power" group fought their way into the cruiser's bridge. She then cried in horror as Luke kicked ass and saved the gang.

Aside from the ropey CGI effects...it was great seeing young Skywalker again...and R2:)

DSC_0006 (4).JPG

I wish they just used a new actor. Not only was the CGI pretty sketchy, but as soon as I saw it was a CGI mask, I knew they would NOT be having him return. This is pretty much a one and done cameo.

I simply cannot fathom that anyone - especially old SW fans - would not be over the moon in excitement with the fact that THE Mark Hamill returned as Luke like this... what did it matter that his face might be a tad off!? ...what in the hell does it take for people to get excited these days!!!!?? ...my god this kind of reaction is boring AF ...just sayin.

I don't care about the CGI at all. It gave me exactly what I wanted when they announced the ST in 5 minutes. Abrams and Co should be ashamed of themselves that they couldn't even deliver something so basic yet so pure. A green blade, a musical theme. It's so powerful, and Favreau and Co nailed it.

I simply cannot fathom that anyone - especially old SW fans - would not be over the moon in excitement with the fact that THE Mark Hamill returned as Luke like this... what did it matter that his face might be a tad off!? ...what in the hell does it take for people to get excited these days!!!!?? ...my god this kind of reaction is boring AF ...just sayin.

I think what he means is that he wanted more Luke adventures, and we all know that if its cgi it will be just a one and done cameo, its too expensive to make a full series with that.
I prefer a new actor playing Luke if we get to see more adventures in this part of the timeline. The character is more important than the actor.

I completely agree. The cgi wasn't 100% perfect but it wasn't terrible either. It was plenty good enough. The scene made me far too happy bother nitpicking the cgi or the music.

I think what he means is that he wanted more Luke adventures, and we all know that if its cgi it will be just a one and done cameo, its too expensive to make a full series with that.
I prefer a new actor playing Luke if we get to see more adventures in this part of the timeline. The character is more important than the actor.

Having MH play Luke in this scene doesn?t mean that we won?t see Luke played by another actor - in another series or movie - later on. Not at all. But we?ll see... What I don?t get is how anyone can have their focus on nit picking negatives at this moment in time. I just don?t get the lack of excitement.

The CGI doesn't bother me, what bothers me is Skywalkers and Jedi and all that garbage being shoved into every piece of Star Wars media, there's so much you can do without having a Jedi or a Sith or whatever show up and flex a lightsaber.

Move the franchise away from the Skywalkers, it's time to move on.

Having MH play Luke in this scene doesn?t mean that we won?t see Luke played by another actor - in another series or movie - later on. Not at all. But we?ll see... What I don?t get is how anyone can have their focus on nit picking negatives at this moment in time. I just don?t get the lack of excitement.

I was excited by his appearance, for me the cgi didn't bother at all

The CGI doesn't bother me, what bothers me is Skywalkers and Jedi and all that garbage being shoved into every piece of Star Wars media, there's so much you can do without having a Jedi or a Sith or whatever show up and flex a lightsaber.

But the Skywalkers and the jediXsith is Star Wars in its core! We all kinda wanted that the Jedi that appear to take Grogu would be Luke

Yeah... just like Marvel should get rid of superpowers and Spider-Man ...maybe time to enjoy another franchise? [emoji1745]

Back